Our Top Needs This Off Season

FalconBlood

Our Top Off Season Needs

1. RG
    1. Our entire offense, lives and dies with Matt Ryan, who is 100x better with pocket protection. Giving him better protection from interior pressure should be our first priority, so that we can prolong this period of MVP-esque play. Our running game is also special, with Coleman and Freeman arguably the league's best duo, and a do-it-all RG would make our offense run even smoother.
  2. DE / Pass Rush
    1. Yes, Beasley has been a star this year; the probable league leader in sacks. However, our pass rush can still mightily improve. With the right presence opposite Beasley, we may thrust our defense into the top 10-15 sooner rather than later.
  3. DT
    1. Finding a replacement for the lifelong Falcons, Babineaux, will be no easy task. It looks as though Hageman isn't that guy. We should look to get one more piece to create push and eat up blocks in the middle of our defense Whoever that may be and Jarrett could form a special duo, to catapult our defense into the top 10-15.
  4. FS
    1. Allen has done nothing wrong, per say, but could certainly be upgraded with a difference maker on the back end. Our defense saw just how important a young and talented safety can be, with the addition of stud rookie safety Keanu Neal. Pairing him with a stud FS would do wonders for our young defense for the foreseeable future.
  5. LUXURY DEPTH/UPGRADES

That's it, in my opinion.

We should be set at QB-Ryan/Schaub, RB-Freeman/Coleman, FB-DiMarco, WR-Jones/Sanu/Gabriel/Hardy/Robinson, TE-Tamme/Hooper/Toilolo, LT-Matthews, LG-LeVitre, C-Mack, and RT-Schraeder on offense. We should also be set at LB-Jones/Campbell, SS-Neal, and CB-Trufant/Alford/Collins/Poole. Obviously we have studs and good pieces at DE (pass rusher) and DT, with Beasley/Clayborne/Freeney/Reed and Jarrett.

FA:

• Top Target, Best Young Veteran OG to plug at RG. Biggest priority is getting a proven, stud OG.
  • 2nd Target, Best Young Veteran DE/DT to create push inside or pressure opposite Beasley.
  • 3rd Target, Best Young Veteran FS to stabilize our defensive back field for years to come.

DRAFT:

• Top Target, Best Young DE/DT to create push inside or pressure opposite Beasley. No projects
  • 2nd Target, Best Young FS to stabilize our defensive back field for years to come. No projects.
  • 3rd Target, IF WE MISS ON FA OG, grab the best young RG prospect available. We don't want a project.

My dream offseason:

FA:

1. OG: Kevin Zeitler, Bengals OR T.J. Lang, Packers OR Larry Warford, Lions OR Ronald Leary, Cowboys
  2. DE/DT: Chandler Jones, Cardionals OR Melvin Ingram, Chargers OR Kawaan Short, Panthers OR Jason Pierre-Paul, Giants OR Dontari Poe, Chiefs OR Brandon Williams, Ravens OR Nick Fairley, Saints OR Charles Johnson, Panthers OR  Bennie Logan, Eagles OR Jamie Collins, Browns OR Calais Campbell, Cardinals
  3. FS: Eric Berry, Chiefs OR Any Young, Veteran upgrade on Ricardo Allen.
  4. DEPTH

Draft:

1. Best DE/DT/FS available
  2. Best DE/DT/FS available
  3. Best DE/DT/FS available
  4. DEPTH

1 minute ago, FalconBlood said:

Our Top Off Season Needs

1. RG
    1. Our entire offense, lives and dies with Matt Ryan, who is 100x better with pocket protection. Giving him better protection from interior pressure should be our first priority, so that we can prolong this period of MVP-esque play. Our running game is also special, with Coleman and Freeman arguably the league's best duo, and a do-it-all RG would make our offense run even smoother.
  2. DE / Pass Rush
    1. Yes, Beasley has been a star this year; the probable league leader in sacks. However, our pass rush can still mightily improve. With the right presence opposite Beasley, we may thrust our defense into the top 10-15 sooner rather than later.
  3. DT
    1. Finding a replacement for the lifelong Falcons, Babineaux, will be no easy task. It looks as though Hageman isn't that guy. We should look to get one more piece to create push and eat up blocks in the middle of our defense Whoever that may be and Jarrett could form a special duo, to catapult our defense into the top 10-15.
  4. FS
    1. Allen has done nothing wrong, per say, but could certainly be upgraded with a difference maker on the back end. Our defense saw just how important a young and talented safety can be, with the addition of stud rookie safety Keanu Neal. Pairing him with a stud FS would do wonders for our young defense for the foreseeable future.
  5. LUXURY DEPTH/UPGRADES

That's it, in my opinion.

We should be set at QB-Ryan/Schaub, RB-Freeman/Coleman, FB-DiMarco, WR-Jones/Sanu/Gabriel/Hardy/Robinson, TE-Tamme/Hooper/Toilolo, LT-Matthews, LG-LeVitre, C-Mack, and RT-Schraeder on offense. We should also be set at LB-Jones/Campbell, SS-Neal, and CB-Trufant/Alford/Collins/Poole. Obviously we have studs and good pieces at DE (pass rusher) and DT, with Beasley/Clayborne/Freeney/Reed and Jarrett.

FA:

• Top Target, Best Young Veteran OG to plug at RG. Biggest priority is getting a proven, stud OG.
  • 2nd Target, Best Young Veteran DE/DT to create push inside or pressure opposite Beasley.
  • 3rd Target, Best Young Veteran FS to stabilize our defensive back field for years to come.

DRAFT:

• Top Target, Best Young DE/DT to create push inside or pressure opposite Beasley. No projects
  • 2nd Target, Best Young FS to stabilize our defensive back field for years to come. No projects.
  • 3rd Target, IF WE MISS ON FA OG, grab the best young RG prospect available. We don't want a project.

My dream offseason:

FA:

1. OG: Kevin Zeitler, Bengals OR T.J. Lang, Packers OR Larry Warford, Lions OR Ronald Leary, Cowboys
  2. DE/DT: Chandler Jones, Cardionals OR Melvin Ingram, Chargers OR Kawaan Short, Panthers OR Jason Pierre-Paul, Giants OR Dontari Poe, Chiefs OR Brandon Williams, Ravens OR Nick Fairley, Saints OR Charles Johnson, Panthers OR  Bennie Logan, Eagles OR Jamie Collins, Browns OR Calais Campbell, Cardinals
  3. FS: Eric Berry, Chiefs OR Any Young, Veteran upgrade on Ricardo Allen.
  4. DEPTH

Draft:

1. Best DE/DT/FS available
  2. Best DE/DT/FS available
  3. Best DE/DT/FS available
  4. DEPTH

Thought out. I would add two DTs, not one.

The redundancy in this thread displayed repetition or superfluity of information and used words or data that could be omitted without loss of meaning or function because of the way that phrases were being used more than once in direct series with themselves.

Best young veterans. No projects. Got it. :sadwave:

14 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

The redundancy in this thread displayed repetition or superfluity of information and used words or data that could be omitted without loss of meaning or function because of the way that phrases were being used more than once in direct series with themselves.

That's relatively effortless for someone in your position to suggest about the redundantly displayed repetition in this thread or alleged superfluity of data and excess wording that could (with careful perusal and basic editing for ease of the readers' cognition) be omitted and still maintain the exact meaning or function since several phrases were employed excessively in direct series with themselves.

But others may have already taken to imbibing in order to gain tactical advantage on tonight's pending festivities and they may lack the clear focus necessary to use only the wording required to communicate their theses. Since that is likely the case that we've witnessed, I'd suggest that we accept the stated opinion on the basis of its suggestion and not delve into the minute detail of how it may have been better expressed by the initial posting member.

4 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:

Haha

7 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:

"Young veterans" and "no projects in the draft" was pretty funny to me too. :D

No offense meant OP. But few if any players in the draft are pro ready,  especially at the positions you're interested in. Hooper and Campbell are projects without a doubt. Even Neal and Debo haven't hit their potential and have big flubs occasionally. But no one would deny how good our draft was. 

I'd love to know how linebacker isn't a top 5 need. We have debo, Campbell and a whole bunch of nothing. Worrilow is a free agent, wheeler is 33 and a free agent. We don't even have a legit starter at Sam and Ricardo Allen needs to be upgraded before linebacker? 

We need multiple linebackers and defensive tackles this off season before we replace rico

32 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd love to know how linebacker isn't a top 5 need. We have debo, Campbell and a whole bunch of nothing. Worrilow is a free agent, wheeler is 33 and a free agent. We don't even have a legit starter at Sam and Ricardo Allen needs to be upgraded before linebacker? 

We need multiple linebackers and defensive tackles this off season before we replace rico

Beasley is our SAM. I do agree we need LB Depth but a FS starter is more important than backup LBs.

1. Pass rushing DE

2. DT

3. RG

4. FS

5. Depth at LB and Dline

3 hours ago, AndySG said:

I would love a new RG but the offense is still scoring 35 points a game with Chester there. He's not holding the team back. Sort the defense first and if we can find an upgrade at RG then perfect. 

RG should be aimed at in the draft. 2 things to account for as to reasons why.

1. Guard is one of the easiER positions for a rookie to come in and do well in

2. Given our relative position in the draft it is likely we are in position to get the #1 rated Guard in the draft. I haven't looked necessarily but Guards generally don't go too high as far as OL goes.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

50 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

RG should be aimed at in the draft. 2 things to account for as to reasons why.

1. Guard is one of the easiER positions for a rookie to come in and do well in

2. Given our relative position in the draft it is likely we are in position to get the #1 rated Guard in the draft. I haven't looked necessarily but Guards generally don't go too high as far as OL goes.

You also have to remember that it takes a particular skill set to play guard in a ZBS, though. It's a weak draft for offensive line (especially tackles) but I'm sure somebody good will be available for our first few picks. 

Still think we should be drafting defensive line first, though!

7 minutes ago, AndySG said:

You also have to remember that it takes a particular skill set to play guard in a ZBS, though. It's a weak draft for offensive line (especially tackles) but I'm sure somebody good will be available for our first few picks. 

Still think we should be drafting defensive line first, though!

True! We also can't eliminate the possibility of Wes developing into that starting role.

Him being inactive has no bearing on that.

I dont care if its FA or the draft ( prefer the draft ) but 2 DTs and 2 OGs  are a must, also Im not as sold as most on Devondre right now,  he makes some great plays, but seems to be out of position a lot, i think he's ready physically , but needs to watch a lot of film , maybe bring in a mentor for a year or two. 

5 hours ago, AndySG said:

I would love a new RG but the offense is still scoring 35 points a game with Chester there. He's not holding the team back. Sort the defense first and if we can find an upgrade at RG then perfect. 

This. Chester hasn't hindered this offense to the point where RG is our biggest need. He can be upgraded but the defense should be the main priority.

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Spot on. And anyone who truly watches this team should know that.