What's with the doom and gloom articles

stlouisfalcon

I'm reading all these articles about how the Saints are gonna find all these different ways of beating us tomorrow. I mean, it's as if this game is being hyped the same as the Katrina game; like God has ordained them as winners. I know we've sucked for the majority of our existence, but I'm getting really sick of this s$&@!

I've come to grips that people just want to see us fail so that they can be right and say I told you so.

The crazy thing is that people bring up the past (Mike Smith era falcons) when talking about this team. Dude that was almost HALF A DECADE AGO. there's barely anyone even left from those old teams aside from Matt and Julio. It's astounding to me.

Saints stink this year, but they're still favored because of Brees and Payton. Add to the fact that over the past few seasons the Saints have scrapped out close victories against us, their thinking we have a better chance at losing tomorrow.

Also considering most commentators have either the Boys or Seahawks representing the NFC in the championship, most are not going to give us much of a chance. Whatever. I trust in Quinn, Shanny and this team. Win or lose, SB or not this year, this team is just going to get better, but for now, lets take care of business Sunday and worry about everything else later.

25 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Saints stink this year, but they're still favored because of Brees and Payton. Add to the fact that over the past few seasons the Saints have scrapped out close victories against us, their thinking we have a better chance at losing tomorrow.

Not even close.......... Pundits have the Falcons favored by 92% to win..........

What's the deal with all the negative right ups?........ All I see is positive for the birds...........

http://nflpickwatch.com/

46 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Also considering most commentators have either the Boys or Seahawks representing the NFC in the championship, most are not going to give us much of a chance. Whatever. I trust in Quinn, Shanny and this team. Win or lose, SB or not this year, this team is just going to get better, but for now, lets take care of business Sunday and worry about everything else later.

We're 8 point favorites. 

This game shouldn't be close. Unless Jordan, Fairley, and Rankins find a second level of play they haven't shown before, that secondary will be picked apart repeatedly. They are down to Moore, Webb, and Harris at CB and Byrd, Vaccaro, and Harper at S. It may be ugly. 

7 minutes ago, vel said:

This game shouldn't be close. Unless Jordan, Fairley, and Rankins find a second level of play they haven't shown before, that secondary will be picked apart repeatedly. They are down to Moore, Webb, and Harris at CB and Byrd, Vaccaro, and Harper at S. It may be ugly. 

Vaccaro is out for the season........ Drugs.........:lol:

2 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Bro did not know where you're getting the taints are favored from!? No where, LV, publications are picking the taints. So, sorry, they ain't favored, one dam point! 

Wow, the birds will win and show all the whiners they know siht about picking games. Everyone get you're head out your taint and man up! Birds win!  Feel me?!!!

1 hour ago, GTBF54 said:

Not even close.......... Pundits have the Falcons favored by 92% to win..........

What's the deal with all the negative right ups?........ All I see is positive for the birds...........

Never said they wouldn't win. A little earlier in the week there was some rumblings that the Saints would pull off an upset win kinda like 2015 Falcons vs Panthers, but this was more about(in my opinion)wanting to see 'other' teams make a run. Some, not all, still won't give us our due. Heck most still struggle to give Matt the MVP even though he's the clearest candidate for it by a long shot.

And your right. Even ESPN picked us to win...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

2 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Bro did not know where you're getting the taints are favored from!? No where, LV, publications are picking the taints. So, sorry, they ain't favored, one dam point! 

Wow, the birds will win and show all the whiners they know siht about picking games. Everyone get you're head out your taint and man up! Birds win!  Feel me?!!!

Not worried at all. We're in the playoffs. Like I said, there are some who still won't give us our due no matter what we do. Not scared, because by all accounts we should win. 

14 hours ago, GTBF54 said:

Yeah, I honestly haven't seen much -- short of some Saints blogs or "how the Saints could exploit Falcons weaknesses" micro-stories on football sites.

I don't think many if any are calling for a Saints win.

I don't think ANY of the "Pundits" realize how many of our points against came in garbage time, and our young defenders were still learning on the job. Never actually seen any of our games, just look at stat sheets. This defense seems to be gelling at the right time, just hope they can keep it going!