Who here has actually met a former Falcons player or current player? who was it and were they nice or unpleasant?

TonyMartin80

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TonyMartin80 said:

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever actually met a former falcons player or coaches? Or even some of the current players or coaches? If so what were they like?

I've met Crump, big play Ray, Finn, Dunn, and a few others from being down on the field for home games, and they are all very nice. 

Everyone I've met have been really cool. Jerious Norwood was great. Joplo Bartu was even better, going out of his way to get me an autographed picture from his car. Travian Robertson was chill. Mud Duck was super cool and I interacted with him some on twitter after. Jason Webster is pretty nice. I met Mike Nolan a few months after he signed on to be the coordinator. Seems cool. There is a few others. I worked in Flowery Branch for 4 years. 

Met Bartkowski at a mall opening super nice!

Wallace Francis in Steak and Ale at old national highway super as well.

Jeff Van Note very nice!

Houston Hoover at a restaurant I used to be part owner. Very nice man.

Played golf with Marcus Pollard a few times in LaGrange Ga great guy as well.

I met big play ray, maybe 2 years after he retired. He was broke and fidgety. Not sure what had become of him. He brought his Jeep Cherokee to my brother's detail shop and barely could afford to get a 20$ exterior wash. He seemed to be coming down off of something. Sad situation he was one of my favorites

Met several including John Gilliam, Van Note, Abe, Nobis, Rod Coleman and more. All were extremely cordial. Played a round of golf with Brian Jordan. Favorite encounter was Chris Hinton. Talked Falcon football with him at a Christmas party for two or three hours after their last practice before traveling to NO to beat the Aints in the the 1991 Wildcard round. Special.

I met Tommy Nobis, Ed Donatell, Alge Crumpler and Keith Brooking at one of Keiths charity events.

Keith was a really down to earth guy.

Ended up playing a little basketball with Alge and he was **** talking my buddies kid after the kid started it. It was pretty funny.

I ate supper with Mr.Nobis. Just like the other guys he was extremely down to earth and friendly. Huge hands though and strong as ****. I thought I was gonna pull back a nub when I shook his hand.

My friend ended up getting in a slight argument with John Rocker that night too. It was an interesting night.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I met Tommy Nobis, Ed Donatell, Alge Crumpler and Keith Brooking at one of Keiths charity events.

Keith was a really down to earth guy.

Ended up playing a little basketball with Alge and he was **** talking my buddies kid after the kid started it. It was pretty funny.

I ate supper with Mr.Nobis. Just like the other guys he was extremely down to earth and friendly. Huge hands though and strong as ****. I thought I was gonna pull back a nub when I shook his hand.

My friend ended up getting in a slight argument with John Rocker that night too. It was an interesting night.

When I shook Nobis' hand it felt like it had been dragged over the pavement for 50 miles. He shook my hand so hard I heard bones crack, snatched it back and said "dam bro that hurt". True story.

Wallace Francis, when he retired from football he went into the ministry, a former pastor at our church got to meet him and brought him along for a visit. I have his autograph in the front of my Bible, super nice guy! and was one of the best over the middle receivers the game had seen

I've met the following Players/coaches over the years ( this doesn't include the Falcons who've signed thing for me in training camp. These are guys I actually got a chance to talk to.)

Jeff Van Note

Dan Reeves

Alge Crumpler

Todd Weiner

Patrick Kerney

Brian Finerran

Vic Beasley Jr.

ALL of them were incredibly nice and easy to talk to. But the absolute nicest of them were Patrick Kerney and Vic Beasley Jr.