2016 NFL MVP Projection: Matt Ryan takes lead from Tom Brady....

GTBF54

Go Matty Ice.............

Falcons, Pats QBs collect all the first-place votes from our CBS Sports writers' ballots

2016 MVP vote heading into Week 17

Matt Ryan has taken over first place.

1. Matt Ryan -- 22
  2. Tom Brady -- 20
  3. Ezekiel Elliott -- 13
  4. Aaron Rodgers -- 11
  5. Le'Veon Bell -- 9

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2016-nfl-mvp-projection-matt-ryan-takes-lead-from-tom-brady/

i think this team is motivated to end this domefield advantage with a big statement win.I have seen the freeways polluted with stain decal covered vehicles all weekend.I can't wait for Matt to send them back to the swamp dejected and hopeless.I also want the bit of fear to creep into the minds of the folks we may play onto the way to the big show.Brady and Dak beware.Matt is primed and he will be MVP before you face him.

Just now, GTBF54 said:

He needs to win big because the bias writers will look for excuses to vote pretty boy Brady..........

RocknRoll Falcons.............

I agree, GTB.

But I will say this...the kind of season Brady's having at age 39 is pretty ******* amazing when you stop and think about it. 

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I agree, GTB.

But I will say this...the kind of season Brady's having at age 39 is pretty ******* amazing when you stop and think about it. 

No kidding......... Him and Brees are still playing great ball for their age...........

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

I think some of us Falcon fans who infiltrated  threads of the pundit voters on their websites after they wrote biased analysis made a difference. 

This and the football outsiders article made its rounds. Seem like the day after that link was shared and passed around and Falcons fans everywhere plastered the link on ever comment form suddenly Ryan became the front runner. 

46 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

This and the football outsiders article made its rounds. Seem like the day after that link was shared and passed around and Falcons fans everywhere plastered the link on ever comment form suddenly Ryan became the front runner. 

I heard Bill Simmons on his podcast mention specifically that Barnwell's article from a few days ago convinced him that Matt is the clear cut MVP and he doesn't understand why it's even a question.

Sad we haven't seen our own beat writers D. Lo or McClure making the pitch.  Kind of makes it understandable why he's flying under the radar so much when he doesn't even have a hometown spokesperson making what is even a very easy case to present on his behalf.  

6 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

I heard Bill Simmons on his podcast mention specifically that Barnwell's article from a few days ago convinced him that Matt is the clear cut MVP and he doesn't understand why it's even a question.

Sad we haven't seen our own beat writers D. Lo or McClure making the pitch.  Kind of makes it understandable why he's flying under the radar so much when he doesn't even have a hometown spokesperson making what is even a very easy case to present on his behalf.  

I wonder what Blanks thoughts are on the two are and if he is aware of how they treat our team.

5 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

If Ice is already leading, then 3 TD's, 25 of 30, 350 yards, no INT's vs the Stains ought to wrap up the MVP with a big red bow.

It should, think that, ultimately, Brady missing 4 games will hurt him. Wouldn't mind if the packers lost too.

And, if 350, why not another 37 and get to 5000?

I'm not really into the whole stat padding thing that most athletes like to do (Looking at YOU, Mr Brees), but with that being said, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they kept Matt in the game long enough to pad a little bit. AS LONG as he doesn't get hurt, that is. If he takes one big hit, take his azz out like a ninja.

5 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

I'm not really into the whole stat padding thing that most athletes like to do (Looking at YOU, Mr Brees), but with that being said, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they kept Matt in the game long enough to pad a little bit. AS LONG as he doesn't get hurt, that is. If he takes one big hit, take his azz out like a ninja.

I like the idea of Matt ending with an exclamation point, especially against the Saints, but my money is on Quinn yanking every starter he can as soon as the game is in hand...Stats be ****ed.

6 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

I like the idea of Matt ending with an exclamation point, especially against the Saints, but my money is on Quinn yanking every starter he can as soon as the game is in hand...Stats be ****ed.

The only problem is we rarely have a 'game in hand' with the Saints. Brees can bring them back in a nano second. Starters play the whole game. If I'm not mistaken the last game with them was basically 'in hand', but the starters weren't pulled.