UK Fans

Falconsfan567

In fairness Atlanta has been heavily featured by SKY sports this year in Britain (which is a pain because it blacks out the game on NFL network) and, I believe, (unless you have family or connections to a city/state) that that will be a huge factor in the team you choose to follow. I got in  in no. 7 rookie season after a MNF and a couple of Sunday features.

This year we've had 8 of our games featured on TV here including the 2 primetime games. Therefore fairly impressive that we managed to get featured 6 times on Sunday's when there's usually the choice of 10+ games on the day. Also it could be worse if your fans of a team like the Browns as they haven't been shown outside of their Thursday night appearance.

Says a lot that we're picking up fans when the only free to air games being shown in the UK are the International Series games although Hard Knocks a couple of years ago may have attracted a few fans. I play in the UK leagues and on the team I play for there are at least 4 of us on defense who all follow the Dirty Birds. 

53 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I don't do Twitter, but I encourage those of you that do to send some welcoming Tweets to this new member of our family.  It would be really something to develop a large Falcon following across the pond.    

Trust me, The Falcons official twitter page retweeted him and his account has been getting blown up with welcome messages (myself included).

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I really thought it was cool that this guy decided to become an NFL fan and picked the Falcons to be his team.

He doesn't know our history haha 

for real though, we have the most exciting and explosive offense. Cool colors, awesome mascot. 2 seed so not the "best team" bandwagon but good enough.

I suppose we are a good pick to jump on at this point in the season.

UK based fan - been lurking on on this board for years - rarely post.

Been a fan since the Glanville years - That red gun offense, Jerry and the black duds were a real hook. Remember Case and Tuggle owning the middle of the field on D.

GREAT to see Keanu and Debo finally giving us that intimidation factor again. With Beastly off the edge and Quinns aggressive attitude to D to go with an AWESOME O - not surprised were picking up fans over here again.

Helps that Osi is co-presenting the BBC coverage and gives props to the ATL (when not touting the Gmen).

PERSONAL HIGHLIGHT - Seeing the Dirtybirds play 1/2 a game live at Wembley - lowlight watching them NOT play the 2nd half. Still cant believe they got a 2nd chance at that FG...

I am a huge fan of the Falcons and I'm from Birmingham in the UK. Started supporting them from the beginning of the 2012 season (for no reason other than they seemed talented, had a good QB and I liked their uniform colours and logo).

Here though a lot of the people I speak to (who follow it a little bit) are only really aware of the major teams (Pats, Steelers, Cowboys, Seahawks etc).

1 hour ago, AZ94 said:

I am a huge fan of the Falcons and I'm from Birmingham in the UK. Started supporting them from the beginning of the 2012 season (for no reason other than they seemed talented, had a good QB and I liked their uniform colours and logo).

Here though a lot of the people I speak to (who follow it a little bit) are only really aware of the major teams (Pats, Steelers, Cowboys, Seahawks etc).

I'm sure the sports coverage only talks about the big market teams.  It's the same here in the U.S.  The networks are beside themselves that the Cowboys are relevant again.