Superstitions?

BleedBlack&Red

Lets have some fun before the game!

Monoxide makes a post praising the Falcon fanbase (at least AFMB) Then, someone makes a reference to Matty looking like a Jedi with his black glove and he should keep it on. For whatever reason my mind wondered to superstitions.  For me this has been the first year that I have not purchased Madden since 2013 and look what we're doing. Also this year my GameDay drink of choice has gone from Captain Morgan Private Stock to Islay 10 year old. With that being said what ritualistic things have you began or stopped this season?

Also don't judge me on drinking rum or scotch on Sundays 13/14 and even 15 were rough years for me as a Falcon fan lol and like our boy Cox says everyone needs a vice.

This year:

Don't wear Falcon gear on game day.  This includes regular clothes that are Falcons colors.

Did that first game, (wore Falcon gear with logos) , and took some with me on a trip to GA the week of the Chargers game anticipating wearing it back on the way home through the ATL airport.

Other than that I haven't wore any on game day and the results speak for themselves.

You're welcome

At my wedding two years ago, a buddy who is a huge Panthers fan gave me a Falcons sticker he got from a vending machine & we laughed at the fact that out of 32 teams he ended up w/ my team (his team's rival). I placed the sticker in the inside pocket of my suit coat & forgot about it.

Fast forward to just before the regular season started this year... I was going to a co-worker's wedding & decided to bust out that suit for the first time since my wife & I got married two years earlier. In the middle of the ceremony, I went to reach for something I thought was in the inside pocket & I ended up discovering the Falcons sticker which I had completely forgotten about. I got home and placed it on the table next to our bed, not knowing where I should put it. I kept seeing it there on the table every game day as I was getting ready & we started winning a lot, so I have refused to move it all season.

I also do not wear Falcons gear on game days... but I DO always seem to have on a red & black flannel when they play.

I also had a friend recently send me a message asking if I wanted this old school Falcons cup he found in his parents garage. I'm guessing it's from the late 70's or early 80's because it's got the old logo on one side & the old red helmet on the other side. It's in immaculate shape for a 30+ year old plastic cup though. Since that cup arrived to my home, the Falcons are 3-0.

1 hour ago, k-train said:

At my wedding two years ago, a buddy who is a huge Panthers fan gave me a Falcons sticker he got from a vending machine & we laughed at the fact that out of 32 teams he ended up w/ my team (his team's rival). I placed the sticker in the inside pocket of my suit coat & forgot about it.

Fast forward to just before the regular season started this year... I was going to a co-worker's wedding & decided to bust out that suit for the first time since my wife & I got married two years earlier. In the middle of the ceremony, I went to reach for something I thought was in the inside pocket & I ended up discovering the Falcons sticker which I had completely forgotten about. I got home and placed it on the table next to our bed, not knowing where I should put it. I kept seeing it there on the table every game day as I was getting ready & we started winning a lot, so I have refused to move it all season.

You do realize you must now keep that table with you for the rest of your life, right?

31 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You do realize you must now keep that table with you for the rest of your life, right?

We just did a ridiculously deep clean of our house last week before family arrived for a few days & I told my wife she was forbidden from cleaning near that table. Thankfully, she's very accustomed to my various superstitious actions during the season over the 16 years we've been together, and left it alone.

I was super freaked out that her family is staying with us, because there was seriously a streak of like 8 or more games where any time someone from her family was here or we were at their place, the Falcons lost. Thankfully, that streak broke... but then today I was talking about the game & my sister-in-law started telling me about how Kyle Turley was at her company's Xmas party & is working with them, and gave them an autographed Saints jersey, etc. I told her not to even speak of such evil in my house.

2012 - Going to the Falcons/Saints  game - some guy was selling Drew Brees bobble heads.   There was one there that someone had knocked off the counter and it had this really great crack going right up the head.   He had it marked down.    

I decided I'd buy it - and then smash it in front of some Saints fans - silly, I know.

So - I kind of test smacked it on the ground - and a nice chunk came off his throwing hand and the football was dangling - looked cool so I put it in my bag and went in to the game.

5 interceptions and touchdown streak broken that game.    

I decided not to smash it in front of the Saints fans - but to keep it and smack it around before our games.   That was the last game of the series that year - so I put it in a drawer at home.   Honestly - I forgot about it.    Didn't even see it during 2013 - but before the season in 2014, I ran across it and I thought - hmmm, I wonder if this thing has any ju-ju left.

So I took it with me to the first game in 2014 and smacked it on the ground before the game - and his head wound kind of got bigger.  To be honest it grossed me out - and I felt a little queasy in my gut - but I stuck it in the bag and went into the game.    I must admit - I felt kind of horrible for even doing it - and silly for thinking it would have any impact.

We won.

Brees went home with me again.   He went to New Orleans with me.   He hit the ground before the game.   There was a big hole in his head.  I was appalled and disgusted that I stuck him in the bag and went in.

We won.

I told my husband that it had to stop - I was really ashamed - and that's the truth - so I put it back in the drawer and said I wouldn't touch it any more - but I wouldn't throw it away because I didn't want to jinx us.

I didn't touch it last year before the first game on Thursday night - and I was proud of myself for not touching it.    

We lost.

I considered it before the home game against them last year and decided for my own humanity - to leave it in the drawer.

We lost.

This year - I was ticked off at the NFL scheduling Gods.    They did everything to set us up to lose.   Play a Divison rival on the home opener - one that's always pretty physical - followed by a trip to the west coast and then a Monday night game that was fixed for them to win in every way possible.

I couldn't help it.  I snuck it out of the drawer.   Actually snuck it. out without telling anyone.    I told myself I wouldn't use it.   I had to take the high road.   Then the slobbering started by the media.   The crap started.   They were really trying us.

Ok, I did it.  I dropped it on the ground - kind of accidentally on purpose.  His leg is cracked now.   It's really kind of sickening and yet I had a feeling we were going to win.

We won.

OK - I've told myself - I will NOT drop this thing before our game on Sunday.

It's the 2 seed, people.   I have to be strong.    

We are driving to Atlanta on Saturday - and then to the game on Sunday.

I did pack it - but only because I want to show how strong I can be before the game.   I would never and do not ever wish injury on any player in the NFL regardless of the team or rivalry.    I would never try to jinx them to injury either.  This is the truth.

It's the 2 seed people.   I have to be strong.

But geez - it's the 2 seed people. :ninja:

It seems like when I watch the Falcons play live, for example like on TV or the Internet they lose. I also can't check the score while they play. So literally I can't acknowledge the Falcons the entire time they're playing. Also I can't say good things about them the week before a game or they loose. 

So with that being said, the Falcons suck ! 

2 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

It seems like when I watch the Falcons play live, for example like on TV or the Internet they lose. I also can't check the score while they play. So literally I can't acknowledge the Falcons the entire time they're playing. Also I can't say good things about them the week before a game or they loose. 

So with that being said, the Falcons suck ! 

I'm a big Pittsburgh Penguins fan in addition to a Falcons fan. I have a good friend who is a Carolina Hurricanes & Panthers fan and season ticket holder. He is forever trying to get me to go to both Falcons/Panthers and Penguins/Canes games with him, because we both noticed it seemed like every time I went, my teams lost & his won. It hurts turning down free tix to games, but I cannot be the reason for a loss anymore.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This year:

Don't wear Falcon gear on game day.  This includes regular clothes that are Falcons colors.

Did that first game, (wore Falcon gear with logos) , and took some with me on a trip to GA the week of the Chargers game anticipating wearing it back on the way home through the ATL airport.

Other than that I haven't wore any on game day and the results speak for themselves.

You're welcome

Dumb

32 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I did pack it - but only because I want to show how strong I can be before the game.   I would never and do not ever wish injury on any player in the NFL regardless of the team or rivalry.    I would never try to jinx them to injury either.  This is the truth.

It's the 2 seed people.   I have to be strong.

But geez - it's the 2 seed people. :ninja:

look Tandy, you don't have to smack it. but somebody in your family needs to give Drew the business. it's the 2 seed!!!