Jabrill Peppers. The Free Safety Atlanta will target in the 2017 draft...

Spts1

Quinn likes versatile, fast players. I hit on the Keanu Neal pick at strong safety this season. I'm thinking that Quinn will want to have the best back end in football by moving up in the draft to get Jabrill Peppers.  Tampa Bay is gonna try and snag him to replace Conti, but Atlanta can make a move from around  27 or 28 to get this guy. Most folks think Atlanta will go back to the defensive line. I don't think so. With Beasley's emergence, and Clayborn coming back, i see the focus being on the back end of that defense.  Not necessarily because of dire need, but more so of the flexibility that Peppers would give Quinn's defense.

The MAIN thing that Quinn can do with Peppers back there is he can gamble more with Peppers back there. He can bring him down into the box and confuse the quarterback as to who the box safety will be on any given play. He can play cover 1 at any point of the game and blitz more. Cover 1 allows the Falcons to go full beast mode in passing situations. With Neal AND Peppers back there, Atlanta's defense instantly becomes a top 5 monster...

Edited by slickgadawg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people think we will go back to the D line because we will.  We need another 1 - 2 DTS.

Who will replace Babs?

Who will replace Jackson?

Will Hageman be on the roster?

Battles are won in lost in the trenches...  You talk about Clayborn and Beasley,  but we don't need DE help, we need DTs.  Jarrett is awesome, the rest are warm bodies.

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I doubt we will be trading up TOP 10 for that man unfortunately. I could see the panthers going after him with that dumpster fire they have going on 

Peppers isn't slated to go top 10...Check out the lastest mocks. Because of team needs, and the fact that Peppers didn't play exclusively at one position, a lot of general managers are questioning him. That makes him ripe to be picked off in the mid to late first round by the Falcons...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Peppers isn't slated to go top 10...Check out the lastest mocks. Because of team needs, and the fact that Peppers didn't play exclusively at one position, a lot of general managers are questioning him. That makes him ripe to be picked off in the mid to late first round by the Falcons...

Good deal, I won't lie I haven't even thought to look at a mock so I appreciate the info. Just going off what was being tossed around a Month or two ago. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Carasik said:

I like Peppers... but He's not a FS in this Falcons Scheme. He'd be ideal as a WLB or SS. Which with Neal, it's tough to have him at SS...

And therein is WHY Atlanta will look at him. The dude doesn't play one position. Michigan used him at linebacker and safety. He has the speed, obviously, to play free safety. The beauty is his instincts for the ball. With Quinn and Raheem Morris, they can turn him into a top tier free safety...

21 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

And therein is WHY Atlanta will look at him. The dude doesn't play one position. Michigan used him at linebacker and safety. He has the speed, obviously, to play free safety. The beauty is his instincts for the ball. With Quinn and Raheem Morris, they can turn him into a top tier free safety...

Sounds like you want them to turn him into a top tier WR.

50 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

As much as I like Peppers, he's not a free safety and his ball instincts aren't that good to where you have him there. He's not an ideal FS prospect by any means. He's Deone Bucannan not Earl Thomas.

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We're going DT in the 1st unless there are none worthy at our pick. FS is the least of worries for us. We need that line crushing. We need 2 DT's and a DE. 1st 3 picks. 

We need an upgrade over Allen at FS. I like the way Hageman's been playing...we need another DT but not 2 in the first 3 rounds.