Which Three Falcons Will Be Featured On America's Game?

As you know right before the season opener every year, the new segment of America's Game premieres on NFL Network, recounting the story of the new defending Super Bowl champion.  The format is pretty simple, and oddly elegant.  There are usually three principles: a coach, a team leader (usually straight arrow), and then third is usually a wild card there to add some flavor or personality to the piece like Lawrence Taylor, or Michael Irvin, or Shannon Sharpe.

I was thinking of which three Falcon principles they're gonna feature for ours.  I got Matt Ryan for sure, Dan Quinn (you gotta hear from the coach), and the third one is a tough one... the obvious answer is Julio, but that third principle is usually someone loquacious, someone who can tell a good story, or throw in a laugh or two.

For example, Seattle's three were Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson, and Richard Sherman.  2006 Colts had Dungy, Manning, Jeff Saturday (who was surprisingly entertaining).  2014 Patriots: Gronk, Edelman, MCourty (kinda whack lineup).  But then there are different combinations and it doesn't have to be all players.  It can be an owner, one of Dallas's episodes had a guy from the PR department.

Lately it's been all players and a coach, but I'd love for the third principle to be a curveball.  I'd love to hear Arthur Blank break down the journey with all that he's been through owning the team, or maybe even Dimitroff.  But realistically, I'd settle for Babs.  He's got meritorious service with the organization and I'm sure he's got some stories.  Or maybe even Alex Mack.

And the narrator would obviously have to be Samuel L.Jackson.

What say you?

I got Quinn, Ryan, Blank as my dream lineup.  But I realistically see Quinn, Ryan, Babinueax?  ... Mack or Jones... with an outside shot at Free.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

I have to say it would be Quinn... Ryan... And Freeman...

Freemans back story to the NFL and even his story IN the NFL is just absolutely amazing and humbling when you read and watch everything that's been told about it...

He's in my top five all time people (dead or alive) I'd want to have dinner and a conversation with...

20 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

As you know right before the season opener every year, the new segment of America's Game premieres on NFL Network, recounting the story of the new defending Super Bowl champion.  The format is pretty simple, and oddly elegant.  There are usually three principles: a coach, a team leader (usually straight arrow), and then third is usually a wild card there to add some flavor or personality to the piece like Lawrence Taylor, or Michael Irvin, or Shannon Sharpe.

I was thinking of which three Falcon principles they're gonna feature for ours.  I got Matt Ryan for sure, Dan Quinn (you gotta hear from the coach), and the third one is a tough one... the obvious answer is Julio, but that third principle is usually someone loquacious, someone who can tell a good story, or throw in a laugh or two.

For example, Seattle's three were Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson, and Richard Sherman.  2006 Colts had Dungy, Manning, Jeff Saturday (who was surprisingly entertaining).  2014 Patriots: Gronk, Edelman, MCourty (kinda whack lineup).  But then there are different combinations and it doesn't have to be all players.  It can be an owner, one of Dallas's episodes had a guy from the PR department.

Lately it's been all players and a coach, but I'd love for the third principle to be a curveball.  I'd love to hear Arthur Blank break down the journey with all that he's been through owning the team, or maybe even Dimitroff.  But realistically, I'd settle for Babs.  He's got meritorious service with the organization and I'm sure he's got some stories.  Or maybe even Alex Mack.

And the narrator would obviously have to be Samuel L.Jackson.

What say you?

I got Quinn, Ryan, Blank as my dream lineup.  But I realistically see Quinn, Ryan, Babinueax?  ... Mack or Jones... with an outside shot at Free.

I see Quinn, Ryan, and Babs/Freeney/Weems. I think that 3rd one will be an elder statesman on the team that can talk. I also think Quinn will tear up. 

15 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

I have to say it would be Quinn... Ryan... And Freeman...

Freemans back story to the NFL and even his story IN the NFL is just absolutely amazing and humbling when you read and watch everything that's been told about it...

He's in my top five all time people (dead or alive) I'd want to have dinner and a conversation with...

Hmm, I didn't know that about Free.  Interesting.  Looks I'm gonna have to go do some reading, but it doesn't surprise me he's a high character guy.  His whole vibe is just A+ to me.

14 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

What about Cox?

If you're looking for a talker he'd be the first one on my list.

Yeah, I forgot about Cox.  Cox is good television, but I think he's gonna be the star of the coaches' show.

They started about two years ago with the Patriots and then last year with the Broncos coaching staff (that was really excellent) a completely separate episode that went behind the scenes with all the assistant coaches and recounted their journeys.  

I especially like Denver's because all of the assistants had some connection going back with Kubiak -- Phillips, Knapp, the guy that was the o-line coach... then it culminated with them all holding up their Super Bowl rings to the camera, which was the first for each of them (except Kubiak) if I remember correctly.  Cox would tear something like that up.

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I see Quinn, Ryan, and Babs/Freeney/Weems. I think that 3rd one will be an elder statesman on the team that can talk. I also think Quinn will tear up. 

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking.  An old head that's got some time in with the organization.  They usually like to start off the episode recounting the lowest point of the organization to kinda build up that "hero's journey".

man this would be the perfect year for Roddy to be on the team. but out of the players on the team, even though it's his first year on the team I would love to hear Mack's perspective on having his first taste of success in the league after never experiencing so much as a winning season. but my heart goes with Free.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Hmm, I didn't know that about Free.  Interesting.  Looks I'm gonna have to go do some reading, but it doesn't surprise me he's a high character guy.  His whole vibe is just A+ to me. 

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/15/nfl-devonta-freeman-atlanta-falcons

Good
starting point... There are also some articles on ESPN and videos from e:60 and 30 on 30... It's pretty intense when you put all the stories together... A lot of overlap but the cursory comments of each put a full picture together...

3 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

man this would be the perfect year for Roddy to be on the team. but out of the players on the team, even though it's his first year on the team I would love to hear Mack's perspective on having his first taste of success in the league after never experiencing so much as a winning season. but my heart goes with Free.

If I were doing the choosing for a national segment, it would be hard not to have Mack be my wild card. The stories he could tell of the wretched Browns, his feelings on finally being in the play-offs, and then winning a Super Bowl and getting a SB ring the same year. A real Outhouse to Penthouse kinda theme.

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

If I were doing the choosing for a national segment, it would be hard not to have Mack be my wild card. The stories he could tell of the wretched Browns, his feelings on finally being in the play-offs, and then winning a Super Bowl and getting a SB ring the same year. A real Outhouse to Penthouse kinda theme.

TheFatboi  said he thinks Quinn would get teary eyed, I think Mack would get very emotional too. A Super Bowl ring gets him in the Hall of Fame too.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

While this is putting the cart before the horse it's gotta be Babs.

Hes the only one left that can talk about what a disaster the 2007 season was... and how drafting Ryan changed everything... cue up first pass clip 

I was thinking the same thing since he went through the good and bad of the Mike Smith era and now is in the DQ era

4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I nominate Babs. He's the longest tenured Falcon on the team--he's lived through the Vick scandal, the Bobby Petrino scandal, and the successes and failures of the Mike Smith era. He deserves air time.

Edited by JerseyNo12