The case for Matt Ryan MVP over Tom Brady......please distribute this info to the voters

gazoo

Ok, we just saw the ESPN preliminary MVP vote that had Brady in first place and Matt Ryan in second place for MVP.

When you looked at their argument for Brady over Ryan, they said it was because Brady won as many games as Ryan despite playing 4 less games. I was incredulous when I read that. We need this truth to get out to those MVP voters, if you have their emails please forward to them.

The case against Ryan over Brady is that Brady has as many wins as Ryan despite playing 4 less games????

Bradys defense is #1 in the NFL in points allowed with a measley 15.7 points per game and #8 in yards.

Ryan's defense is #25 in the NFL giving up 24.9 points per game and #23 in yards.

Do the voting pundits have any clue that if Ryan had Bradys defense Ryan would be 15-0 right now? 

Not only that, Ryan has played  the NFLs hardest schedule. Ryan has faced much better defenses overall than Brady, yet:

Ryan's offense is putting up 33.4 points per game

Brady's offense is putting up only 27.1 points per game.

Brady missing 4 games due to CHEATING.   He is 21st in passing yards and 11th in TD passes, which makes it ridiculous that he is even in the conversation.

Ryan leads the #1 offense in the entire NFL, by a VERY significant margin (4.4 ppg).  A 4.4 ppg dropoff from number 2 goes all the way down to #14 in the NFL.  

Brady's defense has given up 15 TD's total all season, rushing and passing combined. Falcons defense has given up 42 TD's.  

Ryan broke the record for most TD passes to individual players with 13.

Ryan broke the record for most consecutive 200 yard games and adds to it every week.

Ryan has the most completions in NFL history through 9 seasons.

Ryan along with Julio Jones became the first duo ever to put of 500 passing yards and 300 receiving yards.

Ryan is averaging 9.26 yards per pass, poised to be near the top in the history of the NFL.

My God I'm so tired of Brady being credited with his far superior defenses and supporting casts  and Ryan being penalized by his far inferior defenses and supporting casts over the years. 

That's right, in all of our losses this season opposing teams have scored anywhere from 24 points to 32 points

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN's NFL MVP Poll Results
NAME POSITION TEAM FIRST SECOND THIRD FOURTH FIFTH TOTAL
Tom Brady QB Patriots 6 6 0 0 0 54
Matt Ryan QB Falcons 3 4 3 0 1 41
Aaron Rodgers QB Packers 2 1 4 3 1 33
Ezekiel Elliott RB Cowboys 2 1 3 3 2 31
Derek Carr QB Raiders 0 0 2 3 1 13
Le'Veon Bell RB Steelers 0 1 0 2 2 10
David Johnson RB Cardinals 0 0 1 1 1 6
Dak Prescott QB Cowboys 0 0 0 1 4 6
Justin Tucker K

Ravens

Here are the votes so far

I didn't realize it was just some small group of unknown ESPN panelists that decide the league MVP. Not to mention, that was just a poll, which is just a measure of current popular opinion, which in this case, is insufficient to say that it's actually representative of what most analysts/fans think. I've seen Patriots fans say that Ryan deserves MVP.

Edited by JerseyNo12

Matt Ryan has had the best year - there is no question - unfortunately media narratives are what they are and Falcons never get a fair shake in the media.   Maybe justice will be served here but I doubt it.

Falcons need to break out of the media blackout and probably the only way it can be done is with a SuperBowl win - that is what it took for Seattle.

18 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Ok, we just saw the ESPN preliminary MVP vote that had Brady in first place and Matt Ryan in second place for MVP.

When you looked at their argument for Brady over Ryan, they said it was because Brady won as many games as Ryan despite playing 4 less games. I was incredulous when I read that. We need this truth to get out to those MVP voters, if you have their emails please forward to them.

The case against Ryan over Brady is that Brady has as many wins as Ryan despite playing 4 less games????

Bradys defense is #1 in the NFL in points allowed with a measley 15.7 points per game.  

Ryan's defense is #25 in the NFL giving up 24.9 points per game.

Do the voting pundits have any clue that if Ryan had Bradys defense Ryan would be 15-0 right now? 

Not only that, Ryan has played  the NFLs hardest schedule. Ryan has faced much better defenses overall than Brady, yet:

Ryan's offense is putting up 33.4 points per game

Brady's offense is putting up only 27.1 points per game.

My God I'm so tired of Brady being credited with his far superior defenses and supporting casts  and Ryan being penalized by his far inferior defenses and supporting casts over the years. 

That's right, in all of our losses this season opposing teams have scored anywhere from 24 points to 32 points

Gazoo I love a lot of your posts, but I'll say this again, and I speak for everyone I believe. 

Vince-Lombardi-Trophy.jpg

It is all that matters! 

2 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Gazoo I love a lot of your posts, but I'll say this again, and I speak for everyone I believe. 

Vince-Lombardi-Trophy.jpg

It is all that matters! 

Exactly. I rather be making gifs of Ryan doing this...

Image result for brady rings gif

Edited by slickgadawg

Actually thought I just saw Total Defense according to ESPN stats we were 23rd we're basically moving up the ladder have been for the last 6 weeks. 

Regardless people remember SuperBowl winners. 2-4 years from now I won't remember Cam Newton winning MVP it will always be how he lost the SuperBowl. This ain't to knock Cam's accomplishments, but come on people talk about Montana, Elway, etc. Because SuperBowls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. 

32 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Points allowed isnt a good measure of defensive performance. 

Brady's defense has been below average all season as well. 

A little early for happy hour isn't it Larry? 

Not only is the Pats defense #1 in NFL in points allowed, The Pats defense is also #8 in yards per game and given up only 15 TDs 

The Falcons defense is #25 in points allowed and #23 in yards per game and given up 42 TDs.

My point is to conclude Brady deserves MVP over Ryan due to total number of wins is nonsense. Brady defense is much better than Ryan's over the course of the 15 games played to date.  

You call that spinning, but the facts back my argument up.