Compiling a list of 2016 NFL MVP Voters

Five_Fifs

Every year the AP selects 50 members of the media who will vote on the NFL MVP...

It seems the list changes each year.  I can't find a singular source that list the 50 for 2016. The best I can find is from 2014... it includes folks ranging from Troy Aikman and Tony Dungy to Pete Prisco and a guy from the Milwaukee Sentinnel.

being that I can't find a list from this year, I'm trying to see if we can figure out the voters this year (if they've changed). And then, take an extra step and try to figure out their respective ballots.

Prisco is a voter again this year, and as another poster pointed out already, has called Marty Ice "the likely MVP".

conversely, we may be able to assume that Aikman would pick one of the Cowboy rookies, etc.

heres the old list that I was able to find.

Troy Aikman, Fox: @TroyAikman

Hub Arkush, Westwood One: @Hub_Arkush

Howard Balzer, KSDK-St. Louis: @HBalzer721

Don Banks, Sports Illustrated@DonBanks

Jarrett Bell, USA Today: @JarrettBell

Chris Berman, ESPN

Ron Borges, Boston Herald@RonBorges

Vic Carucci, Buffalo News@viccarucci

John Clayton, ESPN: @ClaytonESPN

Steve Cohen, Sirius XM

Cris Collinsworth, NBC: @CollinsworthNBC

Jim Corbett, USA Today: @ByJimCorbett

Bob Costas, NBC

Mark Craig, Minneapolis Star Tribune: @markcraignfl

Tom Curran, Comcast Sports Net: @tomecurran

John Czarnecki, Fox Sports

Paul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News@pdomo

Tony Dungy, NBC: @TonyDungy

Herman Edwards, ESPN: @HermEdwardsESPN

Boomer Esiason, CBS: @7BOOMERESIASON

Rich Gannon, CBS: @RichGannon12

Mike Garafolo, Fox Sports 1: @MikeGarafolo

Fred Gaudelli, NBC: @NBCSNF

Bob Glauber, Newsday: @BobGlauber

Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News:@RickGosselinDMN

Lindsay Jones, USA Today: @bylindsayhjones

Clark Judge, Talk of Fame Network:@ClarkJudgeCBS

Ira Kaufman, Tampa Tribune: @IKaufmanTBO

Peter King, Sports Illustrated/MMQB:@SI_PeterKing

Pat Kirwan, CBS Sports, SiriusXM:@PatKirwanCBS

Jeff Legwold, ESPN: @Jeff_Legwold

James Lofton, Westwood One: @lofton80

John Lynch, Fox

Alex Marvez, Fox Sports: @alexmarvez

John McClain, Houston Chronicle:@McLain_on_NFL

Jim Miller, Sirius XM

Chris Mortensen, ESPN: @mortreport

Gary Myers, New York Daily News:@garymyersNYDN

Nick Pavlatos, Sirius XM: @nflradionick

Tom Pelissero, USA Today: @TomPelissero

Dan Pompei, Bleacher Report: @danpompei

Pete Prisco, CBS: @PriscoCBS

Tim Ryan, Fox: @TimRyan99

Armando Salguero, Miami Herald:@ArmandoSalguero

Adam Schein, Sirius XM: @AdamSchein

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: @TomSilverstein

David Steele, Sporting News@David_C_Steele

Mike Tirico, ESPN: @miketirico

Jenny Vrentas, Sports Illustrated/MMQB: @JennyVrentas

Charean Williams, Fort Worth Star-Telegram:@NFLCharean

ill research the first five and try to verify if they are currently still voters. And then try to track their stories and try to find out if they've given any inclinations of who they'd likely vote for.

Anyone else wanna help out?

2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

So many on that list that have shown complete hatred for the Falcons. It will cause them great pain to cast a vote for Ryan.

True, but when they know in their heart he has been the MVP this season, you have to vote for him. I never in a million year would have believed that Ryan could have put together a season like this, especially after the last 2 seasons. He deserves it.

The MVP voting is just too emotional and subjective. Matt Ryan is better than Brady in essentially every meaningful QB stat. Even if you projected Brady's numbers for a full 16 games, he'd have the same TDs and less yards than Ryan. His INTs would project to a few less, but that's about it. 

But the projection argument is ridiculous. That's giving him credit for games he didn't actually play. Even if Brady's per-game numbers are the same as Ryan's, he's played 25% less games and is therefore 25% less valuable. That's just common sense. 

But the media care more about their narrative than facts. And it's a better story for them if Brady comes back from his suspension on a mission for revenge. They prefer that story to ours, for some reason. 

1 hour ago, GTFalcon25 said:

The MVP voting is just too emotional and subjective. Matt Ryan is better than Brady in essentially every meaningful QB stat. Even if you projected Brady's numbers for a full 16 games, he'd have the same TDs and less yards than Ryan. His INTs would project to a few less, but that's about it. 

But the projection argument is ridiculous. That's giving him credit for games he didn't actually play. Even if Brady's per-game numbers are the same as Ryan's, he's played 25% less games and is therefore 25% less valuable. That's just common sense. 

But the media care more about their narrative than facts. And it's a better story for them if Brady comes back from his suspension on a mission for revenge. They prefer that story to ours, for some reason. 

Brady also had a much easier schedule.  Against common opponents Ryan had better stats.

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Man there is a lot of Brady nuthuggers on that list.  Aikman is a wash because he'll vote for Dak/Elliot to split MVP.  There are a few Ic supporter but I just don't think enough unless we Atlanta start campaigning for him.  

Or unless Matt goes out and has a 400 yard, 4 TD day and Brady has a day of mediocrity.  Unfortunately, I think Brady wins this popularity contest again.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The sad thing is Matty Ice is not a stat ho like Brady or Breesus.  He could've had more of those days you mention but he/team back off from piling on teams. 

Without a doubt.  Think about all of those close TD runs by Free and Coleman this year.  If even half of those were passes, Matt would easily be at 40 TDs.  

I know everyone assumes that people hate Matt Ryan and Falcons while glorifying Tom Brady and the Patriots...but as great as Brady has been for the last 16 years,  he has only one the award twice. Same goes for Aaron Rodgers. Bottom line, these voters are professionals and usually get it right. I think Matt Ryan will win the MVP this year… 

Edited by Falconsin2012

I know everyone assumes that people hate Matt Ryan and Falcons while glorifying Tom Brady and the Patriots...but as great as Brady has been for the last 16 years,  he has only one the word twice. Same goes for Aaron Rodgers. Bottom line, these voters are professionals and usually get it right. I think Matt Ryan will win the MVP this year…