A different take on Allen

ike barn87987

As bad as I wanna upgrade at FS I don't think he is going anywhere no time soon. DQ is always talking highly of Allen. Neal just made a video about if he could buy anybody on the team a gift who would it be (or words to that affect) and he said Allen because he was the one who took him under his wings when he got here.

With that being said I still think we draft a FS. Probably in the 3rd tho. I believe the first 2 picks are DE/DT. Whoever we draft he may or may not start but I think he will eventually replace Allen. Allen knows the system so he could help the rookie along until he leaves. If the rookie doesn't start next year. If nothing else Allen will have competition and DQ seems to put the best players on the field.

He spoke highly of Worrilow but at the end of the day Debo was the upgrade. So I see the same with Rico. Everybody loves him but he will eventually get replaced. Next year or after.

Allen is mistaken on this message board. He's not a superstar, but he's solid. A lot of what looks like his mistakes has been that of some of our younger guys. If you take a guy like Earl Thomas, and ask what's the real difference between him and Allen. The truth would be a little more experience, and a lot more popularity.

2 minutes ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

When the Falcons played the Seahawks and focused on the non call on Julio, I was livid on Earl Thomas punching Devonta in the jaw as he was going out of bounds!

We rewatched that play so many times it was pathetic trying to figure out why there wasn't a 15 yard personal foul penalty thrown. Another reason I WANT them in the playoffs!!

Just now, Drew4719 said:

Yep

1 minute ago, fuego said:

I remember us going over that when it happened. It really just looked like he was punching at the ball to me.

Just google the play. Freeman had the ball in his right and Thomas came an punched him in his left jaw. So he was nowhere near the ball.

14 minutes ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

Just google the play. Freeman had the ball in his right and Thomas came an punched him in his left jaw. So he was nowhere near the ball.

Googled and even found a slo mo. The writer even said:

Obviously, Thomas wasn’t actually trying to punch Freeman in the face. He was going for the ball, and Freeman’s helmet just happened to get in the way. Little-known fact: Punching at the ball is actually an illegal play...

1 minute ago, fuego said:

Googled and even found a slo mo. The writer even said:

Obviously, Thomas wasn’t actually trying to punch Freeman in the face. He was going for the ball, and Freeman’s helmet just happened to get in the way. Little-known fact: Punching at the ball is actually an illegal play...

Probably a Seattle writer and please note the no penalty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2016 at 4:41 PM, Faithful Falcon said:

Allen is mistaken on this message board. He's not a superstar, but he's solid. A lot of what looks like his mistakes has been that of some of our younger guys. If you take a guy like Earl Thomas, and ask what's the real difference between him and Allen. The truth would be a little more experience, and a lot more popularity.

Yup!  Completely agree..  Allen gets a bad wrap because he's Ricardo Allen..  how many times have we consistently been beaten deep middle this year?  I'd be more upset with our LB's and SS with the Middle of the field/drag routes, TE coverage and run defense then Allen..  Like Faithful Falcon said.. he's been solid..

6 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

Yup!  Completely agree..  Allen gets a bad wrap because he's Ricardo Allen..  how many times have we consistently been beaten deep middle this year?  I'd be more upset with our LB's and SS with the Middle of the field/drag routes, TE coverage and run defense then Allen..  Like Faithful Falcon said.. he's been solid..

Not to mention, this is his second year playing safety. He was brought off of the practice squad when Alford got put on IR, and made the transition in Quinn. He may be the smallest guy on the field on defense, but he plays big.

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Not to mention, this is his second year playing safety. He was brought off of the practice squad when Alford got put on IR, and made the transition in Quinn. He may be the smallest guy on the field on defense, but he plays big.

He was the small last year.. He packed on some muscle this off season..  Looked like he gained around 15 lbs..   As long as we're not getting beat deep middle I'm fine with R. Allen.