Next Falcons Breakout Player- Deion Jones

gazoo

It's all there, intelligence, instincts, talent, versatility, speed, ability, strength,  playmakimg ability, vision, agility, tackling ability, technique, play recognition, leadership, communication skills,  awareness and hustle.....it's all there. Watch his runs after picking balls off, he's a ally good runner with the ball in his hands too helping him score defensive TDs.

Hes  the entire package.

I predict Deion Jones is going to bust out into a top NFL MLB over the next year.  I think we'll be talking about him next year like we are talking about Beasley this year. 

I saw the potential in Beasley, in Ryan, and in our offense  this year, now I see same thing in Jones....Super  Star.

Just now, gazoo said:

It's all there, instincts, talent, versatility, speed, ability, strength,  playmakimg ability, vision, agility, tackling ability, technique, play recognition, awareness and hustle.....it's all there.

I predict Deion Jones is going to bust out into a top NFL MLB over the next year.  I think we'll be talking about him next year like we are talking about Beasley this year. 

Between him and Neal this is extreme possibility, but I wouldn't count out Campbell yet either I know he's dropped off, but I think he can be a big comeback story if he gets it back together. 

Just now, gazoo said:

It's all there, instincts, talent, versatility, speed, ability, strength,  playmakimg ability, vision, agility, tackling ability, technique, play recognition, awareness and hustle.....it's all there.

Based PDs/int /tackling, you can add Collins and Poole to that list!

4 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Love the upside to this defense  Gazoo,  I think we have some stars in the making for the coming years,   

We definitely do, very exciting to know the IceMan is going to finally have a stout defense behind him. Brady enjoys stud defenses most years, it was time to get Iceman one! 

2 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

there aren't a lot of teams with the speed to spy guys like Russell Wilson, Cam, Jameis and Rodgers. we got TWO. you saw the closing speed Jones had to contain Cam, and Beastly kept Kaep in check the week before.

That's definitely part of my analysis......he closes so fast it's amazing. But that interception a couple of weeks ago was mind blowing. Few MLBs in the NFL could have made that play.

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

We definitely do, very exciting to know the IceMan is going to finally have a stout defense behind him. Brady enjoys stud defenses most years, it was time to get Iceman one! 

I dont think we're that far away from being a top 10 defensive unit,  I think the biggest needs are MLB  a tackling machine( Debo moving to Sam, and Devondre being a passing down player )   a DT who can penetrate and a bookend pass rushing DE to pair with Beasley,    

This defense has so much young talent it makes me so excited about next year and future years. One FS and one more d-lineman and this defense is set. Beasley, Debo, Campbell, Neal, Tru, Alford, Collins, Poole, Jarrett are already doing solid, but there inexperience has hindered them some. With one year under their belts, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we're a top 10 defense next season. 

35 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Between him and Neal this is extreme possibility, but I wouldn't count out Campbell yet either I know he's dropped off, but I think he can be a big comeback story if he gets it back together. 

Agreed. Seems like Campbell either has a great game or he struggles. His struggles are more because he often gets lost but he clearly has the tools to be a great LB in this league. Falcons D is going to be elite in a couple years.

Edited by falconsfan4life3

Just now, falconsfan4life3 said:

Agreed. Seems like Campbell either has a great game or he struggles. His struggles are more of not know where to go but he has the tools to be a great LB in this league. This D is going to be elite in a couple years.

Couple I say next year lol. Quite honestly I'll say this whatever we add via draft/FA is us being spoiled with a lot of choices going long-term. All we really need to do is start getting more O-line help to develop behind some of our older Vets. 

53 minutes ago, theProf said:

I've been amazed with Jones'  progression this year.  Although I knew he had elite speed, I thought he was too light in the pants to be an effective MLB. Boy was I wrong!

This will be a revelation to the NFL media. We have pro bowl talent that no one even has heard a word about.

10 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Debo hasn't broken out yet?  Could've fooled me.  I thought he broke out pretty good when he introduced himself to Cam Newton in that first game this year!  :sadwave:

That hit made me a lifelong fan of #45. Especially considering that Cam flipped the ball at him in the first.

I told my son then, that's why you don't act like a classless jerk when you're playing football. Karma has a way of asserting itself in this sport.

Debo has gotten better every game. He's a very fast learned and is very confident in his speed/ability. And he's a mean SOB. He plays pissed! I love it. I loved Spoon but he was too much fun and not enough substance. Debo is who I wanted Spoon to be so bad. Him and Neal bring an entirely different attitude to this defense. The old defense always thought they were going to struggle, especially against better offenses. These youngins don't give a f*ck whose cookies they have to take!

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Debo has gotten better every game. He's a very fast learned and is very confident in his speed/ability. And he's a mean SOB. He plays pissed! I love it. I loved Spoon but he was too much fun and not enough substance. Debo is who I wanted Spoon to be so bad. Him and Neal bring an entirely different attitude to this defense. The old defense always thought they were going to struggle, especially against better offenses. These youngins don't give a f*ck whose cookies they have to take!

This

10 minutes ago, vel said:

Very well stated.  The big difference in these guys versus many others that I've seen come and go is this one fact:  They are NOT AFRAID OF FAILING!  They'll get their butts back up, dust themselves off and go right back after it.

15 minutes ago, vel said:

Great point vel! These guys are tenacious and bounce right back from mistakes. They have the hearts of winners which can't be taught.

This is what I loved to hear from Allen, that you've seen in action lately:

"If you look back at the beginning of the season, we had more hiccups than we do now," Allen said. "It's never going to be perfect, and it wasn't perfect today. But what we're doing is, once we get in trouble and once things start to get confusing for us, we hit our way through it. We play really hard and we go hard.

"When we get on the sideline, we're communicating much better. Yeah, sometimes we mess up here and there, but that's going to happen. They play football, too. The other team has first-round draft picks, like everybody else. We just have to keep learning and keep building from that."