Roster Moves

Falconsfan567

There was a thread or a post on here a while back asking why Dan Quinn is always swapping out the bottom of the roster all the time. I tried to find it but no luck but I was just reading Peter King's MMQB and came across this nugget. This answers that question.

Early in my career covering the NFL, I asked Giants coach Bill Parcells why he and GM George Young churned the bottom of the roster so much. Parcells said the guys on the bottom of the roster would either win a game for you at some point of the season or lose a game for you.

Linky

It makes perfect sense really. If a guy sits on the back burner too long, he's bound to become stagnant after a while, and that does you abdlsolutely no good should you need to call on them later in the year due to injury to a player further up the ladder. You need the subs to be hungry & trying to make the absolute most out of their opportunity in order to not have a massive drop off in production.