Who to watch for future Falcons as the bowl season hits full bore

putnam6

I was thinking about positional draft needs last night. Which positions are dire needs? I can't think of any. Obviously some are more important than others as perhaps the team looks to increase starting talent, increase depth and perhaps plans on losing potential F/As in future years and grooming replacements. 

Biggest need on offense is a swing tackle to develop and a starting guard. Perhaps the guard is already on the roster as we don't know what the coaches think of Schweitzer/Garland. 

Defensively...edge rushers. You can never have enough. Obviously wouldnt mind another DT either, as you can't have enough of those either.

Need better linebacker depth to replace the likes of Worrilow etc. Campbell is still unproven but is serviceable. 

We could upgrade from Ricardo Allen, but it's not a pressing need where I would bypass a better player elsewhere and reach. 

I would pick a DT/DE in round 1 and possibly also round 2. 

2 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Haven't followed college football as closely for Falcons prospects this year,who out there would likely be a good fit for them at the 32nd,pick and beyond. OG FS DT LB would seem likely priorities.

I plan on watching Bama and Washington. Sorry, but you Southern Boys can suck it. I went to Cal and I hope Saban gets his Butt kicked, Ghost of Bear Bryant or not. :munch:;)PS: Huskies DT Elijah Qualls will be worth watching! PAC 12!

Edited by BIRDLAND 2.0

2 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I plan on watching Bama and Washington. Sorry, but you Southern Boys can suck it. I went to Cal and I hope Saban gets his Butt kicked, Ghost of Bear Bryant or not. :munch:;)PS: Huskies DT Elijah Qualls will be worth watching!

i'm also going to watch the Alabama vs Washington game

I love getting proven OL in FAs ,, that way we don't take a chance on Matt's well being and production..Look at what the addition of Mack has done for us.. And thankfully our OL IMO is the best it's ever been in the 44 years I've been a fan.  So.... I think we will need to get a DT and a DE in the first two rounds and I'd like for us to pick up One big strong RB to have the perfect 3 ... Freeman all purpose, Coleman straight line speedster.. And I hope we add the Big Strong Back Like Duke Johnson in the Third round to get that one or two must yards when it comes Crunch time.. the triple threat ... RBs

48 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I plan on watching Bama and Washington. Sorry, but you Southern Boys can suck it. I went to Cal and I hope Saban gets his Butt kicked, Ghost of Bear Bryant or not. :munch:;)PS: Huskies DT Elijah Qualls will be worth watching! PAC 12!

Southern Boys never suck it,  I hope Bama breaks a foot off in that Huskies ***

Just now, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I'll cheer on everyone in PAC 12, except Stanford, UCLA and USC. As for that foot, break it off in the USC-Penn State Bowl. My parents met in Pittsburgh and I HATE 'SC, Slappy.

All good, just a Bama fan , after the Dawgs, so Im a SEC fan and feel the championship should always include a SEC team.

Just now, Slappywhite said:

All good, just a Bama fan , after the Dawgs, so Im a SEC fan and feel the championship should always include a SEC team.

Gotcha , dude. My aunt and uncle live in Tennessee, cousins in Georgia. I visited Georgia twice, loved it, humidity sucks. 'Bama is legendary. I wish Cal would hire Chip Kelly. He revolutionized the fast break passing attack in Oregon and Sonny Dykes isn't a big name like Chip.