It had to come down to the Saints.

theDIRTYcode

I hate these azzholes, like seriously, hate everything black and gold, creole, jazz, etc. But outside playing for the division championship, the Saints were always meant to stand in our way of something meaningful. That something being a 2 seed. That something being the last regular season gsme in the dome. You think the NFL didn't know? 

We're built the same, prolific offenses that just needs a decent defense to compete. A QB rivalry that ushers one to the HOF, and gives another a chance at it. 

Let there be no mistake, take down the Saints, and we have a real shot....a legitimate shot at something we've never experienced as fans,  as a team, as a city, and as a state. Lose this game, and we are still Atlanta....the city of almosts. 

We can't lose this game....not now, not to New Orleans....hoist the colors, and rise.....up.

Merry Christmas Atlanta.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what has come down to the taints exactly? we've clinched the division, which obviously means the playoffs. this team has had the bye week in the playoffs before, so I guess I'm missing the point of your whining????

Yeah, they're scoring a lot of points, but last time I looked, so are we. and our D is playing much better since the bye week, Falcons 45 aints 31.....and we'll get a week to rest and heal up and wait to see who the next victim will be

24 minutes ago, papachaz said:

what has come down to the taints exactly? we've clinched the division, which obviously means the playoffs. this team has had the bye week in the playoffs before, so I guess I'm missing the point of your whining????

Yeah, they're scoring a lot of points, but last time I looked, so are we. and our D is playing much better since the bye week, Falcons 45 aints 31.....and we'll get a week to rest and heal up and wait to see who the next victim will be

Chaz the OP stated: "That something being a 2 seed." 

10 minutes ago, atlbaby said:

Chaz the OP stated: "That something being a 2 seed." 

and then he posted this:

" Let there be no mistake, take down the Saints, and we have a real shot....a shot at something we've never experienced as fans,  as a team, as a city, and as a state. Lose this game, and we are still Atlanta....the city of almosts. "

and it just doesn't fit with the premise. What's so special about being a 2 seed, we were the 1 seed in 2012 weren't we? so it's not something "we've never experienced before", because we had the bye week then. It doesn't even fit if he's talking about getting to the SB, because we got there in '98. I personally don't think he's talking about winning the SB, because winning or losing to the aints this weekend won't mean a hill of beans to what we do in the SB, if we make it that far......so sorry, it just sounds like a drama seeking post to me because it doesn't fit....

I do get the hatred of the taints though. But back in the late spring/early summer when the schedule was done, no, the NFL didn't know us against the taints would be for us getting the 2 seed. They changed the scheduling a few years back to have every team playing division games the last few weeks of the season just TO make them more meaningful, more important, so that teams wouldn't check out if their season was crap, or rest their starters too much to save them for the playoffs. Although, having watched the game saturday, carolina missed the 'don't check out if your season was crap' memo......bahahahaa

It is poetic for the last regular season game in the GA Dome to be be the Saints, and exciting that it *means* something in terms of playoff implications. 

Last week, I posted that ATL had a chance in these last two games to rid themselves of the bad taste left by losses to CAR in 2014 and NO in 2015. One down, one to go.

10 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I hate these azzholes, like seriously, hate everything black and gold, creole, jazz, etc. But outside playing for the division championship, the Saints were always meant to stand in our way of something meaningful. That something being a 2 seed. That something being the last regular season gsme in the dome. You think the NFL didn't know? 

We're built the same, prolific offenses that just needs a decent defense to compete. A QB rivalry that ushers one to the HOF, and gives another a chance at it. 

Let there be no mistake, take down the Saints, and we have a real shot....a legitimate shot at something we've never experienced as fans,  as a team, as a city, and as a state. Lose this game, and we are still Atlanta....the city of almosts. 

We can't lose this game....not now, not to New Orleans....hoist the colors, and rise.....up.

Merry Christmas Atlanta.

I'll drink to that..this is almost poetic that it comes down to this..the last season game in the dome..it ends where it all started..this rivalry..this war has been fought for many many years..so it's almost fitting that the dome closes it's regular season eyes with this game.we have no choice but to win this game..not just for the 2 seed but for the history the many stories that's been told in that building..the heartbreaks and the triumphs..so sunday..let's win for the ones that came before that built that place in to what it is today..bring it home boys we believe in you..

8 hours ago, papachaz said:

and then he posted this:

" Let there be no mistake, take down the Saints, and we have a real shot....a shot at something we've never experienced as fans,  as a team, as a city, and as a state. Lose this game, and we are still Atlanta....the city of almosts. "

and it just doesn't fit with the premise. What's so special about being a 2 seed, we were the 1 seed in 2012 weren't we? so it's not something "we've never experienced before", because we had the bye week then. It doesn't even fit if he's talking about getting to the SB, because we got there in '98. I personally don't think he's talking about winning the SB, because winning or losing to the aints this weekend won't mean a hill of beans to what we do in the SB, if we make it that far......so sorry, it just sounds like a drama seeking post to me because it doesn't fit....

I do get the hatred of the taints though. But back in the late spring/early summer when the schedule was done, no, the NFL didn't know us against the taints would be for us getting the 2 seed. They changed the scheduling a few years back to have every team playing division games the last few weeks of the season just TO make them more meaningful, more important, so that teams wouldn't check out if their season was crap, or rest their starters too much to save them for the playoffs. Although, having watched the game saturday, carolina missed the 'don't check out if your season was crap' memo......bahahahaa

Good grief guy...

9 hours ago, papachaz said:

what has come down to the taints exactly? we've clinched the division, which obviously means the playoffs.

Just what I was gonna say. We've clinched the division. It comes down to nothing unless one is real concerned about the bye week. I'm glad the playoffs aren't on the line with the game. I would like the 2nd seed, but with the division clinched I can relax for this one. Other than I hate the Saints and would like to beat them.

Actually this game is alot less meaningful than i could have been. We clinched the division and a playoff spot. All we are playing for is a bye. Given how we play at home I'm not sure if home field advantage is really that much of a big deal and an extra week would be nice but we could easily do well playing another game to keep the defense rolling.

I'll take the #3 seed but it really is no a huge deal for this team.

If for some reason we get behind by a lot early I'd pull all the starters just to deflate any Saints win and protect our guys for the playoffs. 

Edited by MAD597

The Falcons know what is at stake in this game, and I think they will be well prepared to take care of business. This season has shown that it is indeed a marathon, and at times we've seen the Falcons ware down some, but we've seen them quickly bounce back and get back on track. We've actually seen them get better as the season has gone on. I was highly critical after the KC loss, but look at how well the defense actually played in that game. I think with every loss the Falcons (coaches and players) have gained knowledge, and haven't been prone to make the same mistakes again. I think the Falcons are a lot tougher than I thought they were, and it is apparent that they are ignoring the fatigue and reaching deeper to make a run at the grand prize.

1 hour ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

Good grief guy...

what? I was responding to someone who was correcting me for wondering what the OP was whining about. The facts just don't fit what he was saying.....

oh wait, never mind, I don't know what I was even thinking, trying to make someone's post fit the facts around here. Never mind, carry on..... 

12 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Merry Christmas Atlanta.

Woah, dude, don't hate on the Naw Lins jazz. I love jazz and once saw the New Orleans Preservation Hall jazz band play. Harry Connick Jr , Wynton & Bradford Marsalis are all Naw Lins boys. I just hate the Saints. I wanna Mr Pepsi-I Love the Boy Band ONE DIRECTION [see Pepsi commercial few year back] Wrangler Jeans Bree's gang tackled and thrown through the uprights by Clayborn/Beasley/Jarret/Reed/Hageman! The dude had the nerve to do that freaking Who Dat cheer in our house last year and say it was his house! ICE needs to return the favor.:bang: