Jump to content

Yet Another Reason Matt Can't Win MVP


Jesus
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is from the NFL.com recaps.

 

Atlanta Falcons 33, Carolina Panthers 16

1. Hot take alert: The Falcons are going to unseat the Cowboys as the favorite in the NFC. Atlanta rolled over two overmatched opponents in Weeks 14 and 15, and in Week 16 jumped out to an early lead in Carolina before grinding out the win by leaning on a rushing attack that looks better with each week. Matt Ryan isn't perfect, but he's been above average and even better statistically, which is more than enough for Atlanta to hit its groove on a weekly basis. Spreading completions among 10 different targets, Ryan completed 27 of 33 passes for 277 yards and two scores, renewed a rapport with Mohamed Sanu and welcomed back Julio Jones in the win. Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman combined to rush for 143 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries, including Coleman's 55-yard jaunt that was the final blow to a demoralized Panthers defense.

 

So really how good does he have to be? Does he really have to be perfect? In what has he been just above average? Why are no other QBs held to the same standard as Matt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

So really how good does he have to be? Does he really have to be perfect? In what has he been just above average? Why are no other QBs held to the same standard as Matt?

I saw this on NFL.com and thought the same thing... Above average? Just in YPA Matt is having one of the finest seasons in the history of the league... Sheesh some people just want to hate

Edited by Rhodaric
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rhodaric said:

I saw this on NFL.com and thought the same thing... Above average? Just in YPA Matt is having one of the finest seasons in the history of the league... Sheesh some people list want to hate

82% completion percentage wasn't enough yesterday apparently. Did Cam even have 70% in a game last year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Reggie_Kelly said:

I think people forget that Matt did throw a pick 6 before the half vs KC and a pick two to lose the game vs KC. Really hard to argue for Matt when he had that terrible game. I don't know if Brady or Rodgers had a game like that 

Thats a legit argument, but above average?

Whose had a better turnaround season than MR?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I think people forget that Matt did throw a pick 6 before the half vs KC and a pick two to lose the game vs KC. Really hard to argue for Matt when he had that terrible game. I don't know if Brady or Rodgers had a game like that 

Rodgers first half of the season was mediocre at best this year and Brady shouldn't even been in consideration because he missed 4 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I think people forget that Matt did throw a pick 6 before the half vs KC and a pick two to lose the game vs KC. Really hard to argue for Matt when he had that terrible game. I don't know if Brady or Rodgers had a game like that 

Rodgers was not very good the first 10 games of this season. It is all because he said they were going to run the table when they were 4-6 and so far he is doing it. So he has had a great last 5 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Apparently 33.5 points per game and a 9.2 y/a isn't MVP quality.

Im sure their reasoning is the Falcons haven't faced anyone:rolleyes:


Yeah, that's the "usual" reason they give.  But the Falcons were tied for the hardest schedule this year, and it seems like all the "talking heads" conveniently forgot about that! 
Like they say, "haters gonna hate" no matter what.  So all we have to do is keep on winning, keep on finishing, keep our foot on our opponent's throat and keep the pedal to the metal ---- sooner or later they'll have to see us in a favorable light, like it or not!!! 

GO, DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!! 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I think people forget that Matt did throw a pick 6 before the half vs KC and a pick two to lose the game vs KC. Really hard to argue for Matt when he had that terrible game. I don't know if Brady or Rodgers had a game like that 

You mean like the game where Brady threw for 188 yards and 0 TDs? Maybe you mean Rodgers game where he threw for 213 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, and 1 Fumble?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I think people forget that Matt did throw a pick 6 before the half vs KC and a pick two to lose the game vs KC. Really hard to argue for Matt when he had that terrible game. I don't know if Brady or Rodgers had a game like that 

Matt also hasn't had a game where he has hasn't accounted for at least 1 touchdown like Brady and Rodgers have either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:


Yeah, that's the "usual" reason they give.  But the Falcons were tied for the hardest schedule this year, and it seems like all the "talking heads" conveniently forgot about that! 
Like they say, "haters gonna hate" no matter what.  So all we have to do is keep on winning, keep on finishing, keep our foot on our opponent's throat and keep the pedal to the metal ---- sooner or later they'll have to see us in a favorable light, like it or not!!! 

GO, DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!! 


 

I can live with their disdain, as long as Ryan hoists that Lombardi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

Let's just win a Superbowl fellas. I don't give a **** about MVP and neither does Ryan. It's a team sport and I really want my team to win a championship, same as Ryan.

Why do people come in threads talking about the MVP and saying they don't care about it? How do you know Ryan doesn't care? If you don't care about it why come in the thread? Wouldn't it just be easier to not come in the thread, some of us fans do care and hope the players on our team gets the recognition they deserve. I want Matt to win both the MVPs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Jesus said:

This is from the NFL.com recaps.

 

Atlanta Falcons 33, Carolina Panthers 16

1. Hot take alert: The Falcons are going to unseat the Cowboys as the favorite in the NFC. Atlanta rolled over two overmatched opponents in Weeks 14 and 15, and in Week 16 jumped out to an early lead in Carolina before grinding out the win by leaning on a rushing attack that looks better with each week. Matt Ryan isn't perfect, but he's been above average and even better statistically, which is more than enough for Atlanta to hit its groove on a weekly basis. Spreading completions among 10 different targets, Ryan completed 27 of 33 passes for 277 yards and two scores, renewed a rapport with Mohamed Sanu and welcomed back Julio Jones in the win. Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman combined to rush for 143 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries, including Coleman's 55-yard jaunt that was the final blow to a demoralized Panthers defense.

 

So really how good does he have to be? Does he really have to be perfect? In what has he been just above average? Why are no other QBs held to the same standard as Matt?

Yes.  He has to have monster games to have a shot against Brady.

Nevermind the record TD passes to different WRs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Matt Ryan doesn't have the season he is having, this team would be in the same mention as the Bengals, Chargers, and Cardinals right now. That is having someone competent at quarterback but still couldn't get the job done.

The Patriots are perennial contenders and went 3-1 without Brady. The Packers are also playoff contenders as well. Did any national folks have the Falcons even looking at a wild card birth much less a division title with that schedule, especially at the start of the season? ****, there were nimrods like Heath Evans telling the world that they'd be thankful to see five wins this year WITH Ryan under center. Yet, they're a missed FG, a bad pass, and a blown call from being effin 13-2 right now. And while there's plenty of praise to be passed around for taking the division title away from Kitten Kountry, a lot of that needs to go to #2.

Matt Ryan is this year's MVP...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Why do people come in threads talking about the MVP and saying they don't care about it? How do you know Ryan doesn't care? If you don't care about it why come in the thread? Wouldn't it just be easier to not come in the thread, some of us fans do care and hope the players on our team gets the recognition they deserve. I want Matt to win both the MVPs.

Uh ok :lol: 

You would be happy with MVP for Ryan and a one and done in the playoffs? Or a SB loss?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

Uh ok :lol: 

You would be happy with MVP for Ryan and a one and done in the playoffs? Or a SB loss?

This is quite possibly the worst counter to an argument I've ever heard. Does winning an MVP in the NFL ban you from the playoffs? Why can't Matt Ryan win MVP and the Falcons win the superbowl? Why does it have to be either or?

Edited by FalconsFanSince194eva
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...