IF we hold onto the #2 seed who do you want to play

VB44

It most of my scenarios I have Seattle getting the #3 seed... There wild card game will be most likely be against Detriot or Washington which you'd think they would handle business at home. Setting up a divisonal game against us at the dome. So who would you want to play in the divisonal week ? If Detroit win out they finish with the #3 seed. So most likely we'd host Detriot or Seattle

With what I believe this locker room to be, I think we give them a crack shot at the Seahawks for "revenge"... I think this locker room would eat it up and come out ready to prove a point that the seahawks got lucky at home with a no call and close game...

Any team that motivates us to play up to our potential, i'll take that story line for whatever reason they give us... 

1 minute ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Assuming that the current 6 are the ones in the tournament in the end ...

I would strongly prefer the Giants or Packers not come to us. I think we could handle it but those are not the most favorable match ups.

Bring on Detroit or Seattle. 

The Giants don't match up well against the Falcons.  Their offense can't run the ball and they only have Odell which we can bracket cover.  Their defense may be able to slow the Falcons down to about 24 -28 pts, but their offense will NOT score anywhere near that on our defense.

I don't have a preference. We are the team to be feared! 

I really want to play Seattle in the dome.  Otherwise I think Washington or Detroit would be the easiest wins.  I feel like we had some favorable calls in that Packer game and while I think we would take care of business against them I know they are hungry for another shot. 

Im confident that we would beat the Cowboys and that win would add legitimacy to our entire season but they are a tough team in the trenches and I would prefer to not have to deal with that.  I think if we hit them in the mouth early though they will fold on offense.

Edited by abstract

I really want to play Seattle in the dome.  Otherwise I think Washington or Detroit would be the easiest wins.  I feel like we had some favorable calls in that Packer game and while I think we would take care of business against them I know they are hungry for another shot. 

Im confident that we would beat the Cowboys and that win would add legitimacy to our entire season but they are a tough team in the trenches and I would prefer to not have to deal with that.  I think if we hit them in the mouth early though they will fold on offense.

Edited by abstract

I think we can handle all of them. I guess Green Bay might be the team I want to see least, cause Rodgers can easily duplicate his 2010 performance against our secondary if we fail to get pressure, but our offense is like nothing we've ever had before and for some reason I just have a feeling we're about to dominate time of possession this postseason and that's gonna keep the defense fresh

I really doesn't matter to me. Every team presents a challenge and a matchup problem.

The Giants have a good defense, but their offense is nothing special and I don't think the Falcons D would be too overwhelmed by them. The Giants don't have a decent TE to burn the Falcons in the middle, and I think the Falcons D could pressure Eli all day. While the Giant D is good, the Falcons have faced better and won.

Green Bay is the scariest right now, because they have once again found some late season magic and could roll through the playoffs. However, their recent success has been against teams with middle of the road to bad offenses, and a few good defenses. GB is playing well on both sides of the ball, but I still like the Falcons chances.

Seattle is certainly scary too, but their offense has been nothing spectacular, and the Falcons can score on this team. I like the Falcons chances at home against Seattle, but not on the road.

Detroit...Who knows what you get with this team? The stats say they are a better defensive team than offensive, and both sides of the ball are middle of the road. Stafford keeps that team going though, and if the score is close, then you'd better watch out. I'm thinking the Falcons can handle them though.

Under this scenario, whichever team the Falcons face is going to have won a playoff game and be feeling confident.

The only potential opponent in the first playoff game with a winning road record as of now is WAS, 4-3-1. Seattle is 7-1 at home and 2-4-1 on the road. NYG and GB currently 3-4 with a road game still to play. 

I'd rather face teams like Detroit and Washington, rather than Green Bay and New York, because the latter have QBs that have won it all before and that kind of experience can be very valuable on the road in the postseason. 

Seattle has that too, and I'm not sure the "ATL had the game stolen from them by the refs" is a great narrative for the Falcons and may end up helping the Seahawks in terms of creating added pressure on Atlanta. Fortunately, I don't think their D is capable of stopping the Falcons, given their injuries. 

11 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Anyone but the Packers, honestly. I don't think our defense will be able to contain their offense and our offense would have to be on top of their game with any hope of winning.

Part of me wants to play the Packers because they've been the thorn in our side seems like every post season. I'd love to put them out of the playoffs for once. Them or Seattle, for obvious reasons...