PFF grades

xSICKxWITHxITx

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

not our best offensive day grade wise but still hung 33 points.

gotta clean up some of this ill timed sacks though..

A bad offensive day gives us 33 points? That will win us almost any game in the playoffs. The Panthers front 7 is no joke, they do lead the NFL in sacks. 

35 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

A bad offensive day gives us 33 points? That will win us almost any game in the playoffs. The Panthers front 7 is no joke, they do lead the NFL in sacks. 

I was talking about our oline grades... they gave up 4 sacks... Ryan bailed them out big with Coleman on that 3rd n 21. 

I know we did great offensively but we've given up 36 sacks on the season.. not exactly great.. 

defenses get tougher in the playoffs for a reason so we need to clean it up that's all I'm saying..

Part of the reason we have so many sacks is because of the amount of plays we run that take a while to develop. this is not a quick hitting offense like Dirk. lots of 5 and 7 step drops, misdirection and play action. the benefit is a lot of big plays when everything goes well, but when a defender beats their guy the play will end very badly as most routes take a long time to develop.

This is a big reason why the oline is so important and also a big reason why we struggled last year when they couldn't hold their blocks 3-5 seconds. Matt Ryan's ypa is a credit to the line, smart decision making and the system.

46 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I was talking about our oline grades... they gave up 4 sacks... Ryan bailed them out big with Coleman on that 3rd n 21. 

I know we did great offensively but we've given up 36 sacks on the season.. not exactly great.. 

defenses get tougher in the playoffs for a reason so we need to clean it up that's all I'm saying..

I was being more sarcastic lol. If our OL plays like that against a tough front 7 and we still manage 33 points, I think we will be okay.

I see your point though. The OL does need to play better than they did yesterday

19 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

Part of the reason we have so many sacks is because of the amount of plays we run that take a while to develop. this is not a quick hitting offense like Dirk. lots of 5 and 7 step drops, misdirection and play action. the benefit is a lot of big plays when everything goes well, but when a defender beats their guy the play will end very badly as most routes take a long time to develop.

This is a big reason why the oline is so important and also a big reason why we struggled last year when they couldn't hold their blocks 3-5 seconds. Matt Ryan's ypa is a credit to the line, smart decision making and the system.

Dirk doesn't have a quick hitting offense. His has more long developing plays than kyles. The difference is we ran a coverage based offense where the coverage dictated where the ball will go and also dictated the route the wr's would run. In other words if Julio and roddy got off coverage they'd run a come back. If they got tight coverage they'd go long. 

Kyles offense doesnt care what youre doing. It's a progression offense so Matt is going to go where the coverage dictates thru progression. He pretty much know where the ball is going pre snap. The wr's are gonna run their route no matter what the defense is doing. Unless they have an option route but if somebody plays off coverage they're not gonna run a comeback. We run a horizontal offense. DK ran a vertical offense. 

32 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Worrilow played really well yesterday. I only saw one play where he was too slow to make the play. That grade is surprising tho. 

i thought just the opposite...i saw plays where he couldn't get off blocks and where he was just too slow to make the play. i only saw one play where i thought his play help decide the outcome (in a positive way). but that's just me me and my eyes from a tv view...

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

That's just gonna happen when you're pressing an air attack like ours. For Matt Ryan to have that high of an YPA/YPC & 13 different receivers with TD's he's going to take some licks standing in there -- but that's the difference in an MVP/SB season. He's STANDING in there.