Did Levitre make it back into the game?

sonnyjim

Ben Garland is a **** of an athlete.  He really is solid at every position he has played(DT, G and C).  In the chat someone jokingly (I think) said we should try him at FB.  I actually would love to see that once just to prove it is a stupid idea.  I do not remember seeing Levitre return but I don't really pay attention to linemen during a live game unless they are doing something particularly remarkable. 

2 hours ago, Jon Doe said:

Garland was fine, so there was no need to rush back Levitre. I wonder if he could compete to start next season at RG?

Absolutely. We need to resign him, obviously. But that shouldn't prove too difficult and I would anticipate that happening. It all depends on if they staff wants to move on from Chester, who is also a free agent who will be 35 at the start of next season.

I could see Chester coming back as insurance to start again in case nobody better emerges during camp. But I could also see us going to camp with just Garland, Schweitzer, and a draft pick and/or other mid-tier free agent to battle it out in camp.

I highly doubt we go after a big money RG in free agency. Not with how much money we already have locked up in O Linemen in Mack, Schraeder, and LeVitre, along with having a big contract for Matthews coming in a few years. 

Edited by RandomFan

49 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Absolutely. We need to resign him, obviously. But that shouldn't prove too difficult and I would anticipate that happening. It all depends on if they staff wants to move on from Chester, who is also a free agent who will be 35 at the start of next season.

I could see Chester coming back as insurance to start again in case nobody better emerges during camp. But I could also see us going to camp with just Garland, Schweitzer, and a draft pick and/or other mid-tier free agent to battle it out in camp.

I highly doubt we go after a big money RG in free agency. Not with how much money we already have locked up in O Linemen in Mack, Schraeder, and LeVitre, along with having a big contract for Matthews coming in a few years. 

I agree. I would like to pick up Jonathan Cooper in free agency and finally putting him in a scheme that fits him. He can go through the plan D development program and compete with the likes of Garland and Schweitzer and if all else fails, resign Chester.

4 hours ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

I don't know,  but Ben garlands face makes him my most favorite player in the nfl. I'm considering a garland jersey,  I love that dude

That dude don't need any of them stupid *** contacts like Biermann wore.  Garland looks like he wants to blend your children into a smoothie, drink it, and burp in your face.