Great day for the falcons, know what should worry the rest of the NFC?

falconidae

Falcons will be better next year. You know they'll add some Oline help, some Dline help, Ryan and company will be in the 3rd year of Shanahan's scheme, the youngster on D will have another off season under their belts.

This team is solid right now and could very well make a deep playoff run, next year, they could be a great team. One that has a defense to match the offense.

33 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Falcons will be better next year. You know they'll add some Oline help, some Dline help, Ryan and company will be in the 3rd year of Shanahan's scheme, the youngster on D will have another off season under their belts.

This team is solid right now and could very well make a deep playoff run, next year, they could be a great team. One that has a defense to match the offense.

2015 Carolina Panthers nearly won Super Bowl.

2016 Carolina Panthers bottom dwellers of NFC South. Don't count your chicks before they hatch just saying.

Just now, Hibachi said:

2016 Carolina Panthers bottom dwellers of NFC South. Don't count your chicks before they hatch just saying.

honestly, there's not really a comparison there. I know that a lot of times, the losing team in the SB doesn't make the playoffs the next year, but look at the attitude of their 'face of the franchise' and then look at our headliners. The mindset of our guys is so much more than theirs........

42 minutes ago, falconidae said:

When you start naming off "foundation type" players on the team you can't help but notice how young they are and most especially on defense. The offense is a little older but we have sonewhere around three to five years left of the "older" guys primes to go along with an influx of young talent there too.     

There really is a chance that we're just looking at the beginning of an open window of being contenders.

11 minutes ago, Hibachi said:

Ron Rivera and his GM can draft the heck out players, but your scheme is not being productive.  It's like a one trick pony, and Cam's mechanics needs some work. 

14 minutes ago, Hibachi said:

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. This year's success means nothing if things don't break right in the off-season. Enjoy this ride before trying to catch the next one.

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Ron Rivera and his GM can draft the heck out players, but your scheme is not being productive.  It's like a one trick pony, and Cam's mechanics needs some work. 

Men I feel ya. If you look at Shams foot work it brings back Tebow time for me. I don't see how he plays the QB position sometimes, looks like Mike Vick  in Bad News Kennel training.

2 hours ago, Hibachi said:

We're not the Panthers. This has been a trend for them since Cam was drafted. Winning seasons followed by losing seasons. Go 12-4 in 2013, only to falter to 7-8-1 in 2014. 15-1 in 2015, currently 6-9. They have never had back-to-back winning seasons with Cam, so really, you're making an apples-to-oranges comparison, because we've had 5 straight winning seasons with Ryan.

2 hours ago, Hibachi said:

Huge differences in the two teams- Look at all the youth on the defense for the Falcons, compare Ryan to Cam, what Ryan is doing is much more sustainable than what Cam is doing.

Think the Falcons are on the verge of something special here.

38 minutes ago, Crunksauce said:

I really think Shanahan will leave this year. So unless we are still running his system without him...

We'll still run the zone blocking scheme which is the most important thing. 

Look, we need a guard and that's about it for offense. Shanahan has been great, we know this. But if you give the new OC a top 5 OL - which we would be immediately with a replacement for Chester - it's gonna be hard to waste the talent of Julio/Freeman/Teco/Gabriel/Hooper we have here. We've got the guys, we just need to learn from the mistakes of Seattle and Carolina and build depth on our offensive line.

1 hour ago, Crunksauce said:

I really think Shanahan will leave this year. So unless we are still running his system without him...

Maybe, but think about the potential this O has with him. It would be almost impossible to replicate wherever he goes. 

25 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

We can talk about next year all we want. We are fans and have no bearing on the team. We don't have to pump the breaks on any discussions

You have mistaken me sir. I meant there is no need to talk about how teams to to be worried about next year when we can very well win it all this year. They should already be messing their pants.

20 hours ago, Warningx13 said:

Pump the brakes on "next year' talk. That's snake bit loser talk. We are one game away from a first round bye and guess what? Zeke is going to hit that rookie wall soon. They need to worry this train is just leaving station sure but I'm not particularly "scared" of anyone right now.

WTF? How is that snake bit loser talk?