This Feels Like a Trap Game

Nono

I must have a different definition of a trap game than everyone else. Trap games are when you underestimate an opponent. An away game vs a division rival would rarely count as a trap game. I say rarely because I'm sure a Browns win would be considered as their division opponent overlooking them.

That is to say, an upset is not always due to it being a "trap" game. This should be a tough game. If we lose, it's not because we overlooked them.

Look. If we don't win at least one of the next 2 games, we don't deserve to go. That's it. We had a great season IMO considering before the start of it we were picked win at best 4 games with the brutal schedule the NFL gave us. I was very nervous about this game, but after realizing what we accomplished this year, Quinn is going to steer this team to a SB.

Aside from that, we can win this. Stewart is going to be a major factor, as well as getting to Cam. Our O-line needs to be looking for a lot of blitzing and protect Matt best they can. Considering we faced defenses like Denver, Seattle, Arizona, and Philly, I believe in this line with Mack at center.

Are you the one who made the topic last week saying the 49ers were a trap game? If not then two people have no idea what a trap game is.

A trap game is a game after one or more consecutive games where a team has proven themselves against the best their league has to offer and then they play a mediocre team with yet another real deal contender lined up the following week making the obvious superior team relax while they opponent is making the game their super bowl.

Certainly there are other ways to be caught in a trap. Carolina dominating us just a couple weeks before losing in Atlanta last season being an example.

They were undefeated. We are 9-5 with Tampa on our heels playing the multi defending division champs, defending conference champs and the defending MVP. Why do you think Julio isn't still resting?

This is going to go one of two ways. #1 Carolina over corrects from the first meeting where Julio went off for 300 yards and Ryan picks them apart. I guarantee the game plan caters to that because if they just let Julio go again you don't have to game plan that and that's the second way.

I'm sure I sound over confident but its not a trap game.It would be a huge let down to lose here.

Last time we played them in NC, we didn't have a healthy Coleman, we had an aging Roddy, a broken Hankerson, no Center or O-line, and our QB was still getting used to the WCO. Beastly and Grady J. were rooks. Brooks Reed wasn't doing as well last time, and we didn't have Freeney, D. Jones, Neal or any of the young studs that we do this time.

Panthers could win, but this is not the same team as the last go round in Charlotte.

3 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Last time we played them in NC, we didn't have a healthy Coleman, we had an aging Roddy, a broken Hankerson, no Center or O-line, and our QB was still getting used to the WCO. Beastly and Grady J. were rooks. Brooks Reed wasn't doing as well last time, and we didn't have Freeney, D. Jones, Neal or any of the young studs that we do this time.

Panthers could win, but this is not the same team as the last go round in Charlotte.

The panthers were also just a tad bit better of a team in that game. 

5 hours ago, Nono said:

Truly excited about returning to the playoffs (almost), but this is no time to take our foot off the pedal. We need to squash Cam and the panties and show the NFL we are playing our best football right before the playoffs.

It is a trap game created in your mind. The Falcons are very focused team and they know what is at stake. 

16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The panthers were also just a tad bit better of a team in that game. 

Yes. However this is the same team we beat the second time while dealing with the same problems I mentioned earlier. We are fully capable of beating any team in the NFL even though we still need some key pieces. Quinn treats every game like a playoff game, so if we lose, we don't deserve to go to the actual playoffs. Period.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Yes. However this is the same team we beat the second time while dealing with the same problems I mentioned earlier. We are fully capable of beating any team in the NFL even though we still need some key pieces. Quinn treats every game like a playoff game, so if we lose, we don't deserve to go to the actual playoffs.

I agree. It's just the beat down we took last year in Carolina was against an undefeated team just rolling. They aren't that team anymore 

No trap here. Everyone understands the Panthers under-performed their talent level for the first half of the season. Add in the division factor, and this is a game that was circled with the scheduled was released as a critical December game. 

Every team has those games where the grind all week and it just doesn't happen on game day. That is always possible. However, it is not possible that the come out flat because the underestimate their opponent based on record (trap game). 

Also, this game is on the road. In the NFL, that one factor almost eliminates "trap" from consideration.