Congratulations to Ryan & Freeman

Tandy

3 minutes ago, Tandy said:

What does that mean?

He played 3 quarters and sat out the last one.   In 17 completions - 2 TD & 286 yards with 144.5 rating.   He won because he earned it.

The stat line showing what they did doesnt state that he got those in 3 quarters. If you didnt watch the game, you would think Brees deserves the award.

And the only reason Brees threw for that much is because they couldnt put the cardinals away, and he had to keep airing it out.

Edited by Asault86

59 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

I think the general public is beginning to realize the type of season Ryan is having.  I'm seeing small signs of recognition pop up everywhere.

I saw someone acknowledge the fact hes 3rd in yards with 100 less attempts the other day. That's insane. He's averaged 9.3 ypa or something completely absurd.

2 hours ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

I think the general public is beginning to realize the type of season Ryan is having.  I'm seeing small signs of recognition pop up everywhere.

That would be awesome if true. The fact that Brees didn't get it with those stats is the reason I was confused.

19 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Given the stats, Brees deserved to win but I'm not mad that Ryan won. Congrats Ryan, his second one this season I believe.

Not when you take into consideration that Matt didn't play the whole game and Brees kept putting up stats because the game was close. 

4 hours ago, Tandy said:

What does that mean?

He played 3 quarters and sat out the last one.   In 17 completions - 2 TD & 286 yards with 144.5 rating.   He won because he earned it.

If Ryan would have thrown as many times as Brees with Ryan's yards per pass, Ryan would have had 622 yards passing. 

4 hours ago, papachaz said:

I bet part of why Freeman got it was the video they showed included his TD where he ran through the tackle attempts one of which included the facemask

but yeah, great job and congrats to both of em!

Freeman won because of his 3 TDs and 130+ yards. That run was just icing on the cake.

5 hours ago, gambysquared said:

I saw someone acknowledge the fact hes 3rd in yards with 100 less attempts the other day. That's insane. He's averaged 9.3 ypa or something completely absurd.

It's actually 100 less completions and 120+ less attempts, which is even more absurd considering Brees is only 223 passing yards in front of Ryan. If Ryan had completed the same amount of passes as Drew "pad my stats" Brees, he would be well over 5k passing yards by now!

Edited by hotlanta

50 minutes ago, hotlanta said:

It's actually 100 less completions and 120+ less attempts, which is even more absurd considering Brees is only 223 passing yards in front of Ryan. If Ryan had completed the same amount of passes as Drew "pad my stats" Brees, he would be well over 5k passing yards by now!

Maybe over 10k. lol.

4 hours ago, hotlanta said:

Just use the yards per attempt and the completion % or the yards per completion - and get your number:

Actual numbers:

Ryan:  319 of 465 for 68.6%, 4,336 yards, 9.33 ypa, 13.60 ypc, 32 TD 7 Int, TD per att .07,   Int per att - .02 

Brees: 419 of 589 for 71.1%, 4,559 yards, 7.74 ypa,  10.88 ypc, 34 TD 14 Int, TD per att .06, Int per att - .03

Ryan's numbers - based on Ryan's percentages and Brees attempts

(319/465)*589 = 404 completions, 5495 yards, 41 TD,  9 int 

Brees numbers - based on Brees' percentages and Ryan's attempts

(419/589)*465 = 331 completions, 3,599 yards, 27 TD, 11 Int

6 hours ago, Tandy said:

Just use the yards per attempt and the completion % or the yards per completion - and get your number:

Actual numbers:

Ryan:  319 of 465 for 68.6%, 4,336 yards, 9.33 ypa, 13.60 ypc, 32 TD 7 Int, TD per att .07,   Int per att - .02 

Brees: 419 of 589 for 71.1%, 4,559 yards, 7.74 ypa,  10.88 ypc, 34 TD 14 Int, TD per att .06, Int per att - .03

Ryan's numbers - based on Ryan's percentages and Brees attempts

(319/465)*589 = 404 completions, 5495 yards, 41 TD,  9 int 

Brees numbers - based on Brees' percentages and Ryan's attempts

(419/589)*465 = 331 completions, 3,599 yards, 27 TD, 11 Int

Ryan would probably finish out the season with 6000 yards if he had Beers attempts