Devonta Freeman Sound FX

YoungHeezy

Love Free (I love Teco too) and he's one of the team leaders but that 49ers game belongs to Oline and TEs/FB and WRs blocking.  All those guys were just nasty in the trenches.  Lot of 49er defenders on their a$$e$.

PS except Free making a fool out of those 3 guys on that toucdown.

1. Arm tackle...nope.
  2. Shoulder tackle...nope
  3. Facemask...nope.
Edited by Monolith2001

You just gotta pull for this guy he's another one of these pros pros and it goes back to drafting.The FO and Coaches have done a great job with Freeman.

Just love that chat he had with TD and in the heat of the battle he had nothing but praise for Matthews Schraeder and Levitrie who is expecting.I got one word.

#class

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

You just gotta pull for this guy he's another one of these pros pros and it goes back to drafting.The FO and Coaches have done a great job with Freeman.

Just love that chat he had with TD and in the heat of the battle he had nothing but praise for Matthews Schraeder and Levitrie who is expecting.I got one word.

#class

how could you not block for that guy? our linemen never have to wonder if they are appreciated. I mean in the heat of battle he's thinking of Andy having a kid, then he goes out his way to make sure he thanked Jake for the key block on the TD run. pure class. not only that, TeCO came over after the fumble to let him know to not let it get to him. that's a real brotherhood.

9 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

how could you not block for that guy? our linemen never have to wonder if they are appreciated. I mean in the heat of battle he's thinking of Andy having a kid, then he goes out his way to make sure he thanked Jake for the key block on the TD run. pure class. not only that, TeCO came over after the fumble to let him to not let it get to him. that's a real brotherhood.

I was about to post something similar. These offensive lineman would go to war for Freeman. Jake said it. "we do it for you." He's inches away from passing Roddy as my all time favorite and I never thought I'd say that about anyone. 

6 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

how could you not block for that guy? our linemen never have to wonder if they are appreciated. I mean in the heat of battle he's thinking of Andy having a kid, then he goes out his way to make sure he thanked Jake for the key block on the TD run. pure class. not only that, TeCO came over after the fumble to let him to not let it get to him. that's a real brotherhood.

yes it is...keep in mind as well that Freeman was drafted in 4th round and is on his rookie contract and has already made two pro-bowls.  Ever heard him complain about his contract?  No.   Anything negative at all about this kid?  NOPE!

still has one more year on his deal - making $600k this year and due to make $690k next.   Wow, we have a lot of guys due for raises between DeVonta, Jake Matthews, Trufant and, in a few years, Beasley.   We are in great cap shape now but will have to continue to be smart.  I think you will see the Falcons start shifting to a Packers model on free agency - with all these guys that we want to keep on our team, we are not going to be going heavy on free agency guys from other teams anymore.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yes it is...keep in mind as well that Freeman was drafted in 4th round and is on his rookie contract and has already made two pro-bowls.  Ever heard him complain about his contract?  No.   Anything negative at all about this kid?  NOPE!

still has one more year on his deal - making $600k this year and due to make $690k next.   Wow, we have a lot of guys due for raises between DeVonta, Jake Matthews, Trufant and, in a few years, Beasley.   We are in great cap shape now but will have to continue to be smart.  I think you will see the Falcons start shifting to a Packers model on free agency - with all these guys that we want to keep on our team, we are not going to be going heavy on free agency guys from other teams anymore.

Dawg well said.

I m looking foward to your draft and FA predictions also.

You must think now we have turned the corner when it comes to drafting then?

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Dawg well said.

I m looking foward to your draft and FA predictions also.

You must think now we have turned the corner when it comes to drafting then?

I do think so for sure.  Drafts had gotten better when Pioli got here and then adding Quinn to the mix and have gotten even better.  Dimitroff gets credit as well - how do you divide up the credit?  I dunno - Dimitroff struggled by himself but is doing much better now with his new support group.  He is a survivor and seems to be able to adapt .

Hopefully we can keep the drafts going.  The bar has now been set really high w/ this years draft - don't expect that every year - no team drafts that many starters year-in and year-out.   I consider Neal, Jones, Hooper and Campbell to all be long-term starters for Falcons.  If you get two per year, you are doing good.

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I do think so for sure.  Drafts had gotten better when Pioli got here and then adding Quinn to the mix and have gotten even better.  Dimitroff gets credit as well - how do you divide up the credit?  I dunno - Dimitroff struggled by himself but is doing much better now with his new support group.  He is a survivor and seems to be able to adapt .

Hopefully we can keep the drafts going.  The bar has now been set really high w/ this years draft - don't expect that every year - no team drafts that many starters year-in and year-out.   I consider Neal, Jones, Hooper and Campbell to all be long-term starters for Falcons.  If you get two per year, you are doing good.

I agree the addition of more experience has helped.

For me though the over riding thing that comes to mind in drafting is a clear  vision from the coaching staff and a clear understanding of how talent fits within the structure of how we want to play.

When having this I believe this has made our drafting process a lot easier.