Atlanta a 2.5 fav to win, but...an upset in the offing?

roguebeaver

Atlanta is currently a 2.5 road fav in betting parlance. But, prognosticators are picking Carolina in an upset! They still can't find their way off Cam'shaft! They luv them nuts in pantyville! 

Atlanta will cause Cam to blow his head gasket and along the way, drive right over them...1st bump will be Luke, if he plays, rest to follow! 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, droopy1592 said:

38-24

I'll take that too!!!  The Panthers coming off a Monday night game and being way too hyped for this game bolds well from our Falcons.  They will really start feeling the aches of that Monday night game again toward the end of the 2nd quarter. 

As a long suffering Falcons fan, I am quite used to being let down.  We can whip these guys but I admit this game feels like one of those kind of games where we have the opportunity to lock things down but for whatever reason won't.  That said, I think the Falcons are a really good team with really good coaches and I say we win in a tough one.   That's what a playoff team would do and I will be so pleased if we exceed that.

Atlanta has beaten 2 games in a row, panthers playing on a short week, 5-2 road record, and Falcons in the playoff mode. The Falcons are a team on a mission.

They will destroy the Panthies because their defense is average, and they are not going to be able to contain the Falcons. 

14 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

17 is bold. They are playing really good football right now. I doubt we go up there and beat them by 17. They have a lot of ill will against the Falcons, and they will come to play. 

I would argue we have a lot of ill will against them after our last visit to BOA stadium. Remember pre-game warmups when some of the panties paraded around with baseball bats to try to intimidate and during the game when they were yukking it up across the field taking group selfies in full view of the Falcon sideline while they were destroying us. None of which was appreciated and the Falcons got revenge and ruined the panties perfect regular season record when they came to our house. Ain't karma a *****? Bottom line is we will have to come to play. It is their house and this game will be no cakewalk. As a matter of fact, we might even see them trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat as KC did. Rise Up..... and Destroy!

21 minutes ago, DixieTwister said:

I would argue we have a lot of ill will against them after our last visit to BOA stadium. Remember pre-game warmups when some of the panties paraded around with baseball bats to try to intimidate and during the game when they were yukking it up across the field taking group selfies in full view of the Falcon sideline while they were destroying us. None of which was appreciated and the Falcons got revenge and ruined the panties perfect regular season record when they came to our house. Ain't karma a *****? Bottom line is we will have to come to play. It is their house and this game will be no cakewalk. As a matter of fact, we might even see them trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat as KC did. Rise Up..... and Destroy!

Well with any rivalry, there will be high emotion. I think we are the better team, and we will win a close one at the end. But 17 on the road is tough. 

22 minutes ago, DixieTwister said:

Well with any rivalry, there will be high emotion. I think we are the better team, and we will win a close one at the end. But 17 on the road is tough. 

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

As a long suffering Falcons fan, I am quite used to being let down.  We can whip these guys but I admit this game feels like one of those kind of games where we have the opportunity to lock things down but for whatever reason won't.  That said, I think the Falcons are a really good team with really good coaches and I say we win in a tough one.   That's what a playoff team would do and I will be so pleased if we exceed that.

I don't get that feeling this year. I think the guys are hungry and the defense is figuring it out. 

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I don't get that feeling this year. I think the guys are hungry and the defense is figuring it out. 

I think a lot of fans are just waiting for the other shoe to drop as that's what we've been conditioned to with this team.  I'm with you, this team is different.  IF we lose in the playoffs, I don't think it will be because we choked.  It'll be because we faced up with a hotter team.

In 2014, ATL had a chance to win the NFCS and got blown out at home by CAR. 

In 2015, ATL had a chance to avoid a losing season for the first time since 2012 and choked away a game against NO when they had nothing to play for.

In addition to winning the NFCS and securing at least the 3rd seed, the Falcons can wash away the bad taste from those two games over the next two weeks...beat division rivals who are inferior opponents. Sweeping these last two games will be solid evidence that this team is ready to make noise in the playoffs.