In Bucky Brooks 2016 Draft Do Over He Has Deion Jones As a Top 20 Pick

Arkridge

4 minutes ago, Arkridge said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/811663935132798976

Interesting. In Bucky Brooks draft do over article he has Deion Jones moved to #20 overall to the Jets instead of Darron Lee, a forum favorite for last years draft. Interesting stuff!

Dak # 1 overall pick of draft to LA?

Bucky has been smoking some of the real good stuff.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

In hindsight, who would you slot for them?

Me as a fan? I would have traded down that pick. If I couldn't do that, I would have either kept Goff or maybe gone with Bosa.

Dak in LA would not be near the feel good story as him in Dallas. 

You?

21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Me as a fan? I would have traded down that pick. If I couldn't do that, I would have either kept Goff or maybe gone with Bosa.

You?

True, but this is in a vacuum. Based solely on how they've played without regard to how they would have done elsewhere. He's the best QB in that draft based on performance and record. So it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

You?

Probably Tunsil. If you blame their problems on QB, then Prescott is definitely the best of the class at this point.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I think that's probably right, TBH. 

Although I think IF that were to happen, Dak would not be Dak anymore. 

Yeah, this... Dallas has the best offensive line in all the NFL, LA Rams have the worst.   Flip the picks and Jared Goff might have had a h3LLA year and Dak might be sucking wind.

I liked both picks of Neal and Jones but thought we could have moved down a little both times to get these guys - but maybe not.  It only takes one other team to mess up the move down scenario.  I know there were rumors that the Jets liked Keanu @ #20.  

Both Jones and Neal look like glue players for this defense much like their Seattle counterparts in Wagner and Chancellor - both were clearly worth their draft position and Bucky backs that up here.

Given our rookie production and future production, I would rate our 2016 draft class after one year to the following draft positions:

Keanu Neal (1st rd - top 20)

Deion Jones (1st rd - top 20)

DeVondre Campbell (2nd rd - top 60)

Austin Hooper (3rd rd)

Schweizer (UDFA)

D. Fuller (UDFA)

I will take those results each and every year.

As good as Zeke has been, I think the cowboys would have been better off, at least long term, with Jalen Ramsey or DeForest Buckner at 4 and Derrick Henry in the second instead of Jaylon Smith. Of course if Smith pans out to be the type of pro he could have been pre injury, it was an awesome move, but Dallas needs help on the d line and secondary more than they need an elite runner. JMO. 

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I liked both picks of Neal and Jones but thought we could have moved down a little both times to get these guys - but maybe not.  It only takes one other team to mess up the move down scenario.  I know there were rumors that the Jets liked Keanu @ #20.  

Both Jones and Neal look like glue players for this defense much like their Seattle counterparts in Wagner and Chancellor - both were clearly worth their draft position and Bucky backs that up here.

Given our rookie production and future production, I would rate our 2016 draft class after one year to the following draft positions:

Keanu Neal (1st rd - top 20)

Deion Jones (1st rd - top 20)

DeVondre Campbell (2nd rd - top 60)

Austin Hooper (3rd rd)

Schweizer (UDFA)

D. Fuller (UDFA)

I will take those results each and every year.

Pretty sure we moved down for Deion... right?

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, this... Dallas has the best offensive line in all the NFL, LA Rams have the worst.   Flip the picks and Jared Goff might have had a h3LLA year and Dak might be sucking wind.

That's basically what I was saying. Not that Dak has not been a great pickup worthy of a 1st rounder, he has, although I would strongly disagree he should be 1st pick in entire draft...But j just can't see any rookie QB doing well in Rams situation until some things get fixed there...starting with the head coach. 

Edited by Vandy