Two Weeks in a Row...

The Vent King

...I wasn't worried about our birds winning at all. Feels weird because I know we played two embarrassingly bad teams, but if you've been a part of FalconNation long enough you know our past. Where we would beat the snot out of a Peyton led Broncos team on MNF or perhaps the Steelers then turn around and lay eggs against the likes of Blaine Gabbreath and Geno Smith. 

Blaine Gabbreath (sigh)...that still bothers me til this day.

Anyway, doesn't it feel great NOT having that feeling anymore? Just knowing this team does what it's SUPPOSED to do against bad teams and doesn't just show up (sometimes) against the better teams? And best part...no one will be able to say that we just had an easy schedule. We battled every team every game no matter who it was and not one blowout all season.

I think this "toughest schedule" will end up being the best thing that happened to this team.

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, joenoles1 said:

Who is Blaine Gabbreath??

I may be spelling his last name wrong but he is now the 2nd string QB behind Kapernick in San Fran. He was (and still is) a scrub that had absolutely no business looking like Tom Brady against our Falcons last season but did due to our horrendously poor play when we played the 49ers.

Edited by The Vent King

7 hours ago, Jesus said:

Look like Tom Brady?

15-25 185 2td 2int 76.2 QB rating

Falcons had 14 carries for 17 yards in that game. Look there.

Don't be a stat genius...the game is situational and if you actually watched that game his stats don't mean ish. He was playing us like a harp, a game he hasn't had b4 or since then that was my point. 

Folks like you kill me going and looking up stats just to make a point. People that actually know the game, know that Blaine Gabbreath had no business even throwing two TDs. He is that bad no matter what we did or didn't do.

13 minutes ago, The Vent King said:

Don't be a stat genius...the game is situational and if you actually watched that game his stats don't mean ish. He was playing us like a harp, a game he hasn't had b4 or since then that was my point. 

Folks like you kill me going and looking up stats just to make a point. People that actually know the game, know that Blaine Gabbreath had no business even throwing two TDs. He is that bad no matter what we did or didn't do.

He's right tho

15 minutes ago, The Vent King said:

They scored all of their points in the 2nd quarter. 3 scoreless quarters. He was still awful Blaine Gabbert. He was practically trying to give us the game. We were just to stubborn to take it. 

55 minutes ago, The Vent King said:

OK go back and watch the game. He didn't even play like the guy who deflates Tom's balls.