I am terrified of Carolina

tl;dr

They have allowed 16 and 15 points to San Diego and Washington respectively. They are playing well defensively right now. SD and Washington are both very good offensively. SD is slipping a little right now however. 

Defensively we are playing well though. I am confident if we can score 30 points, we can win this game. Divisional games are always tough games (see Green Bay/Chicago). I still think we will win this game, but it's going to be tough against a defense that is playing well right now. 

EDIT: After much careful deliberation, I realized what a p*ssy I was being. We are going to thrash these punks. Julio going for 200+ and 2 TD's. We will win this game. 

Edited by tl;dr

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

They have allowed 16 and 15 points to San Diego and Washington respectively. They are playing well defensively right now. SD and Washington are both very good offensively. SD is slipping a little right now however. 

Defensively we are playing well though. I am confident if we can score 30 points, we can win this game. Divisional games are always tough games (see Green Bay/Chicago). I still think we will win this game, but it's going to be tough against a defense that is playing well right now. 

Our defense has given up an average of 14.7 ppg since the bye week. (Not holding the INTs for points or fake punt in the Chiefs game against the Defense)

Haven't exactly played world beaters on offense but neither are the Panthers this season. They pretty much match up with Arizona and Kansas City in PPG and YPG.

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Couple weeks ago, it was New Orleans we needed to be afraid of, then it was Tampa.  This week it's Carolina.

I love it.  I just love it!

Hey in all fairness, I've been concerned about this game for weeks lol. 

3 minutes ago, fuego said:

I'm more concerned about the Saints game because of Brees and that high powered offense when they're clicking. 

I think we can out score the Saints. I'm worried about us having one of those games that we had when we played Philly. Our offense just isn't clicking and their D plays well.

We should win, but this game just makes me nervous 

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Our defense has given up an average of 14.7 ppg since the bye week. (Not holding the INTs for points or fake punt in the Chiefs game against the Defense)

Haven't exactly played world beaters on offense but neither are the Panthers this season. They pretty much match up with Arizona and Kansas City in PPG and YPG.

I hope you are right. This just feels like it could be one of those games where the Panthers make a statement that they are going to be back next year. 

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

They're a worthy opponent, but they're no scarier than anything Atlanta has already faced down.  And that pass defense is still garbage.

Yeah they aren't any scarier than anyone else we have faced. But these divisional games can get weird. Carolina can't win the division though, so I'm not scared of them from that aspect. This week just makes me feel uneasy. I'll feel better if we have Julio back. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

Yeah they aren't any scarier than anyone else we have faced. But these divisional games can get weird. Carolina can't win the division though, so I'm not scared of them from that aspect. This week just makes me feel uneasy. I'll feel better if we have Julio back. 

I agree with you on the Julio part, but I like the Falcons either way.  The Falcons actually match up well against Carolina on both sides of the ball believe it or not.  

I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee a win as it goes without sayin', "any given Sunday", but I'm pretty confident in this one.  They gave the Redskins some opportunities out there that they couldn't capitalize on, and I've see Carolina walk that tightrope all year.

This thread is good mojo, though.  We need one of these a week from here on out.  You should always respect your opponents.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

This thread is good mojo, though.  We need one of these a week from here on out.  You should always respect your opponents.

I'll start it for the Saints next week then. I'm a lot more concerned about them than the Panthers. lol.

20 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

We are fortunate that you are neither a player nor a coach on our team.

There is not one guy on our team "afraid" to play any team out there.

For this - I'm grateful.

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I agree with you on the Julio part, but I like the Falcons either way.  The Falcons actually match up well against Carolina on both sides of the ball believe it or not.  

I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee a win as it goes without sayin', "any given Sunday", but I'm pretty confident in this one.  They gave the Redskins some opportunities out there that they couldn't capitalize on, and I've see Carolina walk that tightrope all year.

I think Atlanta wins 38-20 as they are the clear better team this year and Carolina will be put away for good. It just isn't their year

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Their OLine is still really beat up- skins D couldn't take advantage of that, Falcons D can. Light didn't come on for Beasley until after the first panthers game, they've never experienced Beasley in full beast mode.

They give up more passing yards per game than the falcons, Ryan will get sacked a couple of times, he'll also make a few throws. Skins offense left some plays on the field, I expect the Falcons to make them.

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think Atlanta wins 38-20 as they are the clear better team this year and Carolina will be put away for good. It just isn't their year

I will gladly bump this thread if we win big. I could be wrong, but I expect this game will a dog fight until the end. 

5 minutes ago, Tandy said:

We are fortunate that you are neither a player nor a coach on our team.

Stopped reading right here because I could tell I can agree with you.

If the players/coaches had my mindset for half of these games, we would be in trouble.