Who to Root For Final 2 Weeks (All Scenarios)

PriMeTiiMe

CLINCH PLAYOFF BIRTH
- Falcons Win

CLINCH NFC SOUTH
- Falcons Win + Bucs Loss
OR
- Falcons Win Out

CLINCH AT MINIMUM 3RD SEED
- Falcons Win + Bucs Loss + Lions Loss

CLINCH 2ND SEED
- Falcons Win Out + Seahawks Loss
OR
- Falcons Win + Bucs Loss + Lions Loss + Seahawks Lose Out

IF We Lose both of our final 2 games we need the following to happen to back into the playoffs.
- Bucs Lose Out (Falcons Win NFCS)
OR (Wildcard)
- Lions Lose to Cowboys in W16 OR Packers Lose vs Vikings in W16 AND Lions Win vs Packers in W17
- Redskins Lose to either Bears in W16 OR Giants in W17

Let me know if I missed anything or messed up somewhere.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

If I'm correct, we clinch a playoff berth with a win next week.

We would be 10-6 at worst if we win next week. 

Washington is at best 9-6-1, so they won't jump us and Green Bay won't jump us for the obvious H2H reason.

So one more win and we are in the playoffs. 

Also, we can clinch at least the 3 seed next week:
ATL win + TB loss +DET loss

But very good thread. I enjoyed it

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Washington is at best 9-6-1, so they won't jump us and Green Bay won't jump us for the obvious H2H reason.

Edit: nevermind; you are correct.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Detroit wins a tiebreaker over us if we both finish 10-6 in wildcard. We need them to lose to Dallas if we want to clinch a spot this week.

Thing is, Detroit is 9-5 right now. They are currently in the playoffs. If they lose to the Packers and we lose to the Saints, we would be tied in the common games department. But our SOV is higher than their's, so we have that tiebreaker over them so we would go to the playoffs. 

If Detroit beats Green Bay, then they would win the division, so they wouldn't be competing with us for a WC spot. Instead a 10-6 Falcons team would be competing with a 9-7 Green Bay team and an at best 9-6-1 Washington team. 

So we only need one more win and we clinch. 

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Thing is, Detroit is 9-5 right now. They are currently in the playoffs. If they lose to the Packers and we lose to the Saints, we would be tied in the common games department. But our SOV is higher than their's, so we have that tiebreaker over them so we would go to the playoffs. 

If Detroit beats Green Bay, then they would win the division, so they wouldn't be competing with us for a WC spot. Instead a 10-6 Falcons team would be competing with a 9-7 Green Bay team and an at best 9-6-1 Washington team. 

So we only need one more win and we clinch. 

Yeah I checked the scenario last week and for some reason it had Detroit in over us. Now when I plug it in it has us over them. Thanks for the correction. I Updated it.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Yeah I checked the scenario last week and for some reason it had Detroit in over us. Now when I plug it in it has us over them. Thanks for the correction. I Updated it.

No problem. It's nice knowing we are only one win away. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

No problem. It's nice knowing we are only one win away. 

I just checked and its weird. If we lose our last 2 and Detroit ends up tied with us at 9-7 having also lost their last 2 they get in over us and Packers obviously win the North. Does those 2 losses change the Common Games tiebreaker?

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I just checked and its weird. If we lose our last 2 and Detroit ends up tied with us at 9-7 having also lost their last 2 they get in over us and Packers obviously win the North. Does those 2 losses change the Common Games tiebreaker?

We would be tied with common games at 3-2. Must mean our SOV tanks or something while their's increases. If we lose both of these last 2, we don't deserve to be in the playoff tbh. 

Nice to know after 4 unsuccessful years following the Falcons, we are only 1 win from my first post season :D still want to sweep the Panthers & Saints and get the #3 seed at worst but will settle for my first playoff game no matter how we get there

5 hours ago, VB44 said:

Nice to know after 4 unsuccessful years following the Falcons, we are only 1 win from my first post season :D still want to sweep the Panthers & Saints and get the #3 seed at worst but will settle for my first playoff game no matter how we get there

Nice to know Vicki. Dont let it get to your head...you still gotta play football and surfing these forums at 2 am isnt going to help prepare you any. :)

/p

Edited by FenixFalcon
Meh

10 hours ago, tl;dr said:

green bay could still win that division though, so there's that

8 hours ago, FenixFalcon said:

Nice to know Vicki. Dont let it get to your head...you still gotta play football and surfing these forums at 2 am isnt going to help prepare you any. :)

/p

Haha if only I was the real Vic.. I'm from down under, was 6pm in Australia :) I'll be up at 4:30am Christmas morning to watch the Panthers game... The joys of a different time zone!

Edited by VB44