get Charles Davis to be the official commentator

raysnill1

2 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Charles is cool because he does draft coverage, so he likes to talk about the young guys and how they've developed since getting into the league rather than the usual league drama and cliches.

exactly and I appreciate when guys break down coverage and plays to educate the casual viewer but still not talk over your head. it's why I loved Brian Billick when he was a commentator. Charles was dropping jewels all game and he was very informed about BOTH teams

2 minutes ago, nestaselect said:

There was so much bad info though. Cringeworthy stuff. He said that Ryan had the same weapons last year. Said that Gabriel played for us last year. Something ridiculous was said about our o-line as well. 

that was Thom, Charles just didn't correct him

13 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

I really enjoyed the broadcast. I'm watching the game over and I usually watch the condensed version but today I'm watching the full version just to hear the commentary. Peter Schrager is pretty good too, never knew he was a Fox analyst, use to seeing him on NFL Network.

Can't wait to get home and watch it on NFL Rewind. Because I'm out of town, my routine is to listed to the audio broadcast in NFL rewind (they stream both team's live radio during the games) while watching NFL Redzone. Redzone is a great way to watch the Falcons in 2016. They are always in the freakin' redzone! Because they are fun to watch, they get a lot of coverage even when they aren't in the redzone.

I have really enjoyed the radio team. Wes and Dave strike just the balance I like in a radio team. They are homers, but clearly will to call out crappy play when they see it.

1 hour ago, raysnill1 said:

I really enjoyed the broadcast. I'm watching the game over and I usually watch the condensed version but today I'm watching the full version just to hear the commentary. Peter Schrager is pretty good too, never knew he was a Fox analyst, use to seeing him on NFL Network.

Schrager really likes Neal and Deion. Said great things about them and the falcons in general on the NFL network this morning

3 minutes ago, ElMirage said:

Schrager really likes Neal and Deion. Said great things about them and the falcons in general on the NFL network this morning

I like Schrager because he's pretty fair and he's week to week. if you have a good week he'll give you props, if you have a bad week he'll call you out on it. he has the balance needed to do his job. if I hear him dogging a Falcons player or any player I have to see what they did before I get mad at him lol.

3 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

I really enjoyed them too. I believe they said they're doing our Carolina game too.

3 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

If you are in the Atlanta area, you should really do yourself a favor and listen to Dave Archer (former Falcons QB of course) and Wes Durham on 92.9 during the game if you want analysis from people who know the team inside and out.  Archer is very good at pointing out things like when our defense lines up late or something is wrong with the formation or when we had exactly the right play call for a certain situation and why.  And these guys get excited when the Falcons are scoring and doing well which adds to the game imho.  They know the players and talk to them all the time so they can offer insights that you aren't going to get from national broadcasters. 

26 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

If you are in the Atlanta area, you should really do yourself a favor and listen to Dave Archer (former Falcons QB of course) and Wes Durham on 92.9 during the game if you want analysis from people who know the team inside and out.  Archer is very good at pointing out things like when our defense lines up late or something is wrong with the formation or when we had exactly the right play call for a certain situation and why.  And these guys get excited when the Falcons are scoring and doing well which adds to the game imho.  They know the players and talk to them all the time so they can offer insights that you aren't going to get from national broadcasters. 

I'm in Memphis, Tennessee, I barely get the games on TV. I mostly watch the games on the Fox Go app.

21 hours ago, nestaselect said:

There was so much bad info though. Cringeworthy stuff. He said that Ryan had the same weapons last year. Said that Gabriel played for us last year. Something ridiculous was said about our o-line as well. 

It's been corrected already, but you're thinking of Thom Brennaman.

Charles Davis has always been a great commentator.  Really wish Fox could find someone better to pair him with.  He should replace John Lynch next year and work with Kevin Burkhardt.

2 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

It's been corrected already, but you're thinking of Thom Brennaman.

Charles Davis has always been a great commentator.  Really wish Fox could find someone better to pair him with.  He should replace John Lynch next year and work with Kevin Burkhardt.

They had three commentators, Chris Spielman was the third. it was kinda weird having that may voices during the game but it kinda worked. wouldn't wanna hear 3 voices all season but I guess since the game got out of hand they needed to do something to keep us entertained lol

18 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Do you know if I can listen to them live online or on iHeartRadio or anything?  Don't think their FM radio signal reaches Texas.