Quinn Gives Injury Updates Ahead of Week 16

birdz4i

Posted 12 minutes ago

kelsey-conway-60x60.jpg Kelsey Conway AtlantaFalcons.com Twitter

•  
  •  

Coach Quinn Provided injury updates on Austin Hooper, De'Vondre Campbell, Jalen Collins and Julio Jones ahead of Week 16

The Falcons suffered more injuries on Sunday versus the 49ers, as both LB De’Vondre Campbell (concussion) and TE Austin Hoopericon-article-link.gif (knee) left the game and were unable to return.

Campbell is currently in the NFL’s concussion protocol. If the rookie is unable to go this Saturday versus the Panthers, LB Paul Worrilowicon-article-link.gif will fill his spot. The Falcons’ fourth-round draft pick out of Minnesota missed four games at the beginning of the season with an ankle injury.

Hooper has emerged as Atlanta’s starting tight end with veteran Jacob Tammeicon-article-link.gif on IR. Head Coach Dan Quinn doesn’t foresee Hooper’s injury as a long-term one.

“We got good news with Hooper where it’s not a long-term injury for him,'' Quinn said. “Hopefully we'll have him back sooner than later, so that's good news for us."

Quinn is hopeful to get All-Pro WR Julio Jonesicon-article-link.gif back in the lineup this weekend after missing two games with a toe sprain.

“I’m hopeful that he’s back,” Quinn said of Jones’ status. “I think that he will. We are going to take it all the way through practice Tuesday and Wednesday, and then we’ll have a good shot but I am hopeful for that. I can’t say it’s for sure until he can explode like he can but I think he’s a heck of a lot closer than he has been the over last two weeks.”

CB Jalen Collinsicon-article-link.gif (knee) will be taken through the week, with Wednesday being the most important “test day” for the Falcons’ 2015 second-round pick who suffered a knee injury in Week 14.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Quinn-Gives-Injury-Updates-Ahead-of-Week-16/37b1d8a5-6437-4ed8-98bf-2efc6908b865

18 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Campbell is the the future but we look better without him right now. Too many rookie mistakes 

18 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Campbell is the the future but we look better without him right now. Too many rookie mistakes 

We don't look better without Campbell. For one it was the niners. It'll be a different story against carolina and even NO without Campbell. They have speed worrilow can't run with or matchup with size wise. I asked another guy to explain how we look better with worrilow and how Campbell has been a liability or cost us a game with his liabilities. Y'all would want worrilow in until HIS liabilities show up. 

9 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Julio's injury may be the best thing to happen to the offense. That confidence built on the playing field in a live game can go a long way. I also hope the spreading continues when Julio comes back. You have to believe that the Panthers won't let 300 happen again.

They mentioned on 92.9 the game that Ryan is building more chemistry with the 2nd and 3rd string guys and will only make us harder to stop in the games coming Up. 

8 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

They mentioned on 92.9 the game that Ryan is building more chemistry with the 2nd and 3rd string guys and will only make us harder to stop in the games coming Up. 

Agreed. The Julio injury, though inopportune, has definitely helped in some ways as well as taking place when we were facing two bad teams.

Right now I'm just concerned his toe doesn't heal before the playoffs.

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

We don't look better without Campbell. For one it was the niners. It'll be a different story against carolina and even NO without Campbell. They have speed worrilow can't run with or matchup with size wise. I asked another guy to explain how we look better with worrilow and how Campbell has been a liability or cost us a game with his liabilities. Y'all would want worrilow in until HIS liabilities show up. 

He just always seems to be out of position. Worrilow looked like a man possessed yesterday though you might be right it was just the Niners. I just want to get Collins back bc I think he'll be vital for the stretch run and if we want to make playoff noise. Clayborn too. We should keep him in bubble wrap until we absolutely need him.

Hooper is great news, he looked the worst , with the injuries.  I may be alone in this, but why not sit Julio one more game?  The Panties have a horrible secondary, it gives the other receivers more oppurtunities to  scare our future playoff oponnets , he gets even closer to 100% for the playoffs, no risk of him getting injured even again.  Bring him back in the game against the Saints.

5 hours ago, Jesus said:

I hope Matt keeps distributing the ball around even when Julio comes back.

Yep that balance makes the offense click,important that the running game continues to excel too. Get through these next two games with wins and stay healthy and they might be able to make some noise. Only defense that overly concerns me is the Giants and they just had CB  Janoris Jenkins get banged up.