I guess DCBird33 and I Will Be the Only Folks Here Rooting for the Panthers Tonight?

Downvote Don

Just as I was pretty sure we didn't care about the Bucs/Cowboys game last night, I think we want the Panthers to beat the 'Skins tonight.  If that happens, the Falcons can clinch at least a Playoff Spot with a victory at Carolina next Saturday regardless of anything else happening.

If the 'Skins win, I think we would need them to lose next week to clinch the playoffs.

Edit: @jfalconsp already covered this in another thread.  Sorry.

1 minute ago, Asault86 said:

I know it doesnt matter, but you know what grinds my gears. People that say "or we could win out". Well, that is a given.

Ha, I totally agree.

OF COURSE the ideal situation is for the Falcons to win out. That's what I'm rooting for, and it's more than do-able.

But we're playing two divisional opponents the next two weeks. Those games are close regardless of records. I can't imagine the Saints loving anything more than knocking us out of the tournament in our final regular season game in the Dome.

Seems logical to at least keep an eye on contingencies.

30 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

I know it doesnt matter, but you know what grinds my gears. People that say "or we could win out". Well, that is a given.

No one is opposed to help but ultimately counting on others to do a job you can do yourself is premature given that we need no help to get into the playoffs right now.  In fact, the only help we really need is for Seahawks to fall off and give us that 2 seed...that is what we should be rooting for.  Panthers are irrelevant until we play them Saturday and see no need to root for them tonight and get confidence.  

15 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I will not be rooting for the Panthers. .A Washington win eliminates Carolina and the Saints...Washington win also keeps the Bucs outside the playoff picture. 

I'm not being sarcastic. .so can someone please explain to me why any Falcon fan would want Carolina to win tonight

That reinforces my thinking actually.  The Panthers are going to be after us either way.  Sure, they may fight harder if there are still playoff possibilities, but they are gunning for us after we humiliated them earlier this season AND ruined things for them last season.  Plus, they will be at a disadvantage next week because of their super short week.  Monday night on the road then Saturday afternoon is pretty rough.

But I would LOVE for the Saints to have a reason to play hard against the the Bucs in New Orleans next week.  The more on the line in that game, the better.  

35 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I will not be rooting for the Panthers. .A Washington win eliminates Carolina and the Saints...Washington win also keeps the Bucs outside the playoff picture. 

I'm not being sarcastic. .so can someone please explain to me why any Falcon fan would want Carolina to win tonight

Why would you want the saints eliminated this week. I want them to be alive and have motivation next week.

28 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

I want Atl to win out, but will gladly accept any help that makes a p/o birth possible.

^^THIS^^

just get us there, we've pretty much proven we can play with anyone this year. Just get in and let er rip tater chip!

I mean I pulled for the taints and the boiz both to win the last few weeks. Now it burns when I pee, but if it helps get us into the playoffs, it's worth it

1 hour ago, holymoses said:

Just as I was pretty sure we didn't care about the Bucs/Cowboys game last night, I think we want the Panthers to beat the 'Skins tonight.  If that happens, the Falcons can clinch at least a Playoff Spot with a victory at Carolina next Saturday regardless of anything else happening.

If the 'Skins win, I think we would need them to lose next week to clinch the playoffs.

Edit: @jfalconsp already covered this in another thread.  Sorry.

I definitely will be rooting for Carolina tonight. The unspoken aspect of all of this should always be, of course, we want the Falcons to win out. Heck, I want Seattle to get beat and for the Falcons to sneak into the #2 seed. However, making the playoffs is the main goal. If you do that, everything else is available to you. I am very hopeful that the Falcons can clinch a playoff spot this Saturday. Anything that avoids a potentially panic-inducing Week 17 finisher at the Dome against the hated Saints is alright with me. Yes, it would stink to lose out on the division, but falling back into a wildcard would be a pretty nice consolation prize!

9 minutes ago, Miller2Rison said:

I would prefer they have a hard fought physical tie then play us beat up and emotionally drained on a short week to give us a better chance at winning on Saturday.

wouldn't it be sweet if the sucs and taints go 5 full quarters of beating the crap out of each other and end in a tie, and the panties and skins do too?