Hooper Injury Not Long Term

FentayeJones

Man we are just jinxed with injuries this season, just as bad as our 2014 season. Glad we have depth on the team otherwise we would've been in hot water:

-Clayborn 

-Shelby

-Trufant

-Campbell

-Jones

-Julio

-Sanu

-Hooper

-Spoon

-Tamme

-Colman

That's a lot of injuries. Very happy with our depth.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Man we are just jinxed with injuries this season, just as bad as our 2014 season. Glad we have depth on the team otherwise we would've been in hot water:

-Clayborn 

-Shelby

-Trufant

-Campbell

-Jones

-Julio

-Sanu

-Hooper

-Tamme

-Colman

That's a lot of injuries. Very happy with our depth for this season.

While true, the only ones we have lost for the year (which is really all that matters) are Tru, Shelby and Tamme.  Thankfully most of our injuries have been short term.

Just now, g-dawg said:

part of being a good team is having depth.  Falcons were freakishly healthy during those earlier playoff years and lately and we got spoiled.  I would guess our season to date is rather average for a team with injuries.

+1 Absolutely we were spoiled by having a healthy team and we didn't have the depth...inherited veterans/too many poor drafts.

It's nice seeing this team getting built the right way.

11 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

+1 Absolutely we were spoiled by having a healthy team and we didn't have the depth...inherited veterans/too many poor drafts.

It's nice seeing this team getting built the right way.

agreed.  obviously injuries hurt every team - losing your franchise QB is usually the only injury where it is hard to rebound - hopefully that does not happen to us and why I have enjoyed getting up big on Rams/Niners and sitting Matt in those late 4th quarters when injuries seem to happen.

Falcons depth is better now than it has been at any point in the modern Dimitroff era.   Most of the depth has been added in the last 2-3 years - much needed depth.    If we can get through these next two games w/ no more significant injury, I believe we could be hitting on all cylinders come playoffs - really need Julio to be healthy for playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Its because Spoon is injured so often.  I thought he was having a decent season and brought leadership to the linebackers unit.

Good thing we have rookies playing beyond their experience.

For sure, I feel like what Spoon brings to the team is energy and leadership.  Before he went out, he was playing well against the run but he was not looking so great in pass coverage, out of position, whiffed on tackles.  Man if he ever lived up to his potential (and stayed healthy) he would be special.