The new norm?

Turkeydawg

both guys who are skipping the bowl game I believe are dealing with injuries.. I know fournette has been dealing with an ankle injury and I have no problem him skipping the game to get healthy.  like last year with myles jack he skipped the rest of the year because he wanted to get healthy from a knee injury and get ready for the draft.

Jaylon Smith at ND last year was a top 5 pick before he tore his MCL and ACL in the bowl game. Dropped to the 2nd round which cost him millions. Fournette hasn't been healthy all season so it really makes sense for him. McCaffrey is pretty healthy now but as a RB that could easily change on 1 play. 

Your going to see this more and more.  These kids now see that it's a business for everyone involved.  I mean if you dedicate your entire life to a moment and you actually see the finish line in sight, your not going to risk that big moment and giant payday to play in a meaningless game.

This shouldn't really surprise us. It's the reason so few top tier players play in the Senior Bowl or North-South Game. If you have nothing to prove, why risk your dreams and future for sake of school pride? Especially when your efforts have led to a multi-million dollar payday for the school in the bowl game?

13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

This shouldn't really surprise us. It's the reason so few top tier players play in the Senior Bowl or North-South Game. If you have nothing to prove, why risk your dreams and future for sake of school pride? Especially when your efforts have led to a multi-million dollar payday for the school in the bowl game?

Exactly, and nothing against the schools, but bump that school pride crap. Cause I don't ever want to see another guy end up like Marcus Lattimore as long as I live. Guy that had it made now we look at him as if we pity him, but in reality we've moved onto next great college RB. 

12 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

The Lattimore situation situation should re-emphasize the importance of a degree.

That it's a piece of paper, and that's all? Still the kids know now it's big business, and I'm okay with them sitting they don't owe anyone anything. In fact they've given the schools a lot of publicity already. 

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Can someone explain the point on coaches missing?  

If I understand think about what just happened in UH or University of Houston. Herman pretty much lied, or maybe he didn't, but he's out of there he didn't coach the bowl game if I'm not mistaken. 

Again though my stance is these players have given it there all for 2-3 years let them sit it's their bodies. 

22 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

jordan is using a great example in jeremy pruitt.  what pruitt did last year should not be allowed period.  he was under contract with UGA and decided to ignore the players and not even take part in bowl preparation when he was still a coach.  he took the same job with bama even though it would have been there 2 weeks later and the hypocrit named nick saban who tells his staff don't leave til after our bowl game decided it would be okay to tell a coach you can't coach your bowl game and you need to come over now.  regarding players unless there is an injury they should play.. people using the lattimore injury is a bad example and doesn't even apply to this discussion.  to answer the original question of this thread no this won't be the norm.  most guys who have played football will play the games for their teammates.  we have plenty of examples of that. they made the change that the university is now footing the bill for the insurance to protect players.  

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

jordan is using a great example in jeremy pruitt.  what pruitt did last year should not be allowed period.  he was under contract with UGA and decided to ignore the players and not even take part in bowl preparation when he was still a coach.  he took the same job with bama even though it would have been there 2 weeks later and the hypocrit named nick saban who tells his staff don't leave til after our bowl game decided it would be okay to tell a coach you can't coach your bowl game and you need to come over now.  regarding players unless there is an injury they should play.. people using the lattimore injury is a bad example and doesn't even apply to this discussion.  to answer the original question of this thread no this won't be the norm.  most guys who have played football will play the games for their teammates.  we have plenty of examples of that. they made the change that the university is now footing the bill for the insurance to protect players.  

Bingo

9 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Thats because Pruitt is a scum bag.  I said it last year when he was DC at Georgia and got lots of heat on here for saying it.