Michael Irvin... "Atlanta scares me"...

Spts1

Mike and Mike is interviewing him on Mike and Mike right now. He was asked if any team scares him in the playoffs and he immediately said Atlanta because of their offense. He gave Seattle and the Giants props, but its obvious, and i agree, that Atlanta is the route to the Superbowl in the NFC. Like he said, i don't see the Giants beating Dallas again if they met. I don't see Seattle beating them either. 

Dallas defense got wore down yesterday against a much weaker Bucs offense. Imagine what the Falcons can do to them...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The team to fear at this moment is Green Bay.  They're doing that pesky 2010 thing again, where they suck half the season, and then poof!...forget how to lose another game for the next 10 weeks. 

No, they Barely beat a dismantled bears team who put up 27 on the wretched D.. 

if we play Rodgers again we will have a field day w VIC while Rodgers tries to hobble away 

Edited by SkerFalcon8710

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The team to fear at this moment is Green Bay.  They're doing that pesky 2010 thing again, where they suck half the season, and then poof!...forget how to lose another game for the next 10 weeks. 

Funny... I actually see both the Packers and Falcons heating up at the exact same moment, possibly on a collision course. 

40 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Have you watched the Packers offense, though? They remind me a lot of the Panthers last year. Rodgers runs around behind a suspect line until someone gets open downfield then slings the ball. When the Bears broke through the line yesterday he couldn't do much. If you contain him in the pocket, he's more likely to pass than run, then he can be beat. Montgomery was good out of the backfield but that was probably more because it was unexpected. This ain't the 2010 Falcons.

Our offense is as good as any unit in the league on either side of the ball. And I'm not trying to be a homer here but I don't recall any team having as complete of an offense since the 2000 Rams... and even then we may be deeper in terms of depth than that team was.

I see why many of you are concerned with GB and rightfully so. That said, we're a better version of them. There isn't a team in the league that we can't outscore. That's one **** of an advantage to carry into any game.

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

We've already beat Green Bay once, and they barely beat lowly Chicago yesterday against their 3rd string QB.

Seems like this season more than any that any team can get hot and win it all this season. But GB is probably the worst team of any still in the running. Too many here are letting the annual media hyping of Aaron Rodgers get them puckered up in fear of playing GB. 

Edited by Vandy

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Why is Michael Irvin scared? Has Jerry Jones called him to come back and suit up? Or did he run out of cocaine again?

Troy Aikman still comments on teams that he respects when the Cowboys play them also. Has Jerry called HIM back?

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

No, they Barely beat a dismantled bears team who put up 27 on the wretched D.. 

if we play Rodgers again we will have a field day w VIC while Rodgers tries to hobble away 

Can't take that at face value.. division rivalry. Much like us and the saints - records and talent do not mean a thing when they play. Always tough and could go either way. GB had a 17 point lead and they let the bears come back to tie it up.

i do think we match up and beat them again if we have to. Bears just are not a good measuring stick

2 hours ago, QuinnTorris said:

A lot of people here are still scarred from that GB playoff game I see. Stop being so scared. GB is far from invincible. They have no capabilities to stop our offense. They still might not even make the post season. Y'all should be more worried about the Giants and that defense. 

I'm not worried about any defense. We've shredded supposed #1 defenses multiple times this season.