Is Quinn the reason for the d's sudden surge?

-Falcon4Ever-

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen that also! And also seen that it said shanny was offensive coordinator. It said the same about chip Kelly for the 9er offense. I do think it is all a culmination of experience for the young d, the bye at the right time and garbage offenses. Although since the bye we have played lights out defensively other than a few missed assignments 

Given the youth on D (8 of 11 starters either in their 1st or 2nd season), there is plenty of reason for optimism. But in terms of making the playoffs and making noise once there, the playmakers on D (Beasley, Neal) will need to force some turnovers. Even yesterday against a putrid offense, the middle of the field was open for a passing attack. If #88 didn't have skillets for hands, Kaepernick would have had a lot more passing yards.

1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

Yeah, it hasn't hurt that we've faced garbage the last two weeks. But hey, I hope it instilled some much needed confidence in this young group. They definitely are doing some things better. They are growing as a unit, so there's that.

Last season, garbage offenses with BACKUP QBs were beating us. Defense is better for sure 

Defense is giving up only around 15(14.75 to be exact) ppg since the BYE. We haven't played stellar offenses but we are playing better considering the injuries to our defense coupled with the youth we have on that side. The real test will come against NO. 

I really loved the adjustments we made against AZ, KC, and SF. Out of those teams only AZ scored against us in the 2nd half, and it was in garbage time. 

34 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Given the youth on D (8 of 11 starters either in their 1st or 2nd season), there is plenty of reason for optimism. But in terms of making the playoffs and making noise once there, the playmakers on D (Beasley, Neal) will need to force some turnovers. Even yesterday against a putrid offense, the middle of the field was open for a passing attack. If #88 didn't have skillets for hands, Kaepernick would have had a lot more passing yards.

With the exception of Beasleys sack we were getting no pressure on Kap all day. We miss Clay being out there.

4 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

With the exception of Beasleys sack we were getting no pressure on Kap all day. We miss Clay being out there.

We got pressure he just took off. Plus instead of rushing from end Beasley spied a lot. Did you not see three rushers with one spy? Hard to get pressure that way and we weren't going to let him run all day on us. I wish someone had done this in the 2012 NFCCG instead of letting him run all over us. 

2 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

We got pressure he just took off. Plus instead of rushing from end Beasley spied a lot. Did you not see three rushers with one spy? Hard to get pressure that way and we weren't going to let him run all day on us. I wish someone had done this in the 2012 NFCCG instead of letting him run all over us. 

That strategy took the read option off the table which is the strength of their offense - i liked it.

28 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I don't want to be the Debbie Downer and this D is better than its stats but let's see how we play against some better O's  we are not too far removed from making Alex Smith look Pro-Bowl-like (126.2 rating and almost 300 yds) in spite of the D keeping it close enough to have won.

Well oddly enough that chiefs team has become pretty lethal with the emergence of tyreke hill and they are 10-4.. not like they suck <_< but hey be the turd sandwich of the group. 

9 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Well oddly enough that chiefs team has become pretty lethal with the emergence of tyreke hill and they are 10-4.. not like they suck <_< but hey be the turd sandwich of the group. 

One thing that gets lost is the fact that we are playing without Trufant, Clayborn, Ish, Shelby, Spoon, Collins. At one point on the field we had a converted center(Garland) a converted LB(Upsahaw), and a converted WR(Goodwin) on defense with 4 rookies. There are no excuses in football but fans have lofty expectations.

25 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Maybe it was my vantage point from the stands. Didn't realize Beasley was spying