Worrilow

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/19/2016 at 4:30 AM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Other than the two Keth Brooking tackles, he looks lean, and had a nice pass defense. He isn't as fast as Devo but he is a more effective tackler. He lead the team when he was starting. He is awesome depth to have. Also can someone explain why Brooks Reed get so many snaps? 

I'm happy to explain why Reed got so many snaps.  From PFF defensive grades for the Falcons Vs SF:

Top defensive grades:

LB Paul Worrilow, 84.0

ED Brooks Reed, 83.7

LB Deion Jones, 83.5

S Keanu Neal, 83.3

S Ricardo Allen, 76.9

Make sense? 

On 12/19/2016 at 5:30 AM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Other than the two Keth Brooking tackles, he looks lean, and had a nice pass defense. He isn't as fast as Devo but he is a more effective tackler. He lead the team when he was starting. He is awesome depth to have. Also can someone explain why Brooks Reed get so many snaps? 

because Brooks Reed is a BOSS. if you are implying he doesn't deserve his snaps let me know so I can block you.

10 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I trust Worrilow and Wheeler out there right now more than I trust Campbell.  He's looked good coming off the bench but I think that was a big thing for most of us.  He was a solid role player but was forced into a starting role.

Campbell is just fine. Everybody is wanting worrilow to start until HIS liabilities show up which is athletic ability. I'd rather have Campbell against Carolina because they have too much speed and size. And Campbell wasn't forced into a starting role. He beat worrilow out fair and square. It was a highly watched and followed position battle. 

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Campbell is just fine. Everybody is wanting worrilow to start until HIS liabilities show up which is athletic ability. I'd rather have Campbell against Carolina because they have too much speed and size. And Campbell wasn't forced into a starting role. He beat worrilow out fair and square. It was a highly watched and followed position battle. 

Who said he was forced?  

Yea he won, I just think Campbell has struggled in recent weeks.  Understandable to a degree because he's young but I have no issue with Worrilow or Wheeler getting more snaps right now.  Not because they'll play lights out but because I think Campbell has looked lost at times in the last 4 weeks.  I'd be ok with it.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:30 AM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I wouldn't mind Worrilow at starting SLB. I think it might be his best fit and hides his speed/lack of coverage ability by putting him as more of an edge defender than linebacker.

19 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I think his athletic ability is underrated. I think he looks slow because he takes terrible angles and doesn't react fast enough like Jones does. That's the main reason why I think Worrilow was beat out.. he just doesn't diagnose plays quick enough. 

I don't think he's all that functionally athletic. He tests well but lacks the ability to turn those raw tools into functional productive tools. Largely for the reasons you've set forth here. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Carasik said:

I wouldn't mind Worrilow at starting SLB. I think it might be his best fit and hides his speed/lack of coverage ability by putting him as more of an edge defender than linebacker.

Now this I agree with Scott. Replacing Campbell with Worrilow would be a mistake. SLB is a good move because it protects his weaknesses but can he set the edge in the 4-3 under? 

26 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I think his athletic ability is underrated. I think he looks slow because he takes terrible angles and doesn't react fast enough like Jones does. That's the main reason why I think Worrilow was beat out.. he just doesn't diagnose plays quick enough. 

I don't think his athletic ability is underrated. He can do some things. His sideline to sideline game speed is slower than it should be and he just can't run with fast backs or TE's. Clock speed and game speed are two different things. His game speed is always a step too slow u less it's a run. Occasionally he makes a play in the passing game but for the most part speed will kill him. 

38 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

Who said he was forced?  

Yea he won, I just think Campbell has struggled in recent weeks.  Understandable to a degree because he's young but I have no issue with Worrilow or Wheeler getting more snaps right now.  Not because they'll play lights out but because I think Campbell has looked lost at times in the last 4 weeks.  I'd be ok with it.

You did. You said he was forced into a starting role. Maybe you were talking about somebody else but it sounded like you were talking about Campbell the way the sentence was structured.