Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread

1,270 posts in this topic

Just now, Brave Nu Werld said:

Looking at this field on TV makes me realize what a craphole Turner Field was. 

It was located in a bad spot too. Nothing around it. At this one you can literally spend all day and night there.

Atlanta 66 likes this

I'm glad they left downtown. There's enough congestion there. They said most people who attended came from North Georgia. Now you can attend a game without going all the way into downtown.

Atlanta 66 likes this

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Plenty of room for more pennants now.

That's right. But I'm disappointed that the retired numbers are down in Monument Garden now and aren't publicly displayed outside in the stadium like the pennants.

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'm glad they left downtown. There's enough congestion there. They said most people who attended came from North Georgia. Now you can attend a game without going all the way into downtown.

Right. And I get that and understand that too. It's disappointing to me because I take I-20 from Birmingham through Atlanta on my way to South Carolina all the time and one of the great things was being able to see the same from the interstate. Also there were times where I'd drive over for a game and didn't have to go out of my way to get there. Like last time I went to South Carolina in April 2015, we also went to the Braves game on Jackie Robinson Day. There was no wasted driving effort to go to the game. Just a minor thing for me personally, that's all.

1 minute ago, Brave Nu Werld said:

You'll just have to take 285 north up the west wall then 285 across the top to get to SC. You go to Columbia or Greenville?

Neither. I go to the coast near Charleston.

Oh. That will be a tough go. Charleston is not easy to get to from anywhere. 

Right. My normal route is through the Savanna River Bomb Plant.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

I figured the below the chop section required a special ticket. Be a great place to visit though.

From my understanding you can go down there with a normal ticket but you can also rent it out. I'm sure it will mostly be rentals for business occasions and things of that nature. Bachelor parties, ect.

Must have been on a cruise when that happened. What we get for him?

Well we traded him and Simmons to Seattle and then they turned around and sent him to Tampa right away. 

5 minutes ago, Brave Nu Werld said:

That ball that Textiera hit in the 3rd  looked like just a solid line drive but it missed going out by about 2 feet. 

Who? Teixeira retired.