Falconsfan567

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread

1,269 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, mookie3127 said:

And didn't Toronto trade Farrell to Boston?

Yes, Mike Aviles was traded to Toronto for Farrell.

According to a new report by ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, Braves VP of Baseball Ops John Hart did not know about the rules violations committed by GM John Coppolella. According to the report, those violations included rules in both the international amateur market and the domestic draft.

5 minutes ago, K26dp said:

According to a new report by ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, Braves VP of Baseball Ops John Hart did not know about the rules violations committed by GM John Coppolella. According to the report, those violations included rules in both the international amateur market and the domestic draft.

I just wish they would announce the penalties already so we can accept them and move forward with finding a new GM and focus on the offseason moves needed to improve the team. The suspense of not knowing the penalties is killing me.

Malachore and K26dp like this

Mark Bowman reported former Cubs VP/GM Jim Hendry is a candidate to replace Hart if he's pushed out. He does mention that's only if they can't lure Dayton. Hendry has been an advisor and special scout for Cashman and the Yankees since 2012.

Braves DFA'd Micah Johnson, he was claimed by San Francisco. Turns out the Reds got him last week and then they DFA'd him which led to him going to SF. 

8 hours ago, K26dp said:

Really dislike that, hated most of Hendry's direction when he ran the Cubs.

Same here. He had no idea what he was doing when he was in charge of the Cubs.

DOB said Hart's job isn't safe despite reports he was innocent. He said the list of candidates to be GM and/or president of operations consist of Cherington, Hendry, Jennings and Doug Harris. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

10 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

DOB said Hart's job isn't safe despite reports he was innocent. He said the list of candidates to be GM and/or president of operations consist of Cherington, Hendry, Jennings and Doug Harris. 

So we've given up on Dayton Moore?

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I don't think he can be listed unless they can interview him. 

Malachore likes this

14 hours ago, Malachore said:

I think we have to ask permission and if Dayton Moore agrees then it is about compensation. 

32 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I think we have to ask permission and if Dayton Moore agrees then it is about compensation. 

Yep, KC has already denied us permission. It's either we reach an agreement with them on compensation if Moore leaves KC or we move on. Moore is also holding to see if Hart goes. Dayton wants the president of baseball ops title. He will not answer to Hart. 

9 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yep, KC has already denied us permission. It's either we reach an agreement with them on compensation if Moore leaves KC or we move on. Moore is also holding to see if Hart goes. Dayton wants the president of baseball ops title. He will not answer to Hart. 

Moore as Pres of Bball ops and Ben Cherington as GM.  Thoughts?

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Moore as Pres of Bball ops and Ben Cherington as GM.  Thoughts?

I would be jumping for joy if that happened but don't hold your breath.