Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread

1,270 posts in this topic

Ender said he spent part of the day with Markakis expressing the importance of backing each other up along the RF wall because it's brick. If not played right the ball could bounce off the wall pretty hard.

51 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Ender said he spent part of the day with Markakis expressing the importance of backing each other up along the RF wall because it's brick. If not played right the ball could bounce off the wall pretty hard.

It's gonna take some getting used to calling it the Coors Light Chop House after all those years as the Budweiser Chop House. Anyone know why the sponsorship change was made?

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's gonna take some getting used to calling it the Coors Light Chop House after all those years as the Budweiser Chop House. Anyone know why the sponsorship change was made?

Usually this happens when a contract expires and another sponsor offers more money. :ninja:

Just now, K26dp said:

Usually this happens when a contract expires and another sponsor offers more money. :ninja:

Well naturally, guess I didn't realize that Budweiser's contract was up. Maybe that's the question I'm asking, had we stayed at The Ted would they have changed the signs and everything?

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I believe officially it was just the Chop House or Braves Chop House at Turner. Budweiser just had a big ad on the front of the building.

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

I believe officially it was just the Chop House or Braves Chop House at Turner. Budweiser just had a big ad on the front of the building.

I distinctly remember going to games and hearing it called the Budweiser Chop House. That's the way it was advertised. I mean it doesn't really mean anything. Just something that caught my attention.

BTW, have you checked out these pictures? This would be such an awesome place to watch the game. Love the field level access.

If you want an enhanced look into SunTrust you can check out Braves Live at 5:30 tonight. They're doing a 2 hour show to focus on the new ballpark prior to the game.

Atlanta 66 likes this

Cabrera will start the season on the DL. No damage of any kind. He just needs to rest it and then the doctors think he'll be good to go.

Jim Bowden says a "club source" told him the Braves are still in contact with Pagan. Probably waiting to see how far his price drops.

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves sent Chapman to AAA. That means they've got something in the works or it's Hernandez and Roe to fill out the bullpen.

Wait? Everything I saw said Chapman was out of options.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wait? Everything I saw said Chapman was out of options.

Thats correct. He's actually been outrighted for now. Have to clear waivers before he can make it to AAA

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jim Bowden says a "club source" told him the Braves are still in contact with Pagan. Probably waiting to see how far his price drops.

Mark Bowman debunked this. He said everyone hes talked to told him theres been no recent contact.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Thats correct. He's actually been outrighted for now. Have to clear waivers before he can make it to AAA

I don't think that will happen because I thought Chapman pitched well. Someone will pick him up.

58 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Snitker told the media they're leaning toward 7 in the bullpen. He must know something we don't.

We have to be in the process of bringing in someone.

The glove rental at SunTrust is completely free. You put a credit card down in case you don't return it but otherwise just turn it in and it's no charge.