Shanahan basically said 'Bring on the Head Coach Interviews'

I've already accepted that he's gone next year. I don't even blame him. The LA job is glamorous and the team is beyond half way built. He'd have to start from scratch in Indy aside from Luck and Hilton, they have nothing. He'll need a no.1 wide out in LA and a couple pieces on OL to be a playoff team. Idk what free agency is looking like but it could be possible they go from 4-12 to 12-4 next year  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I'm more curious of what Ryan will be doing after Shanny leaves. That'll be like 26 diff playbook in like 5 years. I don't question his mental make-up or his passion for the game but, $hit that's gotta take a toll on a man

Maybe he can turn into Manning and be his own OC :)

1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I've already accepted that he's gone next year. I don't even blame him. The LA job is glamorous and the team is beyond half way built. He'd have to start from scratch in Indy aside from Luck and Hilton, they have nothing. He'll need a no.1 wide out in LA and a couple pieces on OL to be a playoff team. Idk what free agency is looking like but it could be possible they go from 4-12 to 12-4 next year  

What do they have in goff? No one knows. He can win games in indy. 

1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I agree, LA would be a very attractive opportunity for new young HC like Shanny or MCDaniels. 

18 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Xs and Os? He was born for it. Being a leader of men? That is whats lacking. The only job he takes is Indy.....winnable division and a qb. But we shall see.

I didn't realize you played for Kyle to know how his leadership skills were inside the locker room and on Sundays?!

Also didn't realize you had any insider information regarding the only job he will take is Indy.

Reveal yourself, mysterious internet NFL insider!

Or don't and just piss off, that would work too since you don't really know squat!  :tiphat:

1 minute ago, athell said:

I didn't realize you played for Kyle to know how his leadership skills were inside the locker room and on Sundays?!

Also didn't realize you had any insider information regarding the only job he will take is Indy.

Reveal yourself, mysterious internet NFL insider!

Or don't and just piss off, that would work too since you don't really know squat!  :tiphat:

No, just actually listen to what players say who play for him now and in the past. I don't believe i said that i played for him......i could be wrong.

even coaches that  coached with him in his last 2 stops had remarks about his personality.  

Similar things were said about josh McDaniel going into the rams.

Why do you have to be an nfl insider to read?

3 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

No, just actually listen to what players say who play for him now and in the past. I don't believe i said that i played for him......i could be wrong.

even coaches that  coached with him in his last 2 stops had remarks about his personality.  

Similar things were said about josh McDaniel going into the rams.

Why do you have to be an nfl insider to read?

Tell me what players have said about him not being a leader of men.

Also tell me when Kyle said he would only take the Indy job.

47 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I agree with this......I think he is 2-3 years away from that gig. But you know....egos can do weird stuff to a person. Especially since he is getting all the accolades from the media right now.

When you are up for your next promotion, please let me know so I, as someone who knows nothing about you, can let you know if you're ready or not and question your ego for wanting to take the promotion.

You guys are ridiculous.  Thinking you have any clue how Kyle is, what he thinks or if he is ready or not, lol.  So dumb.

I cannot wait for this to be over so we can move on from this topic.

10 hours ago, athell said:

When you are up for your next promotion, please let me know so I, as someone who knows nothing about you, can let you know if you're ready or not and question your ego for wanting to take the promotion.

You guys are ridiculous.  Thinking you have any clue how Kyle is, what he thinks or if he is ready or not, lol.  So dumb.

I cannot wait for this to be over so we can move on from this topic.

You could use a few meds to lower your aggressive nature.

On 12/17/2016 at 10:01 AM, Wardog357 said:

I agree with this......I think he is 2-3 years away from that gig. But you know....egos can do weird stuff to a person. Especially since he is getting all the accolades from the media right now.

He's not 2-3 years away. He's been working for a HC gig his entire life, and assuming Falcons keep trekking along into playoffs he'll get his HC offers This  offseason. 

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He's not 2-3 years away. He's been working for a HC gig his entire life, and assuming Falcons keep trekking along into playoffs he'll get his HC offers This  offseason. 

No Vandy, clearly Internet poster Wardog357 knows when someone he has never met will be ready for a job.  Even though he has been in the league coaching for years and whose dad has been a head coach his whole life but yeah I'm sure he's not ready because of...made up reasons...

Edited by athell
22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Maybe, but it's hardly a given.

There's a series of assumptions about Shanahan leaving this off season, none of which are necessarily true.

1, KS is the hottest HC candidate, not really, there's a half a dozen candidates that could be considered front runners over Shanahan

2. That he will interview. He may not a get a chance with a deep playoff run, he may say no to the interview-he'd hardly be the first to say no.

3, That he will be offered a job. He may interview poorly or he may make demands that the team won't meet.

4. That he'll take the job. Yeah, if he's offered a job, he'll probably take it, but, still, he wouldn't be the first to turn down a job. Smith was the 3rd or 4th option for the falcons when he was hired. The others turned down the interviews.

1st two  points are where Shanahan could lose out. A deep playoff run would mean fewer interview opportunities and he may not be in as much demand as the board thinks.

All I'm saying is it's just not 100% he's gone after this year- may be closer to 60-40 than 100-0. Even if it's 80-90%, still leaves 10-20% chance he stays.

For all of those thinking, "Yeah, but he's the best person for the job", how often have teams made the absolute wrong choice for a coaching hire?

14 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

You could use a few meds to lower your aggressive nature.

LOL, dude, this is a scary opinion to me.  WTF??  In a world where men are being chastised for being men and the progressive nonsense is so rampant that they try to brainwash our young people that men and women are the same... it's out of control.  I guess you have bought into the whole docile, don't speak your opinion or be loud or vigorously defend your beliefs type of thing.  I am in disbelief of what I just read above!  God made men to be men!  He made women to be women.  It has nothing to do with their ability to succeed or be independent.  The family is breaking down and there is an attack on the institution of marriage etc etc etc.  My gosh, we now have a push from sick, secular, crazies who want to open our public restrooms to confused people.  Oh my, how do we label our restrooms now LOL.  If I ever saw a man enter a restroom where my girls were present.  I know, as a man who understands who I am, what I would have to do.  And I could do it without harming anyone. And here you are telling someone on a message board that he needs to be put on meds for speaking something that you consider aggressive.  Simply my personal opinion here.