Shanahan basically said 'Bring on the Head Coach Interviews'

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

I think it depends on how the season ends. If we win a playoff game or two that might entice him to come back next season.

Why though? Why turn down a significant pay raise just to remain offensive coordinator. Not to say he would even be a good head coach but why even turn down the pay raise and opportunity to find out

As with any of these types of situations it depends on how desperate the teams are. If Indy gives him full control of the roster and $10 million a year (being hyperbolic here) then yeah, he'd be a fool not to.

That said, I think this team is on the precipice of something special. Those opportunities don't come around often. Besides, a Super Bowl winning OC is way better than a "leads the league in yardage" if you're looking for a new head coach.

Arch said he was asked to give at least 4 years, which is pretty much what happens for new head coaches, also said Matt lafluer was in college last year or something and in no way would be able to call plays, basically he said he would be surprised if he was gone but if he is, there isnt anyone else that can really run his system, its a combination of a lot of things, we would have to bring in another zone guy from his Dads tree etc.

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why though? Why turn down a significant pay raise just to remain offensive coordinator. Not to say he would even be a good head coach but why even turn down the pay raise and opportunity to find out

I think unless there's a job that he absolutely covets this offeseason, then there will be other coaching jobs available next offseason as well. Not to say Shanny's resume needs anymore added to it...but the Falcons  personnel can add to it 

If it's one thing I learned about getting the job you want, it's interviewing is never a bad thing. Gets you use to the line of questioning, gets you more in tune with the process overall if it's not something you do on a regular basis. Dude might not leave this year, but he's going to interview to get a feel for the process.

10 hours ago, atljbo said:

I don't think he will jump at any job but He has said many times that he wants to be a head coach ... 

I do think he will either go to the rams or colts this offseason

Buffalo.   Lashaun Mccoy and some serious speed in the receiving core with Watkins, Woods and Goodwin.   This is where I would lay my money. 

9 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Shanahan comes off to me as the type of person to want a specific set of prerequisites before joining a team. I also think he wants to be successful right out of the gate. As of right now I don't believe there is a team, that has or will have a coach opening, that will allow him to be as successful as he wants to be. If he were to go anywhere I would think it would be Indy. Franchise QB and a Star WR. He'll need to overhaul that oline though. 

I think what he wants above all else is the kind of power Belichick and Quinn have.

23 minutes ago, Beachwitter said:

Buffalo.   Lashaun Mccoy and some serious speed in the receiving core with Watkins, Woods and Goodwin.   This is where I would lay my money. 

NSW .. You have to deal with the hoody and Brady ... To me the best job is the jags .

Bad division ... Young qbthat you can fix and a lot of young talent ... And a owner that will pay mega bucks 

3 hours ago, hotlanta said:

If Shanahan does indeed leave for a head coaching position, then we promote Matt LaFleur to OC. He's worked under Shanahan for several years now and knows the system perfectly. My only concern would be, LaFleur following Shanahan and becoming his OC...

The guy from "Friends"???  lol

I believe that Les Snead wants him it LA. Ironic that Fisher sucked all season, and gets fired after a loss to us. A game in which the defense played well for them. Despite having injuries. The source of that offense is awful. They have no plays in their playbook that caters to Goff. The number one pick in the NFL Draft. 

This is what I take from all of Kyles interviews.  To me he seems like he is someone who has been humbled by the league over time.  All of his responses and speeches has some part of it where he says " I've learned in this league." and it seems to me that he takes those lessons he's learned to heart.  I'd bet my bottom dollar this guy is dialed into beating the 49ers this week and not thinking about a head coaching gig.  If by some miracle we end up hoisting the Lombardi he will have done his job and put out the best job resume he could for that head coaching position.

10 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Did you hear how many times he was mentioned during TNF? His name was brought up at least 7 times and the Rams aren't even the only team in need of a HC.

I'm just saying it's a bigger possibility than people are leading on.

Man that's all I hard last night smh. Getting Goff on the move in a shanny like system.  

This topic man...let's just skip to the Falcons hoisting the Lombardi so we can stop hearing about all this speculation and opinions founded on nothing by some of these pocket GMs on this board acting like they know what is best for KS or what he or franchises want or need lol.

55 minutes ago, Begotten912 said:

This is only his 2nd successful season as a coordinator and he thinks he's HC material now?

Some of ya'll are just too much :D

21 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

There is still Josh McDaniels.

No.  Matt Ryan doesn't need a 4th system.  And this one plays to every one of his strengths.

There are a ton of good WCO coordinator options out there.  No reason to change the system now that it's paying dividends.

Just now, JDaveG said:

No.  Matt Ryan doesn't need a 4th system.  And this one plays to every one of his strengths.

There are a ton of good WCO coordinator options out there.  No reason to change the system now that it's paying dividends.

I think he meant, there is still McDaniels for the Rams HC spot, not to be our OC...but I could be wrong.

McDaniels is another one that will be a head coach next season, he's probably not looking for a lateral move at this point in his career.