Shanahan basically said 'Bring on the Head Coach Interviews'

oxygencube

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanahan comes off to me as the type of person to want a specific set of prerequisites before joining a team. I also think he wants to be successful right out of the gate. As of right now I don't believe there is a team, that has or will have a coach opening, that will allow him to be as successful as he wants to be. If he were to go anywhere I would think it would be Indy. Franchise QB and a Star WR. He'll need to overhaul that oline though. 

18 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Man, these dudes wouldn't believe Shanahan's leaving even if he got hired right now.

They won't believe it until he's coaching for Indiana in week 7 of his next season. 

You're right. He's obviously already signed the contract behind closed doors. The interviews happened during the bye week.

Tampering be ****ed. :ninja:

Just now, hjerry said:

You're right. He's obviously alright signed the contract behind closed doors. The interviews happened during the bye week.

Tampering be ****ed. :ninja:

Did you hear how many times he was mentioned during TNF? His name was brought up at least 7 times and the Rams aren't even the only team in need of a HC.

I'm just saying it's a bigger possibility than people are leading on.

1 hour ago, abstract said:

Dude isn't going to jump at the first gig he gets offerered.  He had head coaching interviews the last couple of years as well.  

If if he gets offered from Indy or Green Bay you have to think he would take it.  We'll see.

That's ridiculous. If he gets an offer, he's gone. I see him in Jacksonville.

14 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Did you hear how many times he was mentioned during TNF? His name was brought up at least 7 times and the Rams aren't even the only team in need of a HC.

I'm just saying it's a bigger possibility than people are leading on.

Of course it's possibility, a big one even. It's just not predetermined is all. 

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Man, these dudes wouldn't believe Shanahan's leaving even if he got hired right now.

They won't believe it until he's coaching for Indiana in week 7 of his next season. 

Almost half of the responses before yours said he was probably gone. Your timing and placement were kind of off here.

1 hour ago, abstract said:

Dude isn't going to jump at the first gig he gets offerered.  He had head coaching interviews the last couple of years as well.  

If if he gets offered from Indy or Green Bay you have to think he would take it.  We'll see.

This is right on point here.

Hes not going to jump at just anything.I think the ability to work with a good QB has shown that's where he'll most likely land.

Like you mentioned both teams have that and if one of those jobs came up I think we're in trouble trying to hold onto him.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is right on point here.

Hes not going to jump at just anything.I think the ability to work with a good QB has shown that's where he'll most likely land.

Like you mentioned both teams have that and if one of those jobs came up I think we're in trouble trying to hold onto him.

Mccarthy isnt going anywhere. Green Bay fans are pissed at him cause GB might not make the playoffs for the first time in ages, but that doesnt mean anything. Sometimes teams just have bad years. Rodgers is back to being Rodgers so as long as hes lighting people up, the Packers headcoach isn't on the hotseat.