Falcons would host Giants in latest NFL playoff Mock...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Everyone keeps writing "The _____________ will beat the Bucs." It's been happening for, oh, five weeks now. The Bucs made the Seahawks look pretty sad.

Granted Seattle's home field advantage is no joke.

But the Bucs are in no way a sure 1-and-done in the playoffs. They're doing what you always hope for your own team, getting really hot at the end of the season.

The Falcons beat the Bucs dropping 43 and nearly 500 yards. They're so scary we rested our starters in the 4th Q.

I'm not saying we can't beat the Giants, but I don't care for that matchup.

They got 3Cbs that can cover pretty well plus L. Collins back there. They have a pass rush that can affect the QB, (JPP???), and they can score on offense depending on which Eli shows up.

They will stop us some on offense, so our defense will have to get some stops. Defense is getting better, aside from the shaky starts.

I think there are other more favorable possibilities out there, but this is the most likely. At home, we should win, but they are a good team.

LMAO at anybody wanting any part of the Giants at home in the first round. Sitting at 9-4. Fresh off beating the best team in the NFL. Served up their only two losses this year. On a 7-1 run, with the lone loss a 10 point road game in PIT. Defense allowed 17.0 over that stretch. Have a QB and WRs that could give our putrid pass defense the business. Also have a 24-2 beat down of us under their playoff belts. I think I'd rather get a rematch against SEA on the road in the first round. We are a dam good road team. We suck monkey balls at home. Careful what you pray for TATF, you might just get it.

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

If the playoffs started today in the NFC:

WILDCARD

Giants at Falcons

Buccaneers at Seahawks

I see Atlanta beating the Giants at home and traveling to Dallas in the divisional round as it stands right now.  The Seahawks will beat the Buccaneers and travel to Detroit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

well well

2 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Everyone keeps writing "The _____________ will beat the Bucs." It's been happening for, oh, five weeks now. The Bucs made the Seahawks look pretty sad.

But the Bucs are in no way a sure 1-and-done in the playoffs. They're doing what you always hope for your own team, getting really hot at the end of the season.

Right.  The same as everyone keeps assuming that the Cowboys will wrap up HFA.  If they lose out, and us and Tampa Wins out, then what?

3 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I agree -- that D is nasty.

[Insert Jamal Anderson joke here]

23 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Really don't want to face the Giants. Only team that truly scares me. 

Aside from possibly Seattle in Seattle, they are the last team I would want to play also.

We can beat them, if the defense plays well, but they pose some possible matchup concerns on both sides of the ball really like I said above.

We will see. Still a lot of football to go.

6 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

The first playoff W for ATL was against the Saints in 1991

Nope that was the PHI win in 1978. I was there. Cold, rainy and windy Christmas Eve mud Bowl at AFCS. A real sleeper of a game. I believe it was something like 13-0 til late in the 4th when the Gritz Blitz put Jaworski on his as and Bart went deep a couple times for the win.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Nope that was the PHI win in 1978. I was there. Cold, rainy and windy Christmas Eve mud Bowl at AFCS. A real sleeper of a game. I believe it was something like 13-0 til late in the 4th when the Gritz Blitz put Jaworski on his as and Bart went deep a couple times for the win.

You're right, I was thinking playoff road game.

The point remains - division opponents played each other in the 1st round.

With our Falcons, I'm not looking past anyone in the playoffs especially the Giants. Eli Manning is ridiculous in the playoffs - say what you want about him, and who you'd rather have lead your team. But, in the playoffs Eli Manning simply gets it done, where Ryan hasn't done well at all!

16 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Keep in mind the playoffs are a different world and they're being lead by Koetter and Smitty as well as a super young QB with no experience. Remember when they took us to the playoffs?

Edited by Begotten912
2 hours ago, Begotten912 said:

Keep in mind the playoffs are a different world and they're being lead by Koetter and Smitty as well as a super young QB with no experience. Remember when they took us to the playoffs?

Ha, I do indeed.

Let's hope, if that IS the match-up, Smitty's playoff woes in the Georgia Dome continue.

He might as well lose one more there before it's demolished. For old times' sake.

17 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I will just be glad when I know for sure we're in..

As I look at the potential playoff teams the only one that scares me  is Green Bay...I think they match up well against us...

I believe we can handle anyone else

I don't care much for Dallas, not just for old times' sake. I think they are a tough match-up for our D also. But if we're talking shoot-outs, we're the best in the league at scoring. Just gotta keep doing what we do.