Falcons would host Giants in latest NFL playoff Mock...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slickgadawg said:

If the playoffs started today in the NFC:

WILDCARD

Giants at Falcons

Buccaneers at Seahawks

I see Atlanta beating the Giants at home and traveling to Dallas in the divisional round as it stands right now.  The Seahawks will beat the Buccaneers and travel to Detroit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Everyone keeps writing "The _____________ will beat the Bucs." It's been happening for, oh, five weeks now. The Bucs made the Seahawks look pretty sad.

Granted Seattle's home field advantage is no joke.

But the Bucs are in no way a sure 1-and-done in the playoffs. They're doing what you always hope for your own team, getting really hot at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Everyone keeps writing "The _____________ will beat the Bucs." It's been happening for, oh, five weeks now. The Bucs made the Seahawks look pretty sad.

Granted Seattle's home field advantage is no joke.

But the Bucs are in no way a sure 1-and-done in the playoffs. They're doing what you always hope for your own team, getting really hot at the end of the season.

Thats all true. In fact, with the rumblings of Carroll possibly leaving for the Rams job added to all that, the Buccaneers could win that game.

9 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Thats all true. In fact, with the rumblings of Carroll possibly leaving for the Rams job added to all that, the Buccaneers could win that game.

Huh, hadn't heard that about Carroll. Interesting.

Without actually looking into it, I imagine there are scenarios where the Bucs would head to Atlanta in Round 1 (or vice versa if we slip up with the division and manage a wildcard).

At the moment, we're the last team who beat the Bucs. And we beat them SOUNDLY. But that isn't the same time we saw on Nov. 3rd.

Would be an interesting match-up for sure.

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

OMG man, Carroll isn't going anywhere. He himself laughed at that notion. Leave the team you coached to two Super Bowls and won one with one; that has one of the best young QBs in the league for a team that's a giant question mark? Come on, don't feed into the media drivel.

Edited by JerseyNo12
2 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Huh, hadn't heard that about Carroll! Interesting.

Without actually looking into it, I imagine there are scenarios where the Bucs would head to Atlanta in Round 1 (or vice versa if we slip up with the division and manage a wildcard).

At the moment, we're the last team who beat the Bucs. And we beat them SOUNDLY. But that isn't the same time we saw on Nov. 3rd.

he was on the rams "wish" list along with harbaugh. supposedly both have expressed no interest.

Just now, raysnill1 said:

I mean an embarrasing beatdown in the playoffs I remember the shutout, but again it means more in that post-season cause remember didn't they win the Superbowl that year as well. That made that loss even worse. 

I would be fine with a win over the Giants and a trip to Dallas. I would rather play there in a dome against a weak D and rookie QB than go to Seattle and play against the Seahawks and the refs again.

That said, SEA looks real weak now without Thomas on defense, and I don't know they can beat TB.

I would be even happier with a trip to Detroit in round 2 then know DAL/TB are the last hurdle to the big game! While I think we can beat DAL, that run game worries me, and rather let TB take a shot at knocking them out.

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I would be fine with a win over the Giants and a trip to Dallas. I would rather play there in a dome against a weak D and rookie QB than go to Seattle and play against the Seahawks and the refs again.

That said, SEA looks real weak now without Thomas on defense, and I don't know they can beat TB.

I would be even happier with a trip to Detroit in round 2 then know DAL/TB are the last hurdle to the big game! While I think we can beat DAL, that run game worries me, and rather let TB take a shot at knocking them out.

Yall got me rethinking that Seattle pick. I didn't know Thomas was out. If the refs stay out of the way, the Buccaneers could beat Seattle. If the Falcons slip, they may have to travel to Seattle instead of the Buccaneers.

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Yall got me rethinking that Seattle pick. I didn't know Thomas was out. If the refs stay out of the way, the Buccaneers could beat Seattle. If the Falcons slip, they may have to travel to Seattle instead of the Buccaneers.

yeah, he done for the year...broke his leg I think.

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I'd be happier beating the Giants in the wildcard round, then taking a dump on the Seahawks in Seattle in the divisional round, and then wrap up the NFC championship by spanking the Cowboys--again. Then I would love to see the Raiders in the Super Bowl because my closest buddy is a Raiders fan and he's planning to go to Houston to tailgate if they make the bowl and I'm thinking of meeting him down there.

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I'm not sure the Seahawks will run the table. I think Arizona could beat them. 

the Rams might beat them tonight. stranger things have happened. I remember how hard the Falcons played for coach Thomas those last 3 games in 2007. the first game was a mess because of the way Piggy left but the next 2 games those guys had more fight in them than they had the whole season. the Rams might fight for this interim coach tonight

4 minutes ago, TonyMartin80 said:

Rams always give seattle trouble.

3 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

the Rams might beat them tonight. stranger things have happened. I remember how hard the Falcons played for coach Thomas those last 3 games in 2007. the first game was a mess because of the way Piggy left but the next 2 games those guys had more fight in them than they had the whole season. the Rams might fight for this interim coach tonight

I really hope y'all are right. It's going to take a big performance from the Rams D for this one to be close. Goff can't give away any points to Seattle either. 

I have a feeling this one could get ugly. Hope to be wrong. 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

I really hope y'all are right. It's going to take a big performance from the Rams D for this one to be close. Goff can't give away any points to Seattle either. 

I have a feeling this one could get ugly. Hope to be wrong. 

I think Seattle wins big, but I'm just saying stranger things have happened.

4 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

I think Seattle wins big, but I'm just saying stranger things have happened.

You are definitely right. I see that too. I'm just not sure tonight is one of those stranger moments. 

Although I do remember a terrible Colts team beat a playoff bound Texans team in 2010. 

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

If the playoffs started today in the NFC:

WILDCARD

Giants at Falcons

Buccaneers at Seahawks

I see Atlanta beating the Giants at home and traveling to Dallas in the divisional round as it stands right now.  The Seahawks will beat the Buccaneers and travel to Detroit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Seahawks go one and done in this scenario. They are not that good this year and the Bucs already gave it em once

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Huh, hadn't heard that about Carroll. Interesting.

They used the have a rule that division opponents couldn't meet in the WC round.  Did they throw that out when they realigned?