Trufant or Berry?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. In light of the recent extension for Rocky Alford and the continued improvement of Jalen Collins, if given the choice (and you can only have one), would you prefer to re-sign Desmond Trufant or to sign Eric Berry at FS?

• Trufant!
    • Berry!
    • Perfectly happy with either!

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Eric Berry - DOB - 12/29/1988 - Age 27

Desmond Trufant - DOB - 09/10/1990 - Age 26

So basically, two years age difference minus a few months. That is not "quite a bit younger."

Sorry. He's been in the league 3 years longer and survived cancer.  It doesn't seem like a long time.... How about weighing in instead of telling me my opinion is wrong?

I would go with Tru but I chose Berry simply for the turnover aspect. Tru can lock down a receiver but it won't matter because we get killed underneath. I would rather have Berry because we are an offensive team. If he can get just a few turnovers and keep teams from going deep, I think that will lead to more wins. 

Teams don't even throw towards Trufant and we still have one of the worst passing D.

I love Trufant. ..but I chose Berry...that center field safety is vital in this scheme. ...look at some of the corners that thrived in that system in Seattle. ..and went to a new team and struggled. ..so i dont think a lock down corner is necessary. ..and from a business stand point. ..Berry would be cheaper. ..allowing more cap for the Line...

4 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Sorry. He's been in the league 3 years longer and survived cancer.  It doesn't seem like a long time.... How about weighing in instead of telling me my opinion is wrong?

I voted.

Don't get all bent out of shape because you were wrong about Berry being "quite a bit older" than Trufant. You're not the first one. For some reason there's this general thought on here that Berry is much older than he really is. But that's usually the case on here.

19 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I voted.

Don't get all bent out of shape because you were wrong about Berry being "quite a bit older" than Trufant. You're not the first one. For some reason there's this general thought on here that Berry is much older than he really is. But that's usually the case on here.

Hardly bent out of shape bro. I admittedly thought Berry was closer to 30 but I'm not sour about being wrong. He's still be in the league 3 years longer... 

Berry is also the better player though. 

I love Tru, but I have to go with Berry. His skill set and presence would make this secondary and possibly entire defense a lot better. Imagine him next to Neal, lining players up in the right position making plays all over the top. A tough playmaking FS playing high, with a hard hitting SS in the box and over the middle would be huge in our secondary. Not to mention, a few more pieces (DE, DT) on the Dline. 

Berry is capable of playing either safety position at an elite level.  He can pretty much do anything in the secondary at an  elite level.  If I could think of a perfect role for him though it would be at FS in our defense.  His range and instincts would provide an immediate game changing impact there.  They just don't make safeties like this very often.  

8 hours ago, Lornoth said:

With how we've been drafting, I'll keep Tru and let Quinn pick his new FS in the draft. Won't lie, if we keep Alford only to let Tru walk I'll be pretty annoyed.

Agreed. You never let s Top 5 CB walk unless his demands are way ridiculous. 

See Carolina and all their problems this year. 

FS is an area we can improve, but it's not a complete disaster like DT is. Like you said Quinn/TD can address FS in 2nd or 3rd round of draft.