"His detractors keep on asking how long Trump can keep on defying gravity. They are asking the wrong question. They should be asking how their form of criticism is strengthening Trump.

This all illustrates four important points about strategy. First, understand and empathize with your customers. When they are doing something that you think is crazy, don’t blame them. They aren’t a “basket of deplorables.” They are your customers. Don’t explain why they are making a terrible choice when they choose your competitor’s product. Understand why they are buying it and give them a compelling reason to buy yours instead.

Second, don’t underestimate your competitor; it is dangerous. A smart competitor will gleefully allow the underestimation to continue, and may encourage it. Trump understood that it was essential to keep his competitor from waking up to his strategy, so he worked to reinforce her blindness by unfailingly acting infuriatingly politically incorrect.

Third, when things don’t go your way, don’t blame your downfall on events outside your control. Every strategist faces these issues; the best strategists learn not to scapegoat them. But what has the entire Democratic-leaning universe done in this case? They have blamed Russian interference. Russian interference didn’t win Trump the election; a bland Democratic strategy interacted with a clever Trump strategy to put Trump in a position where, under just the right circumstances, he could squeak out a narrow victory.

This leads to the final lesson: Strategy really matters. Clinton ran an exceedingly competent campaign, with lots of experienced managers, an abundance of planning, high levels of investment, and careful attention to best practices. However, the strategy was underwhelming. She sold customers what she desired them to want: a product that was compelling to her and her management team. She underestimated her competitor until the middle of election night. And there is no sign that she or her team even now understands what really happened."

• Replies 96.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving for posterity...just sayin'

Besides some of the negatives (like some dumb tweets) I'm getting what I voted for.  I wanted an outsider who was willing to change the old status quo Washington and (GOP) and take care of the nasty,

That's your fall back, I should've just posted that for you to save you some time.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also this:

Quality of Cabinet Appointments Made by Recent Presidents-Elect
How would you rate the appointments President-elect ... has made so far to Cabinet-level positions? Would you say his choices have been -- outstanding, above average, average, below average or poor?
  Outstanding/Above average Average Below average/Poor No opinion
  % % % %
Donald Trump  
2017 Jan 4-8 ^ 32 20 44 4
Barack Obama  
2009 Jan 9-11 ^ 45 38 10 7
George W. Bush  
2001 Jan 5-7 38 43 13 6
Bill Clinton  
1993 Jan 18-19 32 51 12 5
1992 Dec 18-20 32 43 9 1

Hope Trump doesn't see this. His tweet finger will get a blister.

On 1/9/2017 at 9:52 AM, Jimsmusic™ said:

man trump getting jobs here left and right and he has no power yet.. so imagine when he does

No he is not getting jobs here "left and right"

Most of the jobs that are staying or have   been promised are things that were already in motion or have nothing to do with Trump

13 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

No he is not getting jobs here "left and right"

Most of the jobs that are staying or have   been promised are things that were already in motion or have nothing to do with Trump

Just an example

Published November 17

Trump Can't Make Apple's iPhone Manufacturing Come Back

Published November 18

Apple is exploring moving iPhone production to the US

2 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Just an example

Published November 17

Trump Can't Make Apple's iPhone Manufacturing Come Back

Published November 18

Apple is exploring moving iPhone production to the US

It says exploring... not  certainly coming back

And btw http://bgr.com/2016/12/30/iphone-made-in-america/

"Forget #MAGA, Foxconn might build iPhones using only robots"

I hope  you let  Trump shower before  you garged on his sack.

But it is funny.... I do not recall you getting all excited about other companies moving back here..  Oh that is right because it was under Obama some how it does count right???

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/04/23/24-7-wallst-economy-manufacturers-jobs-outsourcing/83406518/

A great example of what I am talking about.

Remember him taking credit for softbank??

That was ready back in Oct.... which in case you forgot was before  the election.

Sprint??   That actually was part of the softbank deal...not 5,000 additional jobs.

The soft bank deal and  some of the other things  are good things for the country,, But  you do not get to spend 8 years downplaying every positive thing that happened under Obama and then cheer-lead trump for  taking credit for things that   he had very little/nothing to do with.

The R's don't know sh!t about healthcare. The majority are wanting to dump the ACA with nothing to take it's place. A few of the smarter R's recognize the danger and  are working to convince their colleagues to wake up. Had Trump been awake this may not have been an issue to try and solve.

3 hours ago, big_dog said:

The R's don't know sh!t about healthcare. The majority are wanting to dump the ACA with nothing to take it's place. A few of the smarter R's recognize the danger and  are working to convince their colleagues to wake up. Had Trump been awake this may not have been an issue to try and solve.

Apparently the D's don't know shyt about it either which is why the number one/two issue for Trump supporters was repealing Obamacare

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, probably not smart of Trump to renew the "lock her up" and "she's guilty as ****" rhetoric just a week before she is scheduled to attend his inauguration.  

Not to mention the whole business regarding the russian hacking scandal and the implications of him possibly colluding in that process.....it may not be smart to start that.

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Not to mention the whole business regarding the russian hacking scandal and the implications of him possibly colluding in that process.....it may not be smart to start that.

LOL! Hentaigate! The election is over the mainstream media and Obama are not your friends.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:56 AM, mdrake34 said:

I know this is going to be perceived as nit-picky, but I am not a fan of Alibaba.  They sell a ton of knock off stuff made overseas where US companies have to right to sue for blatant IP infringement. 

I prefer China out of the U.S. I am sure tired of seeing movies portraying those mass murderers as heroes always bailing us out of trouble.

12 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, probably not smart of Trump to renew the "lock her up" and "she's guilty as ****" rhetoric just a week before she is scheduled to attend his inauguration.  

Why in the h€ll would she attend? Trump is still tweeting about her. She needs to take a hint from John Lewis and skip the inauguration. (unless it's to join the thousands going to protest)

1 minute ago, big_dog said:

Why in the h€ll would she attend? Trump is still tweeting about her. She needs to take a hint from John Lewis and skip the inauguration. (unless it's to join the thousands going to protest)

I think that John Lewis is being very irresponsible with his "illegitimate" language.  It's not helpful and it's not based on any evidence.  If he doesn't want to attend the inauguration then fine.  I think it's a little petty, but okay.  The "illegitimate" language is too far.  

As far as Clinton, Trump is certainly giving her a lot of reasons not to attend.  

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I think that John Lewis is being very irresponsible with his "illegitimate" language.  It's not helpful and it's not based on any evidence.  If he doesn't want to attend the inauguration then fine.  I think it's a little petty, but okay.  The "illegitimate" language is too far.  

As far as Clinton, Trump is certainly giving her a lot of reasons not to attend.  

Wait till all the facts come out on Trump's ties to Putin and you'll  see what Lewis is talking about.

13 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Wait till all the facts come out on Trump's ties to Putin and you'll  see what Lewis is talking about.

You concede here that your made up "facts" are not yet out (meaning, you don't have any), while at the same time stating it as a given that those same "facts" will someday, eventually prove your bs true.

You're acting more unhinged everyday. Pace yourself, you have eight more years to sound like an irrational and irresponsible $hitgoon, you don't have to squeeze it all in before Trump even takes office...

which will be in 6 short days by the way  Image result for small thumbs up emoticon.

8 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

You concede here that your made up "facts" are not yet out (meaning, you don't have any), while at the same time stating it as a given that those same "facts" will someday, eventually prove your bs true.

You're acting more unhinged everyday. Pace yourself, you have (4) more years to sound like an irrational and irresponsible $hitgoon, you don't have to squeeze it all in before Trump even takes office...

which will be in 6 short days by the way  Image result for small thumbs up emoticon.

FIFY :tiphat: