The Trump Presidency

silentbob1272

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was joking back with you...I'm still glad Trump won though...that's not a joke.  

I know you are always joking, but the problem was the sentence didn't make sense. 

You are partisan, so I know that, but GoReadUp was claiming that Trump was going to defeat the globalists. Dude got played badly. 

• Replies 92.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

GF, please don't talk about partisan with me when you are undoubtedly the most partisan person on the board.  Also one that has never voted outside their party like I have.  

I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012. Last I checked, that was the libertarian candidate for president. 

And in down ballot this year and 2012, I vote for a mix of Dems and Libertarians. 

12 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I have to disagree with you here.  The Dixiecrats main point of contentions were retaining Jim Crow laws. opposing racial integration, and pushing white supremacy.  You know Jimmy nor Slick Willie ever had those notions.   

Naw they weren't those Thurman/Wallace Dixicrats of yesteryear no. They were closer to the farm subsidies and tough on crime (let's not forget Jimmy helped keep the death penalty in Georgia, something he probably  regrets now) your daddies (well maybe not YOUR daddies) blue collar Democrats of yesteryear. TBH Dems could probably adopt some of these old stratagems in the rust belt tho.

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Sounds very (((Globalist))) to me. 

He was never a isolationist he is a protectionist. He believes in free trade. He also believes in keeping American jobs in American. Wanting to remove restrictions that have encouraged companies to move was his campaign message.

Your spin on this is very disingenuous. This is about keeping jobs here while understanding there are global markets for these products. No one has never said that we should not trade with the rest of the world.

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I know you are always joking, but the problem was the sentence didn't make sense. 

You are partisan, so I know that, but GoReadUp was claiming that Trump was going to defeat the globalists. Dude got played badly. 

LOL! No I did not. I understand what he has said and what he is saying now. When I talk globalism I am not talking about free trade I am not a isolationist. I am a protectionist. When we talk globalism we are talking the erosion of national sovereignty. There is nothing globalist about discussing borders and wanting to keep them and make it beneficial for companies to export products from America to the rest of the world. Your lack of understanding does not equate to me getting played. Besides he is not even in office yet and seems to be willing to fulfill his promises. Talk to me after the 1st year in office and then we can have a even better discussion of this.

You are the one that got played voting democrat your whole life thinking you are going to get faster internet connections. What you do not realize about the globalism that we are talking about is what you see in those worst areas of the sanctuary cities. That is the progressive globalism we oppose. It is not about raising the standard of living of everyone it is about the least common denominator. That is why those meetings Trump had on Tuesday were so important. Cleaning up those cities and bringing decent jobs and bringing urban renewal to those places should be very high on the list. You are the sucker and are the one that got duped. You thought this election could not be lost and you were getting your fancy interwebs.

When Lewis and Brown met with Trump they said Trump told them that 22 trillion dollars have been spent and nothing has been done. Trump told him that this stops now and that it will get done. All that money and your lovely democrats never spent a dime and have wrecked many of those communities and I am the one that got played. No sir that is you and everyone like you that have voted for the party that has brought you plantations, reservations and the modern iteration sanctuary cities. Keep clinging to the good old DR3 though since you like being a sucker.

Edited by Sobeit

14 hours ago, Sobeit said:

Why can't he find time to do security meetings or hold a press conference but has no problem meeting with Ray Lewis or Kanye West.  ?

36 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ask the current boss.  He doesn't like taking his briefings, but he had time to meet with Al Sharpton 86 times since he took office?  

I wasn't asking about the current boss. You've mastered the Trump diversion tactic. 

8 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Oh, you were talking about the guy who has not even started the job yet, not the one who has half a$$ed done it for eight years. Makes perfect sense.

Like I told wfw recently when he suggested Obama hadn't governed for 8 years, Obama hasn't half-assed anything (like shoving Obamacare down our throats, deporting illegal immigrants left and right, bombing muslims with drones, keeping Gitmo running, etc . . .).  But you don't care for how he ran things.  I don't either.  And that's ok. 

8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Like I told wfw recently when he suggested Obama hadn't governed for 8 years, Obama hasn't half-assed anything (like shoving Obamacare down our throats, deporting illegal immigrants left and right, bombing muslims with drones, keeping Gitmo running, etc . . .).  But you don't care for how he ran things.  I don't either.  And that's ok. 

Fair enough. I'm not sure what's up with you, but you've been making half way decent points lately and have not even been overly condescending while doing it. I'm not sure I like it.