The Trump Presidency

silentbob1272

I have had the sinus funk for nearly a week now, and I go up to Atlanta today for a mediation and this dumbass old plaintiff's attorney walks in, shakes everyone's hand, and then tells us he's had the flu. My claims adjuster, the mediator and myself practically ran to the bathroom to wash our hands after the opening session. What the **** is wrong with people?

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Meh. Caving now was probably the smart thing to do(assuming the centrist wing do not chicken out the next time). They either get another deal or we get another shutdown, but the next shutdown won't have chip held against them. 

The question of whether this or staying in shutdown mode was a smart strategy depends on the centrist dems.  I doubt we will ever get a DACA deal, but at the very least Dems need to get Republicans admitting that they do not care about them or a deal for them. 

In this environment who cares? People are going to forget about the shutdown in 3 or 4 news cycles or the next time Trump spouts a racist thing in public. At least CHIP got funded for 6 years certainly worth it.