Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Saints winning the SB is bad enough but beating the.....I'm not even gonna type it out. You should feel ashamed.

^^As I've said we're a fragile tribe of people that comes with that sub conscious (admittedly irrational) certainty that we will never lift that trophy. :ninja:

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

^^As I've said we're a fragile tribe of people that comes with that sub conscious (admittedly irrational) certainty that we will never lift that trophy. :ninja:

We aren't fragile.... it's taken decades of abuse to reach this stage.

Well we weren't fragile at least.

23 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Or lose and cement that you are the lesser franchise for the forseable future and they will likely be able to lord it over you for the rest of your life unless you go on some kinda Pats-esq dynasty run. (You should see what the Ravens and Steelers have done to the average Cincy fan, they're practically so catatonic at this point it's why the front office gets away with straight grifting them) I love my fellow Atlantans, but we are fragile folks who fret about things like attendance and respect that just kills our self esteem .

I agree with you it could be penultimate  chapter to a story book ending you'd never forget but again when it comes to sports I've been conditioned by our teams to expect to get the sh*t end.

In case anyone was wondering, this is what Battered Fan Syndrome looks like.

7 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

We aren't fragile.... it's taken decades of abuse to reach this stage.

Well we weren't fragile at least.

Fair point it's why I rail against outsiders who grew up with championships trying to label us weak, but we are definitely a group that collectively is always waiting for the celing to drop cause that' usually the one expectation that gets met.

Guys, nothing can happen in the nfc playoffs this year as bad as us getting to the super bowl again and blowing another big lead. The pain doesn't end until we get the right ending.

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

In case anyone was wondering, this is what Battered Fan Syndrome looks like.

The other side of that coin is the spoiled entitled superiority complex, fans most of your fellow undergrads have become and your graduate school is probably about to be :ninja:

45 minutes ago, Yadi said:

This team needs redemption in a big way. What is better than to beat your arch rival and then beat the quarterback that humiliated you a year ago? 

**** redemption. Sounding like that old dude in TATF, but just get the Lombardi.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A very stable genius...

Literally, the president of the United States.  And as dumb as it is, it’s not half as dumb as the dolts that read that tweet and think, “**** yeah, that’s my president!“

8 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

**** redemption. Sounding like that old dude in TATF, but just get the Lombardi.

I also want to see the saints and their fans cry on national television as we stomp them. I want it all and we should get it all. I'll take the super bowl either way but right now, not knowing what could happen, I want the saints. 

29 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

Literally, the president of the United States.  And as dumb as it is, it’s not half as dumb as the dolts that read that tweet and think, “**** yeah, that’s my president!“

Worse when they are black...

yeah I said it.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A very stable genius...

Pulling this thread just a little further, if it comes from Trump, it’s either a lie, or something to placate his fragile little ego, or both. Which can only mean his dumb little fake award show was pushed back because his advisers are (gently) telling him it’s a terrible idea, and of course no network wants anything to do with airing it (and you know he has tried, probably personally, to get it aired). So he’s stalling for time.

26 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Did Nazi that coming 

I noticed a post by @Ezekiel 25:17 last week in which he expressed a visceral contempt for David Clark that was reminiscent of my visceral contempt for Miller.   I think it is the sort of hostility that is generated when on of your own kind betrays the value you associate with your "own people".  

I think it is a fair kind of ethnic/racial elitism or something.