Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But more people are going to read the book, which is very critical of Trump. How is this good for Trump?

That was my point about Wikileaks playing themselves.  They wanted to hurt the author/publisher.  They probably ended up hurting Trump even more.

4 minutes ago, Yadi said:

The ending to the saints game was tragic. But at the same time I would love for us to go into that ****** city and destroy their super bowl hopes

I'm too pessimistic about my Falcons fandom to be confident we'll get the positive result from that scenario (don't get me wrong I think we could, but don't like the downsides of that gamble enough to want chance it)

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That was my point about Wikileaks playing themselves.  They wanted to hurt the author/publisher.  They probably ended up hurting Trump even more.

That just seems like common sense to me. No one cares about the book's profitability. If they can get it free, they are going to take it.

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And probably a virus that uses your computer/phone/tablet camera to spy on you 24/7.

Good I need tips on my softcore scientology hentai

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I'm too pessimistic about my Falcons fandom to be confident we'll get the positive result from that scenario (don't get me wrong I think we could, but don't like the downsides of that gamble enough to want chance it)

My horribly pessimistic mind sees it far more likely that the Saints beat the Pats in the Super Bowl and rub our faces in it for all eternity.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Hey!  You're invading my turf.  I'll make the appropriate predictions if we get there. 

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That just seems like common sense to me. No one cares about the book's profitability. If they can get it free, they are going to take it.

Except that I don’t think it’s going to hurt the book’s profits much because people who were going to pay for it will still pay for it.  This move mostly reaches people who had no interest in paying for the book but would read it for free.  So it doesn’t hurt the profits AND it distributes the negative dirt on Trump.

Wikileaks isn't allied to Trump anyway.  They're allied to Putin and this is a book purporting the American president is a dumb sociopath, which at least half the American public wants to eagerly devour

Doesn't take a genius 

7 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

My horribly pessimistic mind sees it far more likely that the Saints beat the Pats in the Super Bowl and rub our faces in it for all eternity.

Wouldn't that just be the perfect book end to thsee last few years. To go from a massive botched superbowl lead  to watching our rivals lift another one...

I'd be the biggest gaw**** Patriot fan in that scenario that even Mark Walberg, Bill Simmons and Richard  ****ing Spencer would pale in comparison and nobody wants that 

12 minutes ago, AF89 said:

The defense is rounding into shape at the end of our season like last year. They look really good. The offense would need to have a good day and i think they will. I guarantee nothing like that last saints game is going to happen again. The NFL is not going to let their refs perform that badly, for one, and it is unlikely we will have those freak plays again. I'm feeling good about it. It may be close but this team can do it.

I'm going to be rooting hard for the Vikings next Sunday, even if I can admit that the Saints give us a better chance to return to the Suberbowl. It's just the way this team has conditioned me. I'd rather get punched in the mouth by a stranger than risk a devastating embarrassment to a familiar enemy.

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I'm going to be rooting hard for the Vikings next Sunday, even if I can admit that the Saints give us a better chance to return to the Suberbowl. It's just the way this team has conditioned me. I'd rather get punched in the mouth by a stranger than risk a devastating embarrassment to a familiar enemy.

I think I'd rather play the Vikings than Saints since we know each other so well. They even say the same thing on their message board.

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

This team needs redemption in a big way. What is better than to beat your arch rival and then beat the quarterback that humiliated you a year ago? 

19 minutes ago, Yadi said:

This team needs redemption in a big way. What is better than to beat your arch rival and then beat the quarterback that humiliated you a year ago? 

Or lose and cement that you are the lesser franchise for the forseable future and they will likely be able to lord it over you for the rest of your life unless you go on some kinda Pats-esq dynasty run. (You should see what the Ravens and Steelers have done to the average Cincy fan, they're practically so catatonic at this point it's why the front office gets away with straight grifting them) I love my fellow Atlantans, but we are fragile folks who fret about things like attendance and respect that just kills our self esteem .

I agree with you it could be penultimate  chapter to a story book ending you'd never forget but again when it comes to sports I've been conditioned by our teams to expect to get the sh*t end.

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Or lose and cement that you are the lesser franchise for the forseable future and they will likely be able to lord it over you for the rest of your life unless you go on some kinda Pats-esq dynasty run. (You should see what the Ravens and Steelers have done to the average Cincy fan, they're practically so catatonic at this point it's why the front office gets away with straight grifting them) I love my fellow Atlantans, but we are fragile folks who fret about things like attendance and respect.

I agree with you it could be penultimate  chapter to a story book ending you'd never forget but again when it comes to sports I've ve conditioned by our teams to expect to get the sh*t end.

k0jPoN6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Seriously.....you should feel bad for even typing that **** out you son of a *****. Apologies spongedad but he deserved it.

:shrug: nothing I haven't said a thousand times before.